LighthouseKeepers.com

A New Lighthouse Pin

Posted By: Shortcake

A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/29/02 02:48 PM

On my last trip to Cedar Keys Lighthouse back in July, I searched every shop in town for a Lighthouse Lapel/hat pin. But there were none to be had, so I decided to take the initiative and financial risk to have some made myself. They will be sold at the Open House of Cedar Keys Lighthouse in Florida on October 19th & 20th. After the open house I will try to sell the remaining stock to the local gift shops. However I wanted to give all you Lighthouse Wackos here on the forum the first opportunity to purchase one. Profits from the sale of these pins will be donated to the Florida Lighthouse Assoc. Please help out by ordering one!!

The pins sell for $5.00 each, add $1.00 for postage.

Please send check or money order to:
Stephanie Dingler
450-T Schillinger Rd PMB 298
Mobile, AL 36608
Posted By: Beaconfollower

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/30/02 12:20 AM

Love the pin Shortcake. Thanks for the opportunity to buy one, the check will be in the mail. Keep up the great work. smile
Posted By: RFoster

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/30/02 12:45 AM

Thanks for posting this offer Shortcake. I like the pin. I have printed the address out and you can expect the check to be arriving in a few days.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/30/02 02:24 AM

Thanks for posting this Shortcake and a special thanks for having the courage to take on this financial risk on your own. Check is in the mail!

Bert smile
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/30/02 04:22 AM

Its great. Count me in.
Posted By: mghusge

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/30/02 06:33 PM

The pin looks great. Count me in for two pins. Check is in the mail.
Mike & Nettie

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/30/02 09:11 PM

Thank You to all of you who have and will order thies pins. I had to order 1,000 to get a good deal. So keep the orders comming. smile

Stephanie
Posted By: eastpoint

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/30/02 09:19 PM

Great looking pin cool

Will be sending the check shortly

Stephanie, mailed my order 0n 9/6.
Posted By: wheland

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/31/02 01:49 AM

Stephanie,

I've got a question- is the address you list correct?

I went to the USPS Zip+4 site and it states that that address does not exist in their databanks for Mobile, AL

I'd like to send a check, but I wanted to make sure it will get there quickly.

Dennis
Posted By: Elmer

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/31/02 01:50 AM

Hi Steph,

Count me in ... will get a check in the mail quick as a wabbit!! laugh

Dan
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/31/02 03:39 AM

Hi Stephanie,

The pin looks great. Count us in for two please. We'll send the check out this weekend.

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/31/02 05:13 AM

Yes Dennis the address is correct. I don't understand why it's not in the book. The zip code 36608 has been in force for years and years. Now if it's the street address that's not showing up in the book that may be becaues it is my (PMB) Personal Mail Box at Mail Boxes Etc. I have been using this address for the last two years with no problems.

Stephanie
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/31/02 06:33 PM

Stephanie

Great looking pin and thanks for taking the chance.

Our check for two pins will be in the mail this weekend.
Posted By: wheland

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 08/31/02 08:59 PM

Stephanie,

I'll send out my check on Tuesday. I still get the same message when I try the address at the website.

http://www.usps.com/zip4/

I hope you do well with the pins.

Dennis

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/05/02 03:07 PM

I recevied checks today Daniel Drogowski and Bert Guerin. My thanks to both of you! I will have your pins on thier way to you this afernoon.

Thank You! smile
Stephanie

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/06/02 08:17 AM

OOPS!! eek Just realized that I had posted the wrong date for the Cedar Keys Open House. It has been corrected. It is Oct. 19th and 20th not the 26& 27th as previously posted. Pardon my eara please!

Stephanie
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/06/02 12:50 PM

Stephanie
Put me down for two. I will send check out Monday.
I have been to the Open House in Cedar Key a couple of years ago. I will try again this year.
I recommend it highly.

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/06/02 06:36 PM

Daniel, COME ON DOWN! laugh

We get better and better at each open house! The more we do this the more we learn. I'm sure it won't be the same as it was several years ago. So come on out to see us!!! cool

And if you do, look for me, I'll be the one with the big black hat w/all the Lighthouse pins on it! laugh laugh

Stephanie

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/06/02 07:57 PM

For all of you who have already posted a reply ordering a pin (or 2) you will notice that the price has changed. This will not affect your order, as I will stick by the price that you agreed to.

However all new orders will be the new price ($5.00). Sorry folks, if you snoozed you loosed! I was told by several people that I was not asking enough for my pins, so I raised the price just a little.

What does this mean? It means that the Florida Lighthouse Ass. will get more $$. smile So keep the orders coming!

Stephanie

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/07/02 06:51 AM

Ktamlin, mghusge, and TerryBarfield. Your checks came in today, your pins are packaged and ready to go in the mail tomarrow.

Thank You ! smile smile smile

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/10/02 12:17 AM

eek Gee am I the only one posting here anymore. frown laugh

Once again I want to say Thank you to all of you who have mailed your orders to me. I recviced three more today. Keep them coming.

And I want to add an extra special Thank you to Dennis for your calendar order! The Cub Scouts will use the money earned form the calendar sales to pay for winter camp in November. I had no idea that anyone on the forums would order calendars. I had only mentioned them one time in a totaly differnt topic, and that was in fun. Thank you for picking up on this! I guess I should have made a post that I was selling them, here in the fundraising topic. But I didn't want to look like some dealer. I am only a Lighthouse Loving Cub Scout Leader, who happens to be running two different fundraisers for two different causes at the same time!

But now that it has been made known, if any one would like to add a calendar to your pin order, just add $3.00 more to your order. (thats $2. for the calendar and $1. for the extra postage)

Oh and by-the-way just incase anyone wants to know what is on the front of the calendars, let me give you a hint. I am the Fundrasing Chairman of our pack, so what do you think is on them? (NO, it wouldn't be a Lighthouse would it?) :rolleyes: (OFCOURSE IT IS !!!!) laugh laugh

Stephanie
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/11/02 06:27 PM

Stephanie,

The pin arrived today and I am very pleased with it. For those of you who haven't ordered one. DO IT NOW! The pin is very well done. Very tastefully done. I will proudly wear it. Thanks for doing these up and for what you do for lighthouses, Cedar Keys Light and for your informative posts on the forum.

Bert wink

Posted By: lhlover

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/11/02 09:11 PM

Thank you Stephanie for the wonderful pin! It's even nicer in person than your picture shows. It's well worth the money! And I'm so glad that the Florida Lighthouse Association will benifit from the sales! You go GIRL! smile smile smile
Posted By: mghusge

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/11/02 09:23 PM

Stephanie
Received the pins today. Pins look great. We will see you at the FLA meeting at Sanibel. Thanks again,
Mike & Nettie
Posted By: rscroope

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/16/02 01:35 PM

Stephanie, received my pins, very impressive, and continued good luck with you sale and fundraising!
Bob

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/21/02 08:03 PM

I still show that two of you who posted that you wanted a pin have not mailed out your check. However several that did not post saying you wanted one, did! Thanks, to you silent buyers!!

Any one else???????? confused
Come on, it's not too late, get those orders in!!!!!!!!!! smile smile
Posted By: Medicman

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/22/02 02:40 AM

Hey Stephanie,
Throw my name in the hat and reserve me 2.
I can't make the Open House frown but I am coming down from Kentucky to Panama City the first week of October smile
Not sure how many lights we'll be visiting but we'll just wait and see.... laugh

We are driving down late on Saturday the 6th. Our reservations at the beach house starts Sunday and I thing it runs to the 11th or 12th. (I'm not in charge of reservations...just the driving :rolleyes: )
Plan on seeing Pensacola on the way in which is open from 12-4 on Sundays

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/22/02 08:28 AM

Medicman,
From Panama City you can do 4 lighthouses in a day trip (St.Joseph Point, Cape San Blas, Crooked River and St. Marks). I would like to tell you that you can also do Cape St. George on that day trip but unless you have a boat I'm afraid that one is out of the question. I have tryed to get out to Cape St. George on several trips but the best that I could find was a charter boat that would cost $75.per person. mad I do want to see it, but not that much! The other 4 you can drive right up to. Good luck to you on your trip, I hope you have a great time! Panama City is a nice place to visit and they have the best beachs.

What dates will you be there? I'm heading that way myself Oct. 10th.

Stephanie
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/27/02 01:23 AM

Hold two pins for me, Stephanie!

The check will be in the mail tomorrow!

They look great! Wonderful way to raise funds!

P.S. Hope you're not getting flooded out down there! We're getting lots of rain from the same storm!

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/27/02 06:41 AM

No Randy it wasn't too bad at my house. Had lots of rain, but I live up on a hill, so it didn't pose a problem for me. However for all those folks that live in the low lying areas (which is most of Mobile) did get flooded in one way or another. As for the winds, that wasn't too bad ether. Some folks would say that the wind was just ahful. But I have lived here most all my life and after you live through some of the Hurricanes that I have. This thing wasn't Sh#%! The most damage that it did in my neighborhood was that my next door neighbor had to go retrive his garbage can down at the end of the street. Thou as I said before some parts of town did have it alot worse due to water damage!

Stephanie

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/27/02 06:59 AM

Hay Folks here's a bit interesting news. I received a check today from Medicman for the Cedar Keys pin. Now the interesting part is that: on his check is not only a lighthouse but the imprinted words Harbour Light Wacko. Now I just think that's neat! Way to go Richard!
Posted By: oseabee

Re: A New Lighthouse Pin - 09/28/02 02:13 AM

Hi there short cake.I'll have my check in the mail by Sunday for 1 pin and I may make it to miami,see you there Bill O'Brien aka oseabee.
© 2024 Collector Forums