LighthouseKeepers.com

PC exchanges

Posted By: Sooner Schooner

PC exchanges - 08/24/07 05:18 PM

Are we due for another exchange and/or
round-robin soon?
Posted By: rscroope

Re: PC exchanges - 08/24/07 07:58 PM

I think we're ready! Probably after Labor Day? Anyone can start them but Dave usually gets them going. Dave is focused on the Regional right now,'Bob
Posted By: Dave H

Re: PC exchanges - 08/28/07 04:44 PM

I'm not going to start up either a round robin or postcard exchange due to other commitments I have over the next several months. However, if an established Forum member would like to start them up they are more than welcome to do so. Mel took on the responsibility for the last set of exchanges.

I have been hesitant to start up exchanges too often because in the past they were over-done. Participation has been declining significantly and I have begun to see repeats of cards. There is a small core of people who would be happy to participate in exchanges on a continual basis, but doing so is counter productive because fewer and fewer people will participate. From a personal standpoint, I have enough sets of 25+ cards to go for the next 10 or more exchanges, but when is the last time we came close to that number?

For the folks that want to be in a continual exchange mode, I think the robins are the better choice. However, the caveat there is that you have to mix up the composition and order on an ongoing basis. If you don't, they will fall into the same rut as exchanges and people will opt out.

Just as in collecting HLs, I have come to believe that fewer is better . . . .
Posted By: Dave

Re: PC exchanges - 09/05/07 11:31 PM

Yes I would be interested in another Round Robin or exchange.Let me know what you decide and I will let you have details of my new address.
Regards,
Dave
© 2024 Collector Forums