LighthouseKeepers.com

Post Card Round Robins to Restart!

Posted By: Dave H

Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/14/05 04:54 AM

Are you interested in joining into a post card round robin? Read on. . .

Round Robins are a group of folks who exchange post cards among themselves. A distribution list is established, with each person to receive the robin in sequence. They start with a leader putting a set of new, unused lighthouse post cards in the mail to the first person on the list. When the cards are received, the person should review them, remove cards they would like to add to their collection, replacing them with a like number of new cards and then gettting the robin mailed out to the next person on the list (this should happen within a day or two of receipt so the robins move along.) The robin is completed when the package returns to the leader, who is also the last person on the list.

Pretty simple rules apply:
• Must be new, unused card
• May have no more than 2 of the same card
• Need to move the robin to the next person within 48 hours or so.

As the robin starts out and is received by each person, they will post a note in a thread dedicated to that robin so folks will know where the robin is at. Depending on how many folks are interested, we may begin multiple robins so they don't get too large.

Interested? Sign in below if you are. If you have not participated in the last set of robins or post card exchanges (or have a new address) please email me your snail mail address. If you are interested in serving as one of the leaders, please also email me.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/14/05 04:58 AM

I'll be happy to start out a Round Robin. Just found my shoebox full of NEW lighthouse post cards.
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/14/05 05:02 AM

I'm interested either as a leader or participant; it doesn't matter to me.
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/14/05 05:03 AM

I'm interested.
Posted By: bonnebert

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/14/05 02:42 PM

Yes, I am interested in still participating.

Joyce
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/14/05 02:48 PM

I'm in.
Bob
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/14/05 03:43 PM

Put me down for this one please!
Posted By: mombo

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/15/05 03:15 AM

Sure
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/15/05 04:10 AM

Ofcourse I want to be in the next Robin! You bet ya I do! cool cool cool
Posted By: Sooner Schooner

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/15/05 06:48 AM

Yes, keep me in.

Bill Edwards
Syracuse, NY
Posted By: JoAnn

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/15/05 09:32 AM

Definitely!
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/15/05 04:35 PM

Yes, we want to participate in the next Round Robin. smile smile

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/15/05 07:22 PM

Looks like we have the required 10 participants, St. Dave.

If any of you haven't given Dave your mailing address, please email him now. I'll include a set of mailing labels in with the Robin so you can send it on to the next recipient.

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/15/05 08:07 PM

Not so fast, John. We are going to leave sign ups open for at least a week. We will see how many want to participate. We also won't go with 10 person robins as they are too large. We will be doing multiple robins that interchange members each round, similar to what we did last time. I will post when we close the sign-ups for this round, so folks, please sign up if you would like to participate.

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/15/05 11:24 PM

Oops. Never Mind.
Posted By: DocJ44

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/17/05 03:58 PM

Include me too.
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/20/05 10:23 PM

Count me back in. smile
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/21/05 08:49 PM

Put me down to participate.

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/25/05 03:46 AM

If we can get 2-3 more folks here in the next few days we will start up with 3 robins. If not, we will have 2 slightly larger ones. Don't miss this opportunity to add some great new cards to your collection.

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/29/05 02:56 AM

I'm going to close this Sunday and assign people to a robin, so if you are interested now is the time to let me know. You will next be able to join in when the robins have made a full circuit and are back at the originator - probably 4 to 8 weeks or so.

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 01/31/05 09:01 PM

Sign up for this round is closed. There are 15 players, divided into two robins. John C and Darlene will be the originators of the first round. You have been sent an email about which robin you are assigned to (12 or 13) and will get another one from either John or Darlene with the order of the robin. They will also be starting threads for each robin for you to post in.

Keep the robins moving, and have fun. Hopefully you will end up with some new cards for your collection.
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 02/15/05 08:53 PM

Has the second group for the RR started? confused I read that Darlene's group is to the third person now.
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Post Card Round Robins to Restart! - 02/15/05 11:05 PM

Doesn't look like JC has even started a thread yet !!
© 2024 Collector Forums