LighthouseKeepers.com

Posted By: wvlights0

This is just for checking on interest in another exchange. We already have: Bob Scroope, Melody and me. Any one else interested?

Now for signing up!

Looks like we also have Carol and Judy. Thats 5!
Posted By: WVsister

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/02/10 12:17 PM

Please,
Add me to the list. #6
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/02/10 06:41 PM

As always..... you can add my name to that list!
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/02/10 09:07 PM

Count me in

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/03/10 05:52 PM

We have 8 so far! Any new people? If you need information about how the postcard exchanges work, please check out this thread.
Postcard Exchanges
This time we are looking at a "Out of Envelope" exchange, the simplest one.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/05/10 07:21 PM

I think this changed from a "check on interest" to a "sign up" thread. I will coordinate unless someone else wants to jump in. I hope we can get 15 people again. Jump on in!
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/05/10 11:15 PM

Thanks, Laura.

Judy
Posted By: Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/05/10 11:19 PM

Count me in. I still have some NS cards.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/05/10 11:34 PM

Those are different NS cards from what I sent before.

Are the ones signed up so far? Laura, Bob Scrooge, Memody, Nancy, Stephanie, Lady Bug, Judy Newblom, Carol (docsweetie), and Judy (which??).

I'm missing a whole month of replies. Went from 3-31 to 4-28 with nothing in between.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/06/10 01:33 AM

So far we have 9: Laura, Bob S., Melody, Nancy, Stephanie, Lady Bug, Judy N., Carol and Ellie.
Posted By: Sooner Schooner

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/06/10 07:53 PM

yep
Posted By: kory63

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/06/10 08:08 PM

Me Too!

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/07/10 10:41 PM

Thats 10 and 11. We have room for more. I will leave this open till next Wednesday, that will make 2 weeks for sign up.
Come on in Newbies, its easy. welcome
Posted By: Don Hamburg

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/08/10 04:08 AM

I wanted in on the last one, but decided to just watch the forum for everyone's posts on the exchange. Looks like fun, add me to the list.

Thanks
Don

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/10/10 06:32 PM

That makes 12 so far. Don, be sure to send me your address and email. Glad to have you.
So far we have...Laura, Bob S., Melody, Nancy, Stephanie, Lady Bug, Judy N., Carol, Ellie, Bill, Rick and Don.

Anybody else? Open though Wednesday.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/12/10 04:19 PM

Last day to sign up for an Out of Envelope - Postcard Exchange. I will be emailing the addresses for one last double check this evening. We have 12 participants, it would be great to have a couple more...
Posted By: Tom

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/12/10 07:40 PM

Laura, please count me in.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/13/10 02:33 AM

Check your emails, address labels have been sent out for approval. Let me know if there are any corrections or if you didn't get the email. I will wait till this weekend for corrections and then give the signal. Thank you everyone for joining in!

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/17/10 02:07 AM

I have sent out the final mailing list. Go right ahead and mail your cards as soon as you can. I am looking forward to checking my mail. towel

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/18/10 03:55 AM

My cards are ready for the AM mail tomorrow.

I only hope that everyone gets a different card then they did inside thier envelope from the last exchange. Yes you guessed it... I'm sending 1st Day issue postcards of the Lighthouse stamps. smile
Posted By: Sooner Schooner

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/21/10 01:11 AM

Mine went into the mail today...

Oops, mine are not first day issues, but they are from the gulf coast lh stamps, oh well.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/21/10 02:27 AM

That's ok Bill. There are 5 different cards in this group of Lighthouse Stamp postcards. Hopefully everybody will wind up with 3 different cards.

If not... maybe we can have a new Exchange... list what you have 2 or 3 of, and exchange with someone who has 2 or 3 of something else! LOL laugh

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/22/10 06:19 PM

Put mine in the mail yesterday(Fri) and received 2 today from Stepahnie & Ellie!!
applaud applaud
Rick

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/24/10 12:04 AM

HI;

I forgot to get on and say when I posted mine. I think I did it Friday after I left my little exercise class. I had to go to the PO as I was afraid to use $.28 stamps becausse the seemed oversized. At the PO they said they were okay, I hope no one had to pay any postage due.

Rick, you must be pretty close to Bernville from your New York address since you received it the next day.

Steph: Received yours Saturday, I think. My life feels in a bit of a turmoil right now.

Daughter and son-in-law are moving back to the states. Decided their moving to Sicily was an experiement that didn't work out. It will be nice to have them only a couple hours away.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/24/10 12:08 AM

Maybe the next mailing should be the ten cards in an envelope. That way we can use up any odd ball cards we have, since I don't have enough for a mailing like the one we are in now. Or I have to drive down to Concord Point when their shop is open. Or maybe I could write to some of the gift shops at various lights. Some of the Oregon lights have really nice gift shops.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/24/10 05:57 PM

I got Stephanie's and Ellie's Saturday. Stephanie, I did get the same one. Great cards though! And thanks Ellie, loved your card.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/24/10 07:31 PM

Have received cards from Stephanie and Bill. Thanks! Will try and get mine out in the mail this week, still trying to decide what cards to use.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/25/10 02:13 AM

Received cards today from Ellie, Stephanie, Rick and Bill. Mine will go out tomorrow.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/25/10 05:06 PM

Ellie's and Rick's cards were in yesterday's post. Both were great.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/26/10 12:33 AM

Laura, What card was it that I sent to you? I'll send you another one! You're pick... tell me which one you want.

I've gotten cards from Ellie, Bill,& Rick.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/26/10 02:15 AM

I received Bill's card yesterday. It arrived in terrible shape. Maybe I can get the PO to give me a new one. Fat chance.

Rick, I don't know if I have that shot of Split Rock. We went on three different cruises out of Houthton, MI with Suzanne Murphy and the WILD gang. In August 2005, we did the western part of Lake Superior and went to Split Rock. we took a lot of pictures, but I don't know what cards we bought then.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/26/10 03:18 AM

I received cards from Bill, Stephanie and Ellie. Mine will go out tomorrow.

Judy

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/27/10 08:27 AM

Mine went into the mail this morning. I have recieved from Ellie, Bill, Stephanie, and Rick. This is fun.
Posted By: docsweetie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/28/10 03:54 AM

My cards will go in the mail tomorrow. Everyone have a nice Memorial Day weekend!

Carol

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/29/10 06:26 AM

Thank you Tom, your card is #5.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/29/10 07:51 PM

I'm at 5 also!! Recieved cards from Bill, Tom and Nancy!! Great cards!!!
Rick

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/30/10 05:45 PM

I have 5 also. Bill, Stephanie, Ellie, Rick and Nancy. Mine are ready and on the way to the mailbox.
Stephanie, just wait and we will see if I can trade with someone.

Anyone else notice that we are sending polar bears to each other? North to Alaska!

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/30/10 09:24 PM

Hmm, what an interesting idea! I hadn't thought of that. I tried to buy the lighthouse stamps at the PO and had to get the polar bears instead. It must be a Karma, ESP, deja vu thing. Anyway pack your telescopic lens, binoculars and warm coats! We'll be there before you know it.

By the way if you want to buy the Gulf Lighthouse stamp set, you can still get them by going to the USPS website and order online. No lighthouses at the three POs I tried here in the suburbs of KC.

Carol

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 05/31/10 06:08 AM

The last two cards I got were from Tom and Nancy. I love this, too.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/01/10 06:13 PM

Received cards from Tom and Nancy. Mine went in the mail on Friday, but I used the US flag stamps in honor of Memorial Day.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/02/10 12:05 AM

I have 9 cards now. Bill, Stephanie, Ellie, Rick, Nancy, Carol, Melody, Judy and Tom. 2 are Canadian and 6 come with polar bears. Great cards, all of them. I still need Bob, Darlene and Don. Just over 2 weeks and more than half done. Good job.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/02/10 12:19 AM

Received cards today from Carol & Judy! Somehow missed Saginaw while at on the way to/from Mackinaw for the reunion and will probably never get to New Point Loma!! So I really think they were GREAT choices cheers cheers
Rick

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/02/10 05:19 AM

Received cards from Carol, Judy and Nancy today. Have enjoyed all the cards received.
Nancy, we do enjoy living on the Outer Banks of NC.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/02/10 05:39 PM

Have received cards from Judy and Carol. I too have enjoyed all the cards received smile

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/02/10 10:27 PM

I recxeived Judy'a card yesterday. I really like the aerial shots.

Mel's card came today. I must not have looked at card while we were in PEI last year. I certainly don't remember that one. Thanks loads.

As always,
Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/02/10 10:32 PM

I was wondeering how Laura had nine cards and I only have eight. Well, duh, El. I didn't send one to me. LOL

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/02/10 10:42 PM

You should catch up soon. Mine went out yesterday.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/02/10 11:16 PM

Mel's card arrived today. Prince Edward Island is one place I hope to travel someday.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/04/10 01:30 AM

Went to the mail box today.... it's been over a week since I checked the mail. How much fun... 5 cards waiting on me to pick up! Carol, Tom, Nancy, Judy, and Melody. All great cards.

Mel, no I did not have that card.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/04/10 02:13 AM

Received cards from Mel and Laura today! Liked them both very much!
Rick
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/04/10 07:50 PM

The PO is a big disaster! I spent more time there waiting to get postcard stamps then I did shopping in COSTCO!
Been awhile for this type of PC exchange. Price increase from 23 to 28. Anyway hand written pcs in mail tomorrow morning.
Great cards arriving almost daily.
thanks,
Bob
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/07/10 07:50 AM

Postcards are addressed and will go in the mail on Monday

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/07/10 10:58 PM

I just went out to the mailbox to see if any came today before I wrote. Saturday I received Laura's card and Carol's card. Had to check the photo album from 2001 when we went out and did Door Co. on our own with my cousin, Tommie. There was a picture of Tlen & me in front of Kewaunee. Of course, Tommie took the picture.

Bob, it has been a while since you sent post cards. The cost when it went to 28 as 27. It must have been several years. Welcome to NOW

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/10/10 02:22 AM

Got Bob's card today. Very nice! I saw two of those just a couple months ago.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/10/10 07:35 PM

Also received Bob's card today!! Another great one of lights I saw before I knew about the CF's and the postcard exchanges so never began "stockpiling" cards for an exchange like this!!
Rick

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/10/10 10:54 PM

Received yesterday cards from Laura and Bob. Great cards

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/11/10 12:28 AM

I got Bob's card yesterday. I didn't realize there were so many cards for NJ lights.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/11/10 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellie:
I got Bob's card yesterday. I didn't realize there were so many cards for NJ lights.

Ellie
NJ??????????

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/11/10 06:55 PM

I received Darlene's card just now!! vhappy A west coast light I'll never see in person! THANKS!!
Rick
P.S. Only 1 left to receive!!!

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/11/10 09:27 PM

Got Bob's card with Delaware lights today. Thanks! Great card. smile Hope I can see them one day.

Don't know how many cards yet to receive. Haven't been keeping track. Glad someone is!

Carol

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/12/10 04:34 AM

Received an email from Don today. He has been away on military travel and his cards will be going out shortly. This exchange will be wrapped up soon. Good job!

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/15/10 05:20 AM

Darlene's card arrived in WV today. I haven't seen it yet, but from what I heard I will love it. One more to go. Keep your eyes on your mailbox, there's a little surprise coming.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/17/10 08:08 AM

Been out-of-town again. And when I got back home went to the mail box to find the last of the cards waiting for me.

Thanks to Laura, Darlene, Bob and Donald.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/17/10 05:42 PM

I too have been out of town. Received great cards from Darlene and Bob. Only waiting on Donald's.

Thanks everybody for another fun postcard exchange.

Judy

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/17/10 06:37 PM

Just received towel towel Nancy & Laura's "little surprise"!! Quite unexpected and very much appreciated! Thank you! cheers
Rick

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/17/10 09:20 PM

I received Darlene's card several days ago. I've not been on-line much lately. I am looking forward to Don's card.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/24/10 04:38 PM

Stephanie, are you certain you received Donald's card? Its been a week and I haven't received it and no one else has reported. Regarding the extra from Nancy and me, be sure to notice the postmark...

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/24/10 05:03 PM

Laura,

I did get the extra card from you and Nancy. Thank You that was great!

As for Donald's card... Well I got a card from someone! It didn't have a name on it, and being that Donald's was the only one missing, I assumed it was from him. It's a card of Sullivan's Island, SC and the postmark is from Duluth, MN. But I guess it could be from someone else? I do have a Lighthouse friend that lives in MN that is not a Forum member. Maybe it is from her??

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/24/10 05:40 PM

It must be from her. Donald is in Maryland. We can give him some extra time, consideration and gratitude since he's in the military. And this exchange seemed to go pretty quickly anyway!
Nancy and I sat and wrote out the cards as we waited for the Prudence Island ferry. Would have been nice if we had found Prudence postcards. That was a very quiet peaceful island and I especially loved seeing the birdcage lantern up close.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/24/10 07:52 PM

Sorry Bob, I don't know why I thought your card was NJ lights. Guess I need a course in remedial reading.

Still no card from Donald.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/25/10 07:19 PM

That's ok Ellie.

Laura & Nancy - thanks for extra card!

Are we ready for another pc exchange?

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/25/10 09:41 PM

I'm ready! Why don't we figure out in this thread what kind of PC exchange we want to do next while this one finishes up. Is it Robin time?

Anyone want to take a turn running the next one? I don't mind at all, but do not want to keep all the fun to myself.

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 06/26/10 12:01 AM

Thanks, Laura and Nancy for the card. That was an extra treat!

I'm ready for our next exchange. Laura, you did a fine job so you have my vote!

Judy

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 07/10/10 06:33 PM

Thanks, Laura and Nancy, for the great card. I've not been on much lately. My daughter and her family have moved back from Sicily and they are staying with me till the find some land around Carbon Co., PA. More people to use the PC and I'm up to my ears in dissatisfaction with Verizon's DSL. The longer I have it, the slower it is.

Ellie

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 07/16/10 12:28 AM

I got Don's card today, good one! That's everyone.

Anyone else ready for another postcard exchange? What kind?

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 07/16/10 04:42 AM

Ready!

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 07/17/10 06:49 PM

Got my great pc from Don. Thanks, Don.

I'm ready for the next round!

Judy

Re: Sign up for "No envelope" exchange - 07/19/10 02:06 AM

Rec'd Don's card in Friday's post. Thanks!

I am ready for another round.

Should we start numbering these, I think we used too?
© 2024 Collector Forums