LighthouseKeepers.com

Chinese Lights on Maxi Cards

Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Chinese Lights on Maxi Cards - 05/31/06 04:26 PM

Ok, you asked for it (didn't you Grace? wink ) and so here are the first few philatelic items with lighthouses.

These Maxi-Cards were issued to go with the stamps, which were issued in the People's Republic of China on the 22nd of May 2006.

As you can see, Card and stamp show the same lighthouse.

Guishan Island Lighthouse

Dagu Lighthouse

Mulantou Lighthouse

Wusongkou Lighthouse

These are the newest lighthouse stamps we have. There are much older ones. But I'll save that for another time.
smile
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: Chinese Lights on Maxi Cards - 05/31/06 07:38 PM

Those are some interesting lighthouses.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Chinese Lights on Maxi Cards - 05/31/06 11:52 PM

I was thinking the same thing, Robert. Margret, how big is a "maxi card" or is that a brand name?
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Chinese Lights on Maxi Cards - 06/01/06 01:40 AM

Margret...how did you get those stamp cards? John and I are leaving for China on June 9. It would be nice to be able to pick some of them up while we are there.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Chinese Lights on Maxi Cards - 06/01/06 02:18 AM

Thank you, Margret, these are really terrific, especially since they are Chinese. My China group and I are in the planning stages for another trip to China. I would love to pick some of these up if I go back. cool
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Chinese Lights on Maxi Cards - 06/01/06 09:20 AM

Maxi-Cards are the size of a normal picture post card. (a quarter of an A4 sheet of paper)

They are issued for the first day of issue for a stamp and ususally depict the same topic as the stamp - in this case the same lighthouse.

We got these via a contact we have in China. I am not sure where in China you can buy them.
They are available at Delcampe Auctions ... here:
2006 China(Chine) Maximum Cards---Lighthouses(4v), lighthouse phare leuchtturm theme!!

(Actually the seller is the guy who supplied us!)
© 2024 Collector Forums