LighthouseKeepers.com

PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up

Posted By: Dave H

PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/29/05 03:04 AM

It has been long enough. Time to see if there is any interest in restarting the Post Card Exchanges. Max of 25 people. This one will be for new cards sent in an envelope, hopefully with a short letter from you about why you chose the light you did, or maybe some adventure involving the light. Don't have to send all the same card, but it is very helpful in keeping track of what you have sent to a person. You would need a total of 27 cards (24 other players, 2 courtesy cards, and one for yourself.)

Exchange will run thru May 31. If you have not participated in a recent exchange, you need to send me your mailing address.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/29/05 06:37 AM

Dave,

I have my cards and inserts and am ready to get this thing started. So put me down as #1.

Everyone will get the same card from me. Need any help at guessing what card I'll be sending out, probley not! laugh
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/29/05 07:08 AM

#2 please!
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/29/05 06:10 PM

Dave...if you are in for #1, then I will jump to #4.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/29/05 07:28 PM

Posted By: Sunshine

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/29/05 08:48 PM

#6 - I'm ready?
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/29/05 09:49 PM

#7 We are working toward an on time record for this exchange. I think we will make it smile
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/30/05 12:31 AM

# 8
Posted By: RFoster

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/30/05 10:56 AM

We're #9

Ron & MJ
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/30/05 07:55 PM

I'll be #10.
Posted By: Sooner Schooner

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/31/05 12:15 AM

#11, I'm in.

Bill Edwards
Syracuse, NY
Posted By: Digger

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 01/31/05 04:54 AM

You betcha Dave. Sign me up!!
laugh
Posted By: sanddollar11941

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/02/05 01:47 PM

Dave
Please sign me up for this exchange
Thanks
Charles

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/10/05 02:55 AM

We seem to be at a standstill. I will be sending all of you an email asking if you want to go forward and do this exchange with a small group or if you want to hold off and try again in a month or so. Please reply to the email, not here.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/14/05 06:28 AM

We will go on with the reduced number we now have. Address list is in the email tonight. Please post mailings and receipts to this thread.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/17/05 01:12 AM

Mine went into the post office today, from snowy Syracuse. Everybody get the same.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/17/05 07:26 AM

Mine are in the envelopes and stamped. Will take to the postoffice first thing in the morning.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/22/05 04:39 AM

I received Bill's envelope on Saturday. Thanks for the card and information. I would love to take the Seaway Trail drive. Has anyone got a time frame on how long it takes to see all 20 lighthouses?

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/22/05 10:09 PM

Received Bill's card the other day. Very nice "multi view" card - more lights per card!

Hit the jackpot today when Steph's envelope arrived. I think for most of us the included will be new cards for our collections.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/23/05 01:38 AM

To answer Lori's question... I've done almost all of the seaway lights at least once. A fair amount multiple times. I usually do a handful in long summer daytrips. A few or so are not easy find if you don't know the area. Depending how much time you spend at each, considering the ones that are open to visitation during the summer...
I would suggest about 3-days or so.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/23/05 01:56 AM

Had a good laugh when I read the brochure included with Steph's cards. Look at the top Pic on the front of the brochure. What the heck are "COCODRILES" ?????? Must be spanish!
laugh laugh

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/23/05 02:44 AM

Stephanie, that was quite a package. Thanks for all the extras!! smile When I was in Cozumel in 1999, I was just getting into lighthouses. I regret that we didn't rent a car to see that one light.

I'll have to check to see if Bill's envelope is burried in my stack of mail.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/23/05 06:24 AM

Thanks for the nice packet of cards Stephanie. smile I'll be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks and hope to see the same lighthouses.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 02/24/05 02:48 PM

I've been out-of-town for the last 5 days. But Bills card was waiting for me when I returned last night. Thanks Bill, your lighthouse map should be of help to me should I ever get up that way. And I do hope to someday!

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 03/09/05 08:53 PM

All my cards went in the mail today. Everyone gets the same packet.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 03/11/05 01:21 PM

This PCE was mailed yesterday.
Charles

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 03/14/05 11:55 PM

Lorie & Charles' arrived Saturday, thanks.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 03/17/05 05:19 AM

I received Lorie's nice packet on Saturday and some cool postcards from Charles yesterday. Thanks to both of you.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 03/17/05 02:54 PM

Just got home from a 4 day bus run down to Orlando and two PCE's where waiting for me in the mail box.

Thank you to Charles and Lorie Roe!
All are new cards to my collection. smile

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 03/22/05 12:14 AM

Charles packet came in while I was out of town. I was in the same place last year but these are new cards. Thanks. smile

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 03/27/05 01:54 AM

I know that I'm jumping the gun here, but when will the next PCE begain????

My husband has been out on a Shut Down job and just returned. He brought me home some Lighthouse Postcards for our next exchamge. He has had to deal with me on our Lighthouse trips and he knows that I always buy 30 cards of each lighthouse we see. So when he saw these cards he bought me 30 each of two different cards.

So I'm READY!!! smile smile smile smile smile

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 04/18/05 01:26 AM

Someone Please Help!!! My mailbox is haveing postcard withdrawals!!!

Nothing less than some input will help! :rolleyes:

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 04/18/05 01:44 PM

In mail today Steph!
Bob

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 04/21/05 01:07 PM

Bob's packet arrived in yesterdays mail. Thanks Bob
Charles

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 05/17/05 04:48 AM

Hello,

I mailed my postcards today. Everyone gets the same card. There's some variety in the extras.

My next trip is Alaska! Hope I can find some cards for the next exchange.

Tammy
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 05/18/05 05:09 AM

Put our cards in the mail today. We've received a lot of nice cards for our collection. Thanks!

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 05/19/05 03:47 PM

Got Tammy's card yesterday - a very cool card indeed! And some very special extras included - thanks!

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 05/19/05 07:03 PM

I received Tammy's envelope today. Thanks for the extra pictures. I can see why Lighthouse Digest picked your photo for the cover. It is terrific. laugh

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 05/20/05 08:37 PM

Received packets today from Tammy & the Abbotts. Thanks to both for super efforts.

Charles

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 05/21/05 12:12 AM

Geez, hit the jackpot today with just one envelope - Tom & Joyce have really treated us this time! Thanks for your great package!

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 05/21/05 04:13 PM

It was a bonus day at the mailbox yesterday from Tom & Joyce...I received a very nice packet of cards and information in the envelope as well as their out of envelope card. Thanks for everything.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 05/29/05 06:43 PM

My postcards are ready and will be going out in the mail as soon as the post office is open. Due to the Memorial Day holiday, that will be Tuesday.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/02/05 01:22 AM

Sorry so late but I just picked up some fresh cards last weekend. I will try to get them mailed this week.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/04/05 02:43 PM

Suzanne
Thanks, both of your PCE's arrived in yesterdays mail
Charles

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/05/05 06:37 PM

Thanks Suzanne for another new card. I haven't seen this lighthouse in person. Thanks for the information enclosed with the card.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/05/05 11:10 PM

If you are going to the reunion, you should plan to visit Seul Choix lighthouse.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/09/05 02:54 AM

Cards went into the mail today. Everyone gets the same card.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/10/05 07:02 AM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!
Would everyone please put your name at least somewhere on the envelope or on your added inserts.

Today when I picked up my mail there was a nice card and inserts for this exchange. The PCE 24 was marked on the envelope where the return address should be, but nothing else. No name inside either.

Not that it is a bad thing, but I had to sign on to the computer, get on-line, and come to the Forums, just to see who lives in Madison, WI (that was where it was post marked from) to see who sent this card to me. Now I see that it was Suzanne.

Thank you Suzanne! It is a lovely card and new to my collection. I like the additions too! As this is one of the lights that I hope to see when I come up for the Reunion. The inserts will help me to find it and give me a little insite as to what I will see when I get there smile

Now I don't mean to pick on Suzanne. For this is not anything new. I have gotten many exchange cards in the past where the sender did not enclude there name on the envelope or inserts or on the card in the out-of-envelope exchanges. So I am asking everyone to PLEASE include your name so that we all will know who sent us this wonderful card!

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/10/05 11:53 PM

Nice card Dave. Then why didn't the spell it Sabel????? laugh

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/14/05 02:00 PM

Dave
Got your packet yesterday. Thanks for card & info
Charles

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/14/05 03:09 PM

I had a return address label on the envelope. It must have fallen off.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/24/05 05:01 AM

I think Digger forgot to mention that he mailed his cards....... another great new addition to the collection.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 06/28/05 12:13 PM

Steve's bonus packet arrived yesterday. Thanks Steve
Charles
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 08/03/05 05:07 PM

My contribution to this exchange went in the mail over the weekend. Hope you all enjoy. Thanks for all the great cards and surprises.

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 08/04/05 12:41 PM

Yours arrived here yesterday. Thanks Judy for all the goodies
Charles

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 08/04/05 08:41 PM

Great stuff as always Judy, Thanks. cool
see you soon,
Bob

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 09/28/05 01:43 AM

An envelope arrived today from Roy & Carolyn McBee, with not one, but 4 cards. smile

Thank You!
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: PCE 24 - IN ENVELOPE - sign up - 10/02/05 06:10 AM

I hope the cards we sent for this exchange were not duplicates for anyone. A friend of ours picked up those cards for us on her trip to North Carolina for a dog show. We had a limited amount of each of them so the small postcard exchange was a perfect chance to share. I intended to mail the cards while we were at the reunion but the cards ended up in one of the suitcases we left in the car at Sheplers. We have enjoyed all the postcards from everyone. It really makes the trip to the mailbox something to look forward to.
smile
© 2024 Collector Forums