LighthouseKeepers.com

PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2

Posted By: Dave H

PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/15/05 03:06 PM

Continued from Part 1
Posted By: rscroope

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/15/05 03:37 PM

Suzanne and Ed. I got your returned today, and resent.
Bob
Posted By: HYPERADIAL

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/18/05 06:59 PM

OOPS, I added this as a new topic so am putting it here too.

Still new at this.

I'm still not back home yet so must wait till mid October to see just what cards are in my box.

The card I sent is of course from the far west and I hope to get to the Portland East before returning.

The Portland Head cards are probably too common so won't get any there. But I'll look for some more unusual cards along the way.

Hyper BOB

I deleted the other posting - Dave
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/19/05 06:37 AM

My postcards will be going out in the mail on Monday. Everyone gets the same card.

The envelopes to Germany and England won't be going out yet, I bought airmail postcard stamps for the other exchange, but forgot to get airmail stamps for the in envelope exchange. I hope to stop at the post office this week and get those stamps.
Posted By: Lightshipfan

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/19/05 09:19 AM

I received the letter of Bob S. last week - thank you very much for this wonderful postcard. It is the perfect combination - a little bit old fashioned and also modern - thanks a lot Bob, I like this card very much.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/21/05 04:58 AM

Man oh Man, was my mail package full this week! smile
Lots of Lighthouse Postcards!!! cool

Received cards This week from; Stan & Margret (very informative write-up encluded), Bob Scroope, and Steve.

Last week received cards from Bill Edwards, Iris and Bob Knight.

Thank You all!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/22/05 07:13 AM

Received Suzanne's very nice card and letter today. One of my more favored lighthouses. Lots of good stuff again this round!
Posted By: mombo

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/23/05 03:03 AM

Thanks to Bob S. who's card arrived some time ago and to Suzanne who's arrived today. Nice photos Suzanne! Both great additions! smile
Posted By: charles72

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/23/05 01:54 PM

Suzanne's arrived here yesterday. Very nice jumbo card & photo essay. Thanks
Charles
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/27/05 11:12 AM

Suzanne's Letter with the great card of Whitefish Point arrived safely today!
Thank you Suzanne!!!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/28/05 07:34 PM

Thank you to Suzanne who´s card arrived in Germany today - beautiful card and wonderful photos - thank you Suzanne.
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/29/05 05:27 AM

I mailed those to Europe on Saturday. You get mail from me faster than the East Coast does!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 09/29/05 06:06 AM

Must have been a favorable jet stream, Suzanne.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/12/05 06:35 PM

Nobody seems to have posted about receiving Joanie's card. Mine came in late last week while I was up in Alpena. Very cool image on the card.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/15/05 07:29 PM

we too hope our cards have all arrived by now... smile
Posted By: HYPERADIAL

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/16/05 03:41 AM

I see many have recieved lots of cards.

I just got back and find but 8 cards out of the 19 on the list.

I'm not counting the Youngers since I didn't expect anything from them.

Of course as usual, my european buds were most diligent.

How did others do?? confused

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/17/05 02:55 PM

I got 11 cards and 6 envelopes.
Sounds like a real hord ... and to think there are more to come ...
I agree with Iris! This is fun! We enjoyed EVERY card we received. And we hope ours - despite the home made aspect - are also a bit of fun.
smile Margret
Posted By: MelJB

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/17/05 06:16 PM

I'm afraid I am one of the guilty parties that has not sent my cards out as yet. I am currently battling Trojan.Vundro on my pc mad (posting this at work, which I believe was infected via my daugher's participation in "MySpaces.com" and my lack of being fastidious about keeping my anti-virus updated. frown

I was able to run the Norton Vundro fix, but I still get a popup Norton window that the run was unable to fix Windows/system32/vtsts.dll.
Meanwhile the pc is just barely running. I've been researching some different sites that offer sugguestion, but very well may have to just call in the "Geek Squad".
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/17/05 06:43 PM

Melody,
Sorry to hear you have a virus. No need to apologize. This PCE isn't over until November 15th.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/18/05 02:37 AM

Well I've been remiss about thanking Joanie for her offering for this exchange which arrived some time ago. Sorry, the cards were very nice and I do appreciate them. smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/25/05 03:14 PM

Lorie, your post-card-letter arrived today! Wow! Thank you so much! Great additions to our collection! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/26/05 03:04 PM

JoanieO ... your letter arrived today ... Thank you very much... The picture of the Bi-Valve lens is something ...
smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/27/05 05:14 AM

Lorie, thank you for your letter, which came today. I like it very much and hope that you will do much more lighthouse-trips.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 10/27/05 05:17 AM

JoanieO, I had your letter in my mailbox this morning - thank you very much. I love this postcards, which also show the Fresnel lens of the lighthouse.
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/05/05 02:37 PM

As the deadline is fast approaching...I finally have all my letter packets finished and they were sent out yesterday. Everyone will get the same except Stan & Margret and Iris since I already sent theirs.
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/07/05 12:11 AM

I'm preparing my packets today. Everyone gets the same card. There is some variation in one of the extras. I'm hoping Randy will take these to the postoffice for me tomorrow. If there's a delay, I'll let you know.

Tammy

p.s. Thanks to everyone who has already sent their cards!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/07/05 12:30 AM

OK. After I got all the letters printed and the packets put together, I realized that I forgot to change the PCE # from 24 to 26 on my letter. My apologies...

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/08/05 06:06 AM

Lorie's contribution arrived today. Might get folks to thinking she is feeling guilty about all her travels this year.....

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/09/05 07:46 PM

Have received Lorie's very generous contribution to this exchange! Thanks so much! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/10/05 02:02 PM

lorie's super-sized packet arrived here safely. Thanks Lorie

Charles

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/10/05 11:04 PM

Tammy's arrived today, another super job, thanks! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/10/05 11:32 PM

How did Sue get Tammy's card before I did? Must have been one the mail delivery technician decided they liked......

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/11/05 02:23 AM

Dave your mailman knows how much you complain about the USPS so he held yours back.....
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/11/05 02:31 AM

Maybe I shouldn't post this here, but would someone tell me how this works? I would love to join next time. You guys seem to have so much fun!
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/11/05 08:45 AM

Okay, I went back to Part 1 to find how it works. I hope I can join next time.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/11/05 06:23 PM

Today we received the letter from Tammy Wolfe. Brilliant! I love the photograph! Thank you very much!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/11/05 07:01 PM

Tammy, I received your letter today - thank you very much. I like the postcard very much, but if I had read your letter, I felt like I had been there too. Lovely story, it must be a real wonderful place...
Posted By: JoanieO

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/11/05 09:26 PM

I have been very remiss about thanking all of you for your lovely postcards, letters and other information about the Lighthouses that you included is this PCE #26. I am overjoyed with all the goodies I have received. I want to thank Bill E, Lorie R, Stan & Margret B, Bob S.,
Steve E, Suzanne M, Tammy W, Iris K, Bob K. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
This is the mail I have received as of Nov. 10th.

Thanks again, y'all.
JoanieO

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/12/05 02:18 PM

Thanks Tammy. Your splendid packet was received here.

Charles

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/13/05 05:02 PM

Lorie, thanks so much for your contribution. Wow! Was it hard to find those postcards?

Grace, I hope you sign up. Are you considering signing up for the next postcard round robin, too? It would be nice to have another new participant.

Stan & Margaret & Lightship Fan...I'm surprised that my postcard got overseas in less than a week.

Tammy

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/13/05 09:42 PM

Ditto to you Tammy. smile Thanks for the very nice package you sent.

I'm always on the hunt for new postcards when I'm on vacation. Sometimes they are hard to find even though I have everyone with me on the lookout to locate lighthouse postcards.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/15/05 02:56 AM

Finally sent out my cards today. Sorry no fancy enclosures. frown

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/15/05 05:18 AM

Our cards went in the mail today. As in the other exchange, we apologize to all for not acknowledging receipt of all the new cards we’ve received so far. So thank you Iris K., Stan & Margret, Joan O., Lorie R., Bob S., Bill E., Bob K., and Steve E.
We promise to do better in the next exchange.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/15/05 07:31 AM

Hyper-Bob, your letter came today - thank you very much for that "working light". Interesting to see a lighthouse at night. Hope everything is fine with you after "Wilma" has left?

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/15/05 01:40 PM

Received from Bob Knight in yesterdays mail. Thanks Bob

Charles

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/16/05 05:13 AM

My cards went into the mail this afternoon. Everyone gets the same card.

Still waiting for Tammy's card. Pretty bad when they made it to Europe before here.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/16/05 08:47 PM

Mailed out most of this PCE this morning. Mostly all different.
Also received Sue's card. We must be on the same wavelength Sue. A couple of folks are going to experience some deja-vu. Thanks Sue.

Charles

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/17/05 05:50 AM

Received a note from Stephanie (Shortcake) this evening. She wanted everyone to know that she will get cards into the mail as soon as she can get a few spare minutes. Said she is working 84 hours a week as they try to get their construction project finished up!

The way I look at it, this will just provide a card to enjoy during the "lull" between exchanges.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/17/05 12:32 PM

Received Sue's letter today. Thank you mombo for the cards and the very informative letter!!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/17/05 03:02 PM

Tom and Joyce's packet came in the mail yesterday. Thanks for the great memories from the HL reunion. smile

It's amazing that Sue's envelope makes it faster to Europe than across the USA! Still waiting for it in Utah. frown

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/17/05 07:40 PM

Good mail day today! Tammy's great card and enclosures (postmarked 11/7) finally showed up. Also received envelopes from Mombo and Tom & Joyce, both more great additions. Thanks all.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/18/05 02:06 AM

Wow! I got three packets today! Sue, Tom & Joyce & Dave. Love them all. Thanks much!

Dave, I enjoyed hearing that you did some aerial lighthousing. Did you post any of your photos on this site? I don't recall seeing them. I would love to see more of your photos.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/18/05 03:12 AM

Tammy, the cards I used for PCE 26 & 27 were both my own shots. The thumbnail pics on the bonus card were mostly ones we used on our special edition post cards for the Reunion.

When I have a little bit I'll try to put something together. Also did some aerial shooting at Alpena this year.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/18/05 07:04 AM

I received Mombos letter yesterday. Thank you very much for the great additions too.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/18/05 12:52 PM

Dave H, your letter came today! Great information and love the post cards! Thank you very much!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/19/05 03:35 AM

Thanks to Tom & Joyce, Dave and Charles for more great stuff! smile

Incidently I noticed that both Tom & Joyce's PCE 26 and 27 came with that horizontal postmark, instead of the circle one that we've known for so long. Is this the postmark of the future?

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/19/05 02:51 PM

Received from Dave H. & the Abbotts. Thanks to all.
So many of the folks in this group have a great flair for photography. Great stuff!

Charles

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/19/05 03:56 PM

Tom and Joyce, your letter arrived this morning! Thank you so much for all the photographs and post cards! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/19/05 08:31 PM

figure that one out - Tom & Joyce mailed their card the day before I did, and from a very large city. It gets there the day after mine?

Received Charles' card today.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/20/05 05:44 PM

I received Charles' card yesterday. Thank you Charles.

Tammy

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/21/05 08:06 PM

Bob, Hyperadial , got your letter today! Thank you very much! Always nice to see the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse!!!
Posted By: JoanieO

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/22/05 09:43 PM

Hello everyone,

Received four more postcard/envelope mailings this week.
Thanks to each of you for the cards and letters and additonal info about the LH's.
Thanks to Charles Bernth, Tom & Joyce Abbott,
Dave Hannum, and Sue LeFever.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

JoanieO

Received 14 replies so far.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/24/05 07:32 AM

I received two more letters this week - thanks to Dave and Mombo - I like your cards.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/27/05 10:12 PM

Many thanks to Bob K. for the neat cards but I am confused. I thought I'd already received a card from him much earlier, the Gray's Harbor Lantern room???
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/28/05 06:23 PM

I know that I am very late frown with my cards for this exchange. I hope to have them out by early next week. Thanks for your patience.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/29/05 06:09 AM

Also guilty. frown I am working on them and hope to have in the mail no later than Thursday.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 11/30/05 06:10 PM

PCE#26 mailing was taken to the Franktown Post Office this morning. smile Iris and Margaret, the PO said 4 - 6 days to Germany and UK.
Posted By: Kaiz

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/01/05 11:32 PM

I'm sorry that I haven't gotten my cards out yet... hopefully by next week. We've had some family illness and time was spent at the hospital.

Thanks for understanding.

Patty

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/04/05 01:59 AM

Melody, your envelope arrived here today, very nice, thanks! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/06/05 01:57 PM

Melody's bonus pack arrived here yesterday. Thanks Melody

Charles

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/07/05 07:13 AM

I have received Molody´s card yesterday - thank you very much!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/07/05 03:03 PM

Melody's great letter arrived here today! Thank you Melody for your trouble! Very interesting!!! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/09/05 04:46 AM

Melody, thanks for the postcards! I photographed the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse from the air in October. I didn't have a chance to pick up any postcards. So, it was great to get this card.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/10/05 06:39 AM

Received a bonus packet from Bob (Hyperdial) today. Thanks so much for sending even though I was so late with my mailing, was very kind of you.

I hope to see Jupiter as my next "add-on" the next time I have to travel to Jacksonville on business.

To everyone,

Thanks so much for the postcards, I did not have any cards of the lights ya'll sent! It's not easy obtaining lighthouse cards in Colorado, quite next to impossible! LOL. laugh

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/13/05 12:57 AM

Received Stephanie's major package today! Very impressive and will be a good resource for us to have.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/13/05 02:25 AM

Thanks Stephanie for your packet. I hope your work schedule gets back to normal. smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/13/05 03:52 AM

Stephanie's package arrived here today as well. What a nice one, lots to read up on the lighthouse, thanks! smile You guys sure have been working hard. Hope you can rest up a bit.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/13/05 01:05 PM

Stephanie's mega-packet arrived here yesterday. Thanks Stephanie

Charles

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/13/05 03:07 PM

Yes, we received Stephnies letter today!
WOW ... thank you very much!!!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/13/05 06:23 PM

Rec'd Shortcake's mega-package in yesterday's mail. Lots of great info, pictures, and the PC is one I did not have.

Thanks so much, and "Yes, the wait was worth it!"

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/15/05 07:18 PM

Received Stephanie´s package today - thanks Shortcake, it was worth waiting for that :-)
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/21/05 05:27 PM

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful cards and surprises from this exchange. I have finally finished mine for this exchange and mailed them all last evening. Enjoy!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/28/05 07:32 AM

Just awesome Judy! Thanks soooo much! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 12/28/05 01:22 PM

Judy, Thanks for a very interesting letter! Came today !
smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 01/04/06 11:06 PM

Thanks for your nice card and letter Judy. I've been out of town this past week and the envelope was waiting for me when I got back home.

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 01/05/06 03:34 AM

Judy & Stephanie, Thanks much to both of you for your wonderful contributions to this exchange.

Tammy

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 01/19/06 06:56 PM

I received a nice letter and card from Roy and Carolyn. Thanks. smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 01/19/06 08:06 PM

The McBees postcard and letter arrived yesterday. Thanks smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 01/19/06 08:10 PM

We got our "McBee" card today! Thank you very much.
Glad to see there are others who thing of the statue as a lighthouse!

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 01/22/06 05:09 AM

Rec'd card from Roy and Carolyn this week. Thanks, another great card to add to my collection. smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 02/19/06 03:03 AM

Patty's envelope arrived today, thanks. That's one great photo by Mike! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 02/22/06 04:20 PM

Patty your card and letter arrived in the mail yesterday. Thanks for the neat card especially since Mike was the photographer! smile

Re: PCE 26 - IN ENVELOPE - Part 2 - 02/22/06 09:45 PM

yes our card arrived too Patty! THank you very much! Agree with the "previous posts" ... Love the picture!
© 2024 Collector Forums