LighthouseKeepers.com

Christmas Card Exchange Part 3

Posted By: Dave H

Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/08/05 06:23 AM

Continued from Part 2
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/08/05 01:18 PM

Jerry & Ruthie, your card arrived this morning. Those photo cards are a brilliant idea! Thank you so much! smile
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/08/05 11:41 PM

I got Jen's card today. What a picture laugh How frozen did you get taking this.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/09/05 12:36 AM

I received three more! Beautiful pictures, Bert and Ruthie. Mel, you are right, the message is really neat and so appropriate. I'll have to remember that one.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/09/05 12:47 AM

Forgot to mention that mine went out today - including some for a couple of Scrooges!
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/09/05 03:30 AM

Today I got 4 more great cards... Cards arrived from Melody, Bert & Sharon, Tom & Joyce, & Ruthie.

Thanks much!
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/09/05 07:12 AM

Got mine from John the other day, and today I got Bert & Sharon's, Tom & Joyce, and Mel. All pretty! Definitely enjoying the mail! Glad everyone liked mine. Fran, it wasn't too bad the day I took that shot of Grand Haven - about 43 degrees; it was just the wind that got right through to the bone! I had a steaming cup of hot chocolate in a plug-in mug waiting for me in the car when I was all done. laugh
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/09/05 03:18 PM

I received Tammy's beautiful card yesterday.

I have received many wonderful cards so far. They have been so nice that I have been taking them to work and displaying them there.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/09/05 04:10 PM

Yesterdays mail brought cards from Melody, The Selwa's and Barry (Grover) Thanks all.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/09/05 10:24 PM

Received beautiful cards from Barry and Tammy today.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/10/05 03:19 AM

I received Barry's card today. Thanks for the nice card.

Tammy
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/10/05 06:23 AM

What a great week...have received cards from:

John - beautiful picture, I love the dark clouds rolling in.

Jen - as always an excellent picture, the lighting is so interesting in this one.

Barry - what a sweet story on the back of the card. I liked the "old fashion" look of your card.

Bert & Sharon - also a beautiful picture, I would love to be able to go see this light.

Tom & Joyce - thanks for the bonus pictures inside, since I haven't participated in very many exchanges I can't settle the debate on whether you've sent them out before, lol. I'm just glad you sent them, because I don't have any pictures of these lights, so Thanks!

Tammy - I'm so glad you choose the picture for your card. I had admired the pictures you had posted, and Split Rock is one of my most favorite lights.

Thanks to everyone! laugh

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/10/05 01:22 PM

Barry (Grover) you card arrived today! Thank you!
Had not heard of this artist, but enjoyed the card a lot!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/10/05 02:50 PM

I got cards from Tammy, Ruth and Iris. Great cards and photos. I love them all. smile

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/10/05 10:11 PM

I just got home from work and got Judy's card. That is a nice card. Tammy your picture is on page 4 of lighthouse Digest. I love that picture. Thanks for puting it on the card.
Posted By: Grover

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/11/05 05:32 AM

Too many names to mention at this late hour, but the cards have been arriving daily ... thank you all so much for letting me participate ...

Barry

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/11/05 05:48 AM

One of my photos is on page 4??

I sent out 4 different cards.
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/11/05 06:11 AM

Split Rock (with snow) from the air is on page 4 of Lighthouse Digest.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/11/05 06:50 AM

It sure is, Tammy. Thanks for the neat card, Judy; it came today.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/12/05 12:20 PM

Two cards today ...

Thank you Randy and Tammy for an incredibly beautiful card! Boy, I wish you could get lovely cards like this here!

Tom and Joyce, you card with the lovely pictures also arrived. Thank you very much! And please don't appologize for the "Bolivar" picture - we love it! We have not had it yet, but even if we had ... we'd love it again! And "brrrr" is the right word for South Haven Light in winter... but doesn't it look beautifull?
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/13/05 02:42 AM

Three cards today - Judy, Tammy and Iris. Great cards all around. Thank you all.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/13/05 03:09 PM

Carol's lovely card arrived this morning! THank you very much!
This was such a great idea!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/13/05 06:26 PM

Over the weekend and yesterday received cards from Judy, Ruthie, and Carol.

Another very lovely assortment of Christmas Lighthouse greetings. Thank you, Ladies smile
Posted By: Lightshipfan

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/13/05 08:29 PM

I cannot believe, that this game is limited to 25 people - it is so much fun. I have never seen such different and beautiful Christmas cards. Over the weekend I received cards from Melody, Grover, Tom and Joyce, Carol Z and Tammy. Thanks to all of you - it is incredible to get all these wonderful cards.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/14/05 01:56 AM

Today I got Grace's card Nice picture. smile
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/14/05 04:54 AM

Thank you to all who have sent out their cards so far. They are lovely and displayed on the back of our front door for all to enjoy. Just want you to know that I put my cards in the mail today. Something other than a "lighthouse" this year but still a local favorite here in the Seattle area. Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday.
Darlene

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/14/05 04:56 AM

No new cards today. But I haven't thanked Judy, Iris, and Grace for your cards. Thanks much!

I think I've received 14 cards so far, and I've enjoyed opening everyone of them!
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/14/05 05:14 AM

I haven't checked in in over a week, but I've recieved TONS AND TONS of great cards. I have to catalog them and write individual comments on each, but I want to "redeem myself" and thank everyone who I've gotten them from now.

I'll be getting mine out...soon. Maybe tommorrow I'll make them, and Thursday they'll go out. I'll ask my dad to buy stamps tomorrow if he's out that way. I'm looking forward to it! smile

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/14/05 03:42 PM

Greg, the last posting date from USA to Europe is today... 14th Dec. But we will love the cards after Christmas too! wink

Got two cards today...

Thank you Judy for a lovely card! It is wonderful how many differnet beautiful cards there are!

And Iris, your card also came today! What a lovely picture!

Thank you both!!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/14/05 09:14 PM

Judy, your card came today. It shows how I like Christmas - thank you very much and also thank you for the beautiful lighthouse stamps.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/14/05 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LighthouseDuo:
But we will love the cards after Christmas too! wink
That's good...becuase it's now looking like that's when you'll be getting it. wink

But...it'll be...a....BOXING DAY CARD! laugh

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/15/05 07:20 PM

Grace, your card came today - thank you very much, I like this style of cards very much. And special thanks for the extra photo :-)

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/15/05 09:49 PM

I'm running late but I wanted to thank Iris for a really beautiful card; it arrived Tuesday. Thank you, Iris!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/15/05 11:54 PM

Thank you Carol I got your card today. Its realy a great card. smile

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/16/05 12:03 AM

Got Carol's card today...really pretty! Great card... smile

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/16/05 01:23 PM

Two cards in this morning's mail!
Thank you to Terry and Melody! Beautiful card!
And Thank you also to Grace! I love the matching card and photograph!
We are hanging these cards on our living room door. And we enjoy all the lighthouse cards very much!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/16/05 08:07 PM

Got Suzannes card today and love the "candy lighthouse" - thanks Suzanne.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/17/05 03:12 AM

Suzanne's beautiful card arrived today. Thanks, Suzanne!

Yesterday my December copy of Lighthouse Digest finally arrived. The photo on page 4 is a cropped version from the photo published on the cover of the March issue. I was surprised they re-used a photo they had already published. I had sent in 3 aerial photos of Split Rock last December, and I thought they might be using the one that they hadn't published yet.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/17/05 03:24 AM

I got Al & Darlene's card today Nice card and picture I love that Lighthouse.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/18/05 04:08 PM

Yesterday Carol and Darlene's cool cards arrived. Thanks to both of you. That makes 17 total cards. I think I'll only get two more this week...
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/18/05 06:47 PM

I have gotten cards from all the above mentioned in the last few posts - thanks to everyone! It's been great getting all the lighthouse cards among all my other family ones.
Posted By: Grover

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/18/05 07:54 PM

Let me echo Jen ...

I had time to sit down this morning and really look at the cards I received over the past two weeks and I just want to thank each of you ...

What a spectacular diversity of beauty, creativity and originality ... and an international flavor as well. This is the second year I've participated in the exchange... three is just around the corner.

Merry Christmas to you all ...

Barry

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/19/05 08:23 AM

Darlene's neat card - a very different one - arrived Friday and Carol's beautiful card and sentiments came on Saturday. Three more to go!

I have to echo everyone else's sentiments. This has been tremendous fun; it would be even better if more members participated. I feel like a young child when each card arrives; each envelope holds another little surprise - whether it's the drawing of a lighthouse in someone's imagination or a photograph or painting of a lighthouse which actually exists somewhere - or a lovely sentiment expressed by the sender or printed in the card, each reveals a little bit about the sender and brings warmth this holiday season.

My thanks to whoever started this wonderful endeavor and to Jen for coordinating it this year. And thanks to all the lighthouse enthusiasts who participated and made this an even better holiday! (It's been hard not making very specific comments about each card since we did not want to give anything away for those who hadn't received theirs.)

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/19/05 09:23 PM

JoanieO, your card arrived today. We really enjoyed that. It is so nice to put a face to names. So thanks for putting your picture on the card! smile

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/19/05 10:24 PM

Over the weekend the postman brought cards from Iris, Darlene, Grace, Joanne, and Suzanne. Many thanks, all were just beautiful!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/19/05 11:37 PM

Darlenes card came this morning - thank you very much Darlene - this is a very special card for me - thank you for thinking of my special interest.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/20/05 12:18 AM

The last frown two wonderful cards came today; I say that because Greg said his won't arrive until much later - maybe for the New Year, Greg? It's sad - like opening the last gift. (We need a sad face; a frown doesn't really work - maybe with a little teardrop? John, Dave, possible?) Anyway, thanks to Suzanne and JoanieO for the great cards!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/20/05 03:19 AM

I'm working on getting mine together. Sorry they've taken so long - school and the holidays kind of tangled me up. They do look great, though!

We are not a family of timely Christmas card sending. wink

Seriously...I'm going to try to get them all printed, signed, enveloped, and addressed tonight. I'll send my dad to the PO tomorrow to mail them out. So maybe...just maybe...they'll make it!

Sorry again... frown

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/20/05 03:20 AM

BTW....Joanie - got yours today. Looks very nice...and kind of gave me an inspiration...

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/20/05 03:39 AM

Also also also...is the address for the Youngers still good in El Cajon? From what it looks like, with the sale of HL, all operations are moving to Maine. Will my card still get there in time?
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/20/05 04:30 AM

yes

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/20/05 01:40 PM

Suzanne's card arrived this morning. What a beautiful picture. Thank You !!!
All these lovely additions to my LH-Xmas card collection are brilliant! smile

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/20/05 08:31 PM

Got Joan's card today thank you love the pictures.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/21/05 04:19 AM

Joan, I love the photos on your card, too! Thanks much.

Tammy

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/21/05 03:31 PM

Another card with a "people picture" this morning! Thank you Darlene and Al for introducing yourselves! smile

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/23/05 01:23 AM

Today I got Suzanne's card very nice and the Youngers card which I also liked.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/23/05 05:06 PM

Today we received the Younger's card! Beautiful painting! Thank you!!!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/25/05 01:28 PM

JoanieO, perfect timing - your card arrived yesterday - which is exactly Christmas day here in Germany - thank you very much!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/26/05 05:14 AM

I've got mine printed and with me here in NC. I just have to find 1/4 page envelopes (forgot I made small ones this year) and get them posted to everyone. Sorry they're late...they'll be New Years cards! (Which often happens in our family....we've been sending them out in January.)

Sorry again...please don't shun me. eek

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/26/05 06:30 AM

Far be it from me to shun you, Greg. I, too, am very bad about sending Christmas cards off on time. In fact, at one time, I told my friends I would not send Christmas cards but New Year's greetings instead. This year, I sent out the lighthouse cards, but put off the rest of them. Those always require personal notes so I leave them until the end. They usually arrive for the New Year. I'm anxious to see yours.
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/27/05 10:26 PM

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU, TO ALL OF YOU WHO SENT CARDS, THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST CARD EXCHANGE YET. HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR WE WILL HAVE EVEN MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED. Greg, I'm looking forward to getting your card. (Hopefully before next year.) :rolleyes: wink laugh :p

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 12/28/05 01:23 PM

Judy, your Christmas Card is lovely! Thank you!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/01/06 07:46 PM

Judy, what a wonderful christmas card - thank you very much.
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/03/06 10:10 PM

I'm glad you liked the Christmas card but I was not in the Christmas exchange. It was just a bonus for my lateness in PCE#26. Happy New Year.
Judy

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/04/06 12:43 AM

That does not make the card any less lovely Judy! Maybe next time for the Christmas Card exchange? smile
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/04/06 01:43 AM

Thanks, I glad you enjoyed it. Maybe next year I'll be caught up and be part of the Christmas exchange.

This wasn't even the photo I was planning for my cards this year. We were in Michigan City for the Christmas lighting and there was snow on the ground but not at the lighthouse. We drove north to St. Joe and South Haven hoping for ice or snow on the pier but nothing there. So I just used the surrounding sand dunes to add the snow to the pictures.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/04/06 03:26 AM

Oh Judy, you cheated! laugh

(Start now and you can be ready for the Xmas card exchange next year! wink )

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/06/06 12:58 AM

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

My cards went out in the mail today! laugh laugh laugh

They should start appearing in postboxes across the country and the world soon...maybe even tommorow for other New Jerseyites.

Margret/Iris - yours should be there in a week or two. I sent them whatever the 80-cent rate was...not sure how fast it goes, that's just what the PO person did.

Ye all can rejoice, even a week and a half after Christmas! laugh

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/06/06 01:16 AM

Looking forward to it, Greg. I thought maybe the USPS had failed to deliver mine.

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/08/06 03:22 PM

I just got my last card from Greg yesterday. You just made it before the price of stamps went up. laugh

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/09/06 02:11 AM

Greg,

Your card arrived in Franktown's Saturday post. Must have been the Pony Express instead of the usual Mule train laugh

Thanks!!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/10/06 06:42 AM

Greg, your card arrived today - very nicely done! Thanks!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/10/06 01:39 PM

Greg, it is here! Wow posted on the 5th and here on the 10th ....not bad!
Nice card! Thank you!

Re: Christmas Card Exchange Part 3 - 01/10/06 09:37 PM

Greg, your letter was in my mailbox this morning - thank you very much.
© 2024 Collector Forums