LighthouseKeepers.com

Christmas cards

Posted By: beachcomber

Christmas cards - 11/13/07 10:40 PM

I'm not sure if this is where we normally post the Christmas card exchange. I've sent an email to Jen to ask if she will be leading us again this year. I can't wait to do this again! It is so great to get cards from the forums members! laugh
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 12:40 AM

Beachcomber,
I also always enjoy this exchange. It's amazing how many different lighthouse cards can be found or made.
If Jen can't coordinate this exchange, I'll be happy to do it.

Judy
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 03:32 AM

Grace and Judy...let's get it rolling and let Judy coordinate it. I don't think Jen would mind since she doesn't get as much time here as she use to...so count me in. Don't we usually limit it to 25?

I'll be #3
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 03:53 AM

No. 4!
Posted By: Bill38429

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 04:28 AM

Sorry for the question, but I'm a newbie here. Could someone please explain what the Christmas Card exchange is? Is it pretty much what it sounds like?

Either way, the past few months I've been on the Collectors Forum has been great. Everyone has been so nice and cordial. I thank you all.

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 06:10 AM

Hi, Bill! Yes, it's pretty straightforward. Everybody signs up and the coordinator compiles the list and sends it via email to everyone on it. The only condition is that it must be a lighthouse card; it can be a real one or a fantasy one. Many of us make up our own cards using photos of lights we have photographed. Last year, we decided to extend the number to 30, so let's try to do that. It's up to the members to sign up - the more the merrier! laugh

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 06:17 AM

BTW, we always include Bill and Nancy Younger and former Bodie Lighthouse Keeper, John Gaskill. Judy C., is the following address still correct: Mr. John Gaskill, AFRH #1059, 3700 N. Capitol St. NW, Washington, DC 20011? Last year, we began including Don Devine and the staff at HL. Seriously, those of you who have not participated in the past are missing a great opportunity. It is wonderful to get all those lighthouse cards, so please sign up! smile
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 06:19 AM

# 5
Posted By: Moby Dick

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 06:57 AM

ladybug and I are in again this year
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 04:58 PM

Mark me down for #7.

I love seeing and collecting all the Lighthouse Christmas Cards. This is truly a great exchange every year!
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 05:00 PM

Count me in! It is so much fun! vhappy
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 05:15 PM

Count me in again, too! It was so much fun!!!
Posted By: HCS

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 06:56 PM

Count me in too.
# 10 if I counted correctly.
It was great fun last year seeing all the different cards other forum members came up with.
HCS

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 07:56 PM

Hilari is #10. Bill did we convince you to participate? You would really like it. BTW, in a couple of other threads, it was suggested that we send cards to recovering soldiers at Walter Reed. Unfortunately, that is not possible. It is considered a security problem, according to snopes.com, as Wheland pointed out. All such mail will be discarded because it will be coming from unknown sources. Very sad that we can't even offer a little cheering up to those who need it for serving our country.

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 08:34 PM

Sure, it sounds like fun. We'll do it. You can count me and my wife, Renee, in (She's the artistic one. heehee). Do we post our address or do we email it to the person that is heading this up?

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 09:17 PM

I'm happy to coordinate this exchange. All addresses should be sent to me, or send me a private message and I'll add it to the master list.

I would like to have all the names and addresses by November 28th and send them to everyone that following weekend. I'll add Bill & Nancy Younger, John Gaskill, Don Devine and the Harbour Lights staff to the list
Judy
P.S. Bill is #11 and the next participant will be #12.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Christmas cards - 11/14/07 10:40 PM

Re: Christmas cards - 11/15/07 03:29 AM

Judy, if you don't mind, usually we get the list by Thanksgiving. Some folks like to do their cards that weekend. I guess we can wait and see how the signing up process goes. Since we don't have a lot of people posting lately, we need to get the word out to old participants. Believe me, it will get everyone in the mood for the holiday season. And when the cards start arriving, it is great fun! I have a wall in my foyer which is dedicated to CF cards. As visitors come in, they all oh and ah over all the beautiful lighthouse cards. laugh

(I've sent emails to eight of last year's participants.)
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Christmas cards - 11/15/07 03:48 PM

We'll take lucky number 13.
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Christmas cards - 11/15/07 04:50 PM

Count me in as #14. It was great fun last year and I loved all of the great Christmas cards.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Christmas cards - 11/15/07 07:33 PM

I'm in! #15, right?

My grandson looks forward to these almost as much as I do.

Judy

Re: Christmas cards - 11/15/07 09:47 PM

I'm glad to see lots of interest.

Grace, I'll get the list out by Thanksgiving if that's what you want. I just picked the following week since Thanksgiving is so early this year.

That means all of you that are still thinking about participating should sign up soon.

Re: Christmas cards - 11/16/07 02:16 AM

Yes, Thanksgiving is a week from today. I'm happy if we complete the list by the end of the following week, which would be close to what we did last year.

Judy

Re: Christmas cards - 11/16/07 04:43 AM

Yes, Judy R., that's why I added that we needed to wait until we see how the signup goes. We want to get a minimum of 25, but preferably more. I'm glad to see that a couple of people I emailed signed up - whether in response to the email or not. cool
Posted By: Bob Taylor

Re: Christmas cards - 11/17/07 05:08 PM

I am # 16 I believe

Bob Taylor

Re: Christmas cards - 11/17/07 07:30 PM

Yup, you are #16, Bob. We need some more folks to sign up. Where are all the usual suspects (Doc John for one)?
Posted By: JoAnn

Re: Christmas cards - 11/20/07 06:56 AM

Couny me in vhappy
Posted By: JoAnn

Re: Christmas cards - 11/20/07 06:59 AM

Whoops! Should be count me in frown

Re: Christmas cards - 11/21/07 04:41 AM

Hadn't checked in for a couple of days; I'm surprised at the slow response. Thought I'd bring it back up. If you haven't done this before, try it. It is great for getting you in the spirit if you aren't already excited about this wonderful season. smile
Posted By: Medicman

Re: Christmas cards - 11/21/07 09:00 AM

Add my name into the hat.

Re: Christmas cards - 11/21/07 05:05 PM

Medicman is #19. Is that all we are going to have for this exchange?

Re: Christmas cards - 11/25/07 04:07 AM

Actually, I think Medicman is #18. I'll email a couple of other folks. There are very few people posting, so that may be the reason for the few participants thus far.

Re: Christmas cards - 11/25/07 04:52 AM

I've emailed a few people; some have responded that they don't have time this year. Judy, maybe a couple of more days? I hate to go on with less than 25, but it looks like we will have to! frown
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Christmas cards - 11/25/07 11:00 PM

OK, put me down, too. I have a new address. Whoever is collecting addresses, email me and I'll send it to you.
Posted By: DocJ44

Re: Christmas cards - 11/26/07 01:06 AM

I was away last week and I just now read your email Grace. It doesn't look like I'm too late, so I'll sign up. Does this make me #20?
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: Christmas cards - 11/26/07 02:11 AM

#21 I wa in this year
RIP

Re: Christmas cards - 11/26/07 03:01 AM

YES!! Getting there. We just needed to give the signing up a little time since Thanksgiving fell so early this year.

Judy

Re: Christmas cards - 11/26/07 03:24 AM

It does look like more are back from the holdiays.

Please remember to send me your address along with your screen name and email where you would like the list sent.

Re: Christmas cards - 11/26/07 03:43 AM

Reminders to a few folks helped; I knew they would want to sign up but some - like me - had not been on the forums for a while. smile Unfortunately, several responded that they just can't do it this year. I'll contact a few more from the old lists. The longer the list, the more enjoyable it will be.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Christmas cards - 11/26/07 03:11 PM

I'm in - 22

Re: Christmas cards - 11/27/07 05:08 AM

Great, Bob! I've contacted some other folks, too. Everyone is busy at this time of the year and, like me, they don't always have a chance to check the forums. smile
Posted By: Lightshipfan

Re: Christmas cards - 11/28/07 10:24 PM

Dear all,

If it is not too late, count me in as no. 23 please. During summer times we are working as volunteers at two of the German lightships - this means not very much time to join the forums - but now the lightship are in their winter berth and I would love to be #23.

Kind regards
Lightshipfan

Re: Christmas cards - 11/29/07 04:59 AM

Iris, it's great that you are participating again this year. Hopefully, we can get a few more people inspired to join us. Maybe we can get some more of the regulars to join in this year. I challenge, you guys! Yes, I mean Rich, Paul, Dave, Daniel, Bobo, Bob M, Sandy, and the rest of you. applaud
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Christmas cards - 11/29/07 04:39 PM

This may be a stupid question, but how do you participate? What are the rules, or what do you have to do?

This is probably the only thread I haven't participated in, so I'm a little in the dark(a little??? wink ).

Re: Christmas cards - 11/29/07 04:56 PM

Hey, Loon, I should have explained when I emailed you. Each person who signs up will get the entire list of addresses from Sunshine. So, you buy holiday cards that have a picture of a lighthouse OR you make up your own cards with a picture you took of a lighthouse. Then, you send a card to each person on the list. The very best part is when you start receiving all the great cards from all the other CF members! vhappy We also send a card to the Youngers, HL, and John Gaskin former lightkeeper at Bodie I. Those addresses will be on the list, too. It is really a joy to participate - I hope you will! laugh

Re: Christmas cards - 11/29/07 05:41 PM

On what date will the address list be emiled out to all participants?

Re: Christmas cards - 11/29/07 08:51 PM

Just to clarify, John Gaskill is the son of the last keeper at Bodie Island, not the keeper. He is now in his 90's. Wonderful man...and always willing to sit awhile and tell you stories of his years at the lighthouse.

Judy

Re: Christmas cards - 11/29/07 09:02 PM

Thanks, Judy, I knew "keeper" just didn't sound right. I remember reading about his life in Lighthouse Families. If y'all haven't read it, it is a wonderful book with terrific stories told by the "kids" who grew up as keepers' children. cool

Re: Christmas cards - 11/30/07 10:40 PM

Bringing this thread back up - we don't want to lose our card exchange!! frown Hey, Loon, won't you be our #24? If you are in a quandry for cards, I know that Lighthouse Depot has at least two in stock. One looks like a fantasy light; the other is a really nice one of Wind Point. cool It would probably be cheaper to go to Walgreen's or some such place and make one up with one of your photographs - I've never tried that. Of course, you can always make your own on your computer. I'm going to have to go with store bought cards this year - again! shocked

Re: Christmas cards - 12/01/07 11:19 PM

Judy R., this keeps getting bumped off. I've emailed a lot of folks. Several signed up, but most said they just couldn't do it this year. I guess no one else is going to sign up. Could we get the list? Thanks! smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Christmas cards - 12/02/07 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by beachcomber:
Hey, Loon, won't you be our #24?
Sorry Grace, I can't particapate this year. Doesn't look like I'll have the time to do the leg work.

But I would like to next year, now that I'm aware of whats involved.

I hope all those involved have a lot of joy. Thanks for asking.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/02/07 04:25 AM

Thanks for responding AND I'm going to hold you to that! :p What about all the people I challenged to join us?! No? I guess pleading won't work? bow
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: Christmas cards - 12/03/07 07:12 PM

Judy,

We would like to join in if there is still time. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Carolyn

Re: Christmas cards - 12/03/07 07:51 PM

We have #24 with Carolyn and Roy! There's still time for #25 before Judy Sunshine gets the list out! Anyone? wink

Re: Christmas cards - 12/04/07 02:35 PM

Judy,

Just wanting to make sure...Did you receive my address?

Re: Christmas cards - 12/04/07 05:43 PM

I realize last night that I am still missing 5 addresses for the list.

5Lights, Lighthouser, Bob Taylor, Medicman, and Rip & Sharon please email your addresses to me. Pleae put Christmas Card Exchange in the subject line. Moby Dick I also need your email address.

As soon as I get these I'll email the list.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/05/07 01:33 AM

Thanks, Judy! Can't wait to start! smile

Re: Christmas cards - 12/05/07 03:12 AM

Judy R, I just sent you mine through the email here. Let me know if you don't get it. And thanks so much for handling the list this year.

Judy
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Christmas cards - 12/05/07 05:05 AM

Judy,

I just sent you an email for Moby Dick

Darlene

Re: Christmas cards - 12/05/07 05:33 PM

All addresses are here. I'll get the list finished and email it to everyone today. I'm looking forward to a nice variety of cards.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/05/07 10:10 PM

The list is in the mail. smile Let me know if you do not recieve it.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/05/07 11:38 PM

Thanks, Judy, there is an error in my address so I sent that to you. I also feel that, as in the past, we should send a card to Don Devine and his staff. smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Christmas cards - 12/06/07 12:01 AM

Judy discussed with me - there should be an address for Tony. Judy will send Tony a note to please share with Don and the staff. Best way to do this.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/06/07 12:24 AM

Dave beat me to the answer. Thanks Dave.

I've sent out a REVISED list with Grace's correct street name.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/06/07 01:03 AM

Well, I will add one for Don - I don't feel it's very appropriate to have someone else "share" with him. I would not want that to happen to me! Maybe Don doesn't care, but I don't feel it is proper. :p After all, he is the owner of HL and we always sent to the Youngers.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/06/07 04:58 AM

My cards will be in the morning mail. Marry Christmas to ALL!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/07/07 01:04 AM

Iris and Hilary - I need your email adresses to forward the list to you.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/07/07 06:03 PM

Judy,
I replied to your e-mail with my e-mail address.
I will re-send.
Please let me know if you do not receive it.
HCS

Re: Christmas cards - 12/09/07 05:07 PM

My cards went out yesterday. I just received Stephanie's. Thanks Steph.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/09/07 08:19 PM

I haven't been able to finish mine but I promise to get them out before Christmas. smile Greg says he's getting his out on time this year, too. Any bets? wink

Re: Christmas cards - 12/09/07 08:48 PM

Sunshine, I have not yet received the list - would you please e-mail it to me.

Thanks
Lightshipfan
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Christmas cards - 12/10/07 07:59 PM

Our cards go in the mail today. We received Stephanie's card Saturday.
Posted By: Medicman

Re: Christmas cards - 12/10/07 11:29 PM

I've already got 3 cards in the mail today and I haven't decided on which pic to use on my cards... confused
Well... you didn't want to get them all at once anyway did ya ? wink
I promise they will get in the mail by Christmas laugh

Re: Christmas cards - 12/11/07 12:26 AM

Please don't worry about it - some of us send them out later than others. I'm still working on mine, too. Enjoy the getting them ready part! I received two gorgeous ones from Bob Taylor and from Stephanie & Joe. And the annual lovely, catch up letter from the Youngers - always so good to hear from them! Just love this time of year!! vhappy
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Christmas cards - 12/11/07 09:45 PM

Sounds like you are all having a ball!

Sorry I could not take part this year - I just could not afford it!

But I thought I would share my Christmas Card with you all anyway, if that is allowed! (hope it is!)

This is the card I would have used. And the lighthouse is St. Anthony's in Falmouth in Cornwall.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/12/07 12:04 AM

The very best time of the year started today - the first two Christmas Cards made their way to Germany - thanks to Bob and Kay.

My cards went in the evening post today - hope they will reach all of you before Christmas.

Regards
Lightshipfan

Re: Christmas cards - 12/12/07 02:00 AM

Got another beautiful card today - from Kiki (Kay). Thanks, Kay!

Margret, your card is wonderful! We understand, of course; the postal rates from the UK are out of sight! Thank you for posting your beautiful card.

Mine are addressed, msgs. written, stamped - just haven't finished the picture - the main part!! Yikes!!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/12/07 03:48 AM

Margret, Thank you for posting your card! It is a great card! And we all do understand!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/13/07 04:11 AM

Got another great card today - thanks, Joyce and Tom! Mine should go out no later than Friday. laugh

Re: Christmas cards - 12/13/07 05:54 PM

Thanks Margret,

Great card! Isn't this great fun?

Re: Christmas cards - 12/13/07 11:33 PM

It sure is, Kay!! Got two fabulous ones today. Beautiful shot from Ruthie and a very impressive one from Renee and Billy - extra special but I won't give it away. You will see what I mean when you get yours. wink Everybody, please don't forget to post when you get your cards; that's the only way we know if they are getting there. laugh

Re: Christmas cards - 12/14/07 02:11 AM

Yes, the cards are starting to roll in over here and my wife and I are racing each other to the mailbox every day when we get home from work. This is fun. smile

Other than meeting other lighthouse lovers, it's really neat to see the various lights from other parts of the country.

So far, we've received beautiful cards from Joe & Stephanie, Ruthie, Kay, Bob, and Tom & Joyce.

And to Joe & Stephanie, we're planning to visit the lighthouse you sent us sometime this next year!

We can't wait to see the next 18 or so cards!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/15/07 06:50 PM

Beautiful card Margret! Thanks for sharing!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/15/07 07:09 PM

Yesterday was a bonus day for me. 7 lighthouse holiday cards. One very unusual lighthouse card from a non-lighthouse friend and the rest from holiday exchange or forums friends. It is really beginning to look like Christmas at home.

Tom & Joyce, Ruthie, Kay, Stephanie, and Bob thanks for the beautiful cards. Hopefully, mine will be in the mail monday or tuesday.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/16/07 01:51 AM

Two more cards came to me today. I guess it's time I listed what I have recieved todate.

Tom & Joyce Abbott,
Billy & Renee Loveless,
Hilari Seery,
Kay Guimond,
Ruthie Cooper,
Robert Taylor,
and a letter from Bill & Nancy Younger.

Thank You to all! And I look farward to more in days to come.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/16/07 03:40 AM

Got a really nice one from Jim & Hilari today. Thanks! The bulk of mine actually went out Friday. I have a couple of more which will go out Monday. laugh

Re: Christmas cards - 12/16/07 10:13 PM

So sad, that the German post is not working on Sundays - but I received two wonderful cards from MrsTLC and Hilari yesterday - thanks to both of you. Now I know, why we needed to be 24 for this game - one card each day until Christmas ;-)
Posted By: Moby Dick

Re: Christmas cards - 12/17/07 12:58 AM

Our cards went in the mail today. We are enjoying the ones received so far from Tom & Joyce, Billy & Renee, Hilari, Kay, Ruthie, Stephanie amd Bob T. We are looking forward to getting the rest in the coming week or so.

Al & Darlene
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Christmas cards - 12/17/07 10:09 PM

I have received from all of the ones said here. It is so great seeing the many different lighthouse cards. Looking forward to the rest.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/17/07 11:32 PM

The mailman brought more great cards today - from Rip and Sharon and from Saint J.C.! Very nice! This is always so much fun! vhappy The last of mine went out today, including the ones to Europe which should have gone out first. frown

Re: Christmas cards - 12/18/07 12:46 AM

Recieved two today! Rip & Sharon, and Grace Hewett. Both are great cards, but than any card with a Lighthouse on it, is a great card! groupwave

Re: Christmas cards - 12/19/07 12:45 AM

Received two great cards today - from Iris and Darlene and Al. Just love those unusual European lights - and card, Iris! Darlene and Al - extra special!! cool

Re: Christmas cards - 12/20/07 12:06 AM

I've been receiving cards right and left, but am ashamed frown to say I haven't mailed mine yet.

Too much going on with my hubby out of town for
2 weeks, working, holiday shopping etc. But I promise they will be mailed.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Christmas cards - 12/20/07 12:27 AM

Mailed almost all of mine today - have to get to the post office ASAP to get Iris' to Germany.

They should entertain, as I included a "straight-to-the-point" summary of this year's lighthousing. I also went overboard on the design thing. laugh

Re: Christmas cards - 12/20/07 12:28 AM

I have received all the cards that eveyone else has so I won't relist them here. I just love getting all the beautiful lighthouse cards. They always get opened first!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/20/07 01:11 AM

Can't wait, Greg! And you actually mailed them before the New Year - that's a first!! wink Kay, I open the cards first, as well. Received two more today from Debbie and from JoAnn. Love everyone's contribution to making the season happier and brighter! waytogo

Re: Christmas cards - 12/20/07 06:23 PM

Have received cards from those mentioned above.
They are all so great! I also open them first before friends and family! Much more exciting... laugh

I have converted my Mom! towel She purchased really great Robert Fobear lighthouse cards. I thought it was neat that after all these years...she combined the best of both worlds. Faith & lighthouses! wink

Re: Christmas cards - 12/21/07 06:23 AM

Went to the mailbox today and it was full of cards. vhappy

Cards recieved today from:
John Chidester
Al & Darlene Cook --- Thanks for the calender!
Debbie & Greg Petrie
Richard & Cindy Danhauer
Tammy Wolfe
Iris Klempau --- Love the stamps!
Joann Dawley

Pluse one from another CF member that is not in the Card Exchange. Thanks Becki smile

And confused confused a returned card.... the one that I mailed to John Gaskill. Has anyone else had his card returned to you marked UNDELIVERABLE?

Re: Christmas cards - 12/21/07 06:31 AM

Nope, I haven't, Steph. I got two more cards today - very cool and different one from Richard and Cindy. I thought Tammy's would be one of her own photos, but she chose something different this year - very beautiful. Thanks, all!! laugh

Re: Christmas cards - 12/21/07 03:10 PM

I haven't received John's back either. But, if I remember correctly...last year it took about a week before it was returned.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/21/07 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shortcake:

And confused confused a returned card.... the one that I mailed to John Gaskill. Has anyone else had his card returned to you marked UNDELIVERABLE?
Mine to John Gaskill came back yesterday.
Love all the cards I have received. Some lights I have been to bring back memories and others I have not been to are great to see! Thanks everyone for participating
HCS

Re: Christmas cards - 12/21/07 05:50 PM

Mine to John Gaskill came back also.
All the cards have been sooooo beautiful! Just love doing this!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/24/07 05:19 PM

My cards went in the mail last week, I think it was Thursday or Friday.

All the cards I've been receiving have been just wonderful. I especially liked St. John's picture holder card. Very uniquie.

Thank you everyone, and Merry Christmas!
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Christmas cards - 12/25/07 03:45 AM

Just returned home Saturday evening after being out of town for three weeks, to a box full of Christmas Cards. Printed out the list and sent my cards out this morning. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read all of your cards this evening and tomorrow. Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/25/07 05:21 PM

Thanks to everyone for all those wonderful cards I received during the lase few days. My favorite one is the lightship card from John - thanks John - I love it.

Merry Christmas to all of you.
Lightshipfan

Re: Christmas cards - 12/26/07 05:55 AM

I'm usually not all that into "news letter" Christmas cards, but I must say Greg that I truly enjoyed yours!

What a treat smile very creative! Did you take a creative writing course or are you just naturally gifted? Either way, you are certainly a dear young man, and have some very lucky parents, and I think we Forum folks are very lucky to know you too!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/26/07 05:47 PM

I had the same thoughts, Greg. Any parent would be happy to have you for a son. You are a very talented young man and I eally enjoyed your
letter in the Christmas card.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/27/07 12:08 AM

I recieved 5 cards in todays mail.

Judy Rath,
Melody Garnhart,
John Young,
Bill & Cyndi Reeder,
and a non-lighthouse card from Carolyn & Roy McBee.

And sence Greg's card has been recieved by others maybe mine will come tomarrow. Still looking for one more other than Greg's.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/27/07 01:55 AM

Thanks to all for another great lighthouse card exchange. I counted my cards today, and I received 20 plus a letter from Bill. So, perhaps there are still a few more on the way.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/27/07 02:52 PM

MIA??????????
Mine were mailed over two weeks ago.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/27/07 05:45 PM

Another great Chrisrmas card exchange! All the cards were special!!!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/27/07 05:56 PM

Bob, I received your lovely card about 10 days. It now resides at my nephew's house as he claimed it as his.

Julia Rose is getting so big. Are you spoiling her with love?

Thanks to everyone who has sent their cards. I received 3 more cards in yesterday's mail. I'm going to miss geting all those cards in the mail.

Re: Christmas cards - 12/27/07 08:45 PM

Bob, I received your card Christmas Eve. The picture of Julia Rose was a great surprise and a really nice bonus smile

Thanks!!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/27/07 09:33 PM

Came back to find five Christmas cards which arrived here on Christmas Eve: from Mel, the McBees, Judy Sunshine, Bob & Mary Ann (what a treat to have Julia Rose smile at me as I opened the card - she is so beautiful!), and Greg. Wow! Greg you are full of energy this year - not only on time but a wonderful card (your different perspectives are always terrific), and a very newsy newsletter. I am sorry that I had to miss both the Long Island trip and the NELL Hudson trip - I would have finally met you!

My card to John Gaskill has not come back, so I'm not sure what is going on. I didn't get it back last year either - someone mentioned theirs was returned last year. There's still a couple of cards out there - maybe by the New Year? I love hearing from everyone!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/27/07 11:23 PM

The mailman just brought two more cards - from Cindi Reeder and Doc John. I love those Father Nature cards! Thanks, Everybody, for making this another very special Lighthouse Christmas! waytogo
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: Christmas cards - 12/28/07 02:16 AM

IT WAS GREAT TO RECIEVE CARDS FROM EVERYBODY. WE HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED CHRISTMAS WITH FAMILY& WISH EVERYBODY A SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR. cheers cheers

Re: Christmas cards - 12/28/07 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine:

Thanks to everyone who has sent their cards. I received 3 more cards in yesterday's mail. I'm going to miss geting all those cards in the mail.
Thanks to all!

Judy, we can always start a PCExchange or a Round Robin!

Re: Christmas cards - 12/30/07 01:04 AM

That sounds like a good idea Bob. It's so much fun waiting for those cards that you know are going to be coming in the mail! vhappy

Re: Christmas cards - 12/30/07 08:52 PM

Got the last card from Judy (Lighthouser) in yesterday's mail. Thanks, Judy, it's a great one! Bob, I think Dave will start the Robins again in January; I was thinking about that just two days ago, but it's a little early - unfortunately! frown I'm keeping my Christmas cards up on the wall for a while. Everybody who comes by loves to see them, too. smile

Re: Christmas cards - 01/05/08 09:02 PM

Got the card of Lighthouser today - thanks Judy, this is the most "romantic" Christmas Card IŽd ever got.

Lightshipfan

Re: Christmas cards - 01/07/08 07:25 AM

Okay, John Gaskill's card came back. I think it was Debbie who said her card last year was returned. Obviously, we don't have a current address or something is wrong. Anyone know what's going on? Judy C., can you follow up for us? I'll send Judy an email in case she isn't looking at the forums. I know she's been very busy.

Re: Christmas cards - 01/07/08 02:51 PM

My card for John arrived back here on Saturday.
If I remember right, we had another address that we had to re-send the cards to. I think I saved last year's list. If I have time I will check it out.

Re: Christmas cards - 01/07/08 10:33 PM

Last year we originally sent them to the D.C. address and they were returned. Found out that John was at his home in North Carolina.
The address was:
P.O. Box 151
Wanchese, NC 27981-0151

Re: Christmas cards - 01/08/08 02:58 AM

He started out in North Carolina and moved to DC. So you are saying he is back in North Carolina? You said you did resend the card; I suppose that didn't come back. However, the postal system is not the most reliable so who knows. I will follow up.

Re: Christmas cards - 01/08/08 06:15 AM

I am so sorry I didn't see this discussion earlier (as in during the holidays). I'm also not as in touch with North Carolina as I used to be, so I don't get all the news. The last I knew, John was indeed back in his home in Wanchese. He didn't like the home in DC. It was too "old-fogy" for him.

I hope he is well and doing okay. If anyone has news of him, please share.

I am very blessed that I've had a lot of one on one time with him. My favorite memory is sitting on the back porch at Bodie Island as John made several trips up to the lantern room and back taking friends. He would come back and sit with me, not short winded, not even breathing hard. He would also tell stories of his days growing up at the lighthouse...and he would talk as long as you would listen.

Judy

Re: Christmas cards - 01/08/08 06:56 AM

Judy, I didn't realize that some of the cards mailed to DC were returned as early as last year - mine was not. Maybe the post office forwarded some of them. However, this year mine was returned. I thought the NC address Debbie posted was the one from before he went to DC. Any chance someone you know could get a current address? Thanks for any help you can give us - I hate that he isn't getting the cards we are sending him.

Re: Christmas cards - 01/08/08 02:56 PM

The address that I posted is the one that we were given last year for his home in Wanchese NC.
Never got the card back and no one else posted that theirs was returned from NC.

Re: Christmas cards - 01/08/08 10:22 PM

The list I got from Jen last year shows the DC address; I never saw an NC address after he moved to DC. So, I went to the horse and got the following info:

Mr. Gaskill is living in Wanchese again. He is at Bodie Lighthouse everyday, joking with everyone and enjoying being around his lighthouse again.

For those who would like to redirect their cards, I'm editing this post. Please contact me at my email address. It's been pointed out (sadly so) that it's not a good idea to post a home address. There are too many nuts out there, unfortunately.

I'm going to put my Christmas card in a bigger envelope and send it with a note so John won't think we have forgotten him.

Re: Christmas cards - 01/08/08 11:04 PM

Thanks for the update...I'll get mine out tomorrow!

Re: Christmas cards - 01/09/08 03:29 AM

Thanks Grace. I hope we're all clear now. I had thought I had said that he was back at home...has been since last year's Christmas cards...that he didn't like the home in DC and so came back.

Re: Christmas cards - 01/09/08 06:31 AM

My cards to John Gaskill AND the Youngers were returned. I generated labels from the attachment... Not sure what happened with the Youngers.
© 2024 Collector Forums