LighthouseKeepers.com

I could use some help.

Posted By: SCombs

I could use some help. - 12/17/99 06:52 AM

Well now that Richard has assisted me with this year's Christmas piece, I have all 5. With all the ornaments cardfully hung from one of those smaller "Charlie Brown" style trees, I really need some help in displaying the 5 larger pieces.

I have tried using a white marker board for the base and crinkled some blue mylar paper for the look of water, but it just looks like a white board and blue paper. Some of you crafty people must have some tricks. Please share.

Happy Holidays from Arkansas.

Suzzi
Posted By: Art

Re: I could use some help. - 12/17/99 07:16 AM

Suzzi,

If a winter scene is all that you are after, you can simulate a frozen body of water with a mirror sprayed lightly with that artificial snow stuff. You can soften the edges of your mirror by partially covering it and the surrounding area with roll cotton to simulate snow-covered land and to form an irregular edge between the "water" and "land". It wouldn't look much like an angry northern winter sea, but more like a frozen lake. I've seen this done (not with HLs, though), and it looked quite nice. I have no idea what to do if you want to simulate high seas.

------------------
-Art
Posted By: Bob M

Re: I could use some help. - 12/17/99 02:05 PM

My wife had some of that simulated snow that looks like a fluffy cotton blanket left over from her Dept. 56 display and put in under three of my Christmas pieces. It actually looked pretty good considering it was a simple thing to do.

I usually don't add anything around the Christmas pieces but I'm thinking of putting a few trees from my "Bob Younger Memorial Forest" on display with them.

Bob
Posted By: LamarB

Re: I could use some help. - 12/17/99 05:36 PM

I find that lightly spraying the above mentioned mirror with hair spray simulates the look of frozen water but without snow, if that's the effect you want.
© 2024 Collector Forums