LighthouseKeepers.com

Point Arena, add another one...

Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Point Arena, add another one... - 08/19/06 02:47 AM

to the casuality list, it didn't make the move from AZ to FL in one piece frown
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/19/06 03:14 AM

Bummer, but could Doc Rich fix it? What do you have to lose? Take it with you to St Augustine and talk to Rich.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/19/06 04:30 AM

Oh, that is so sad! Do take it to Rich; you won't know the difference when he is through with it. Still, it is a real shame. frown
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/19/06 05:15 AM

Sorry to hear that.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/19/06 01:10 PM

Bring it to St. Aug and I'll look at it. It won't cost you a cent if I can repair it.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/19/06 02:17 PM

I think I have 3 or 4 of them. Let me know if you need a replacement. Sorry for your loss. I hate to see these little treasures get broken.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/21/06 08:57 PM

Sorry for your loss.
Did you have them packed with the styrofoan in the original boxes?
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/21/06 09:14 PM

frown
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/21/06 09:38 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Even though you kind of "know" that something is going to happen when you move, it must not be fun to find out that it's a Harbour Light. frown

When you say "not in one piece," do you mean two pieces? Or twenty-two pieces? Just OOC.
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/21/06 10:09 PM

It looks like a clean break, I will post a picture when I get it out of the garage, it was very tough to look at when I first discovered it. And of course, it's too late for the UPS insurance :rolleyes: I packed it very well knowing it's history but when UPS delivered the boxes, they looked like they had gone around the world in eighty days! eek I have not gone through everything yet since it's in storage until mid october so hopefully no other surprises!
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 08/21/06 11:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your casualty-keeping fingers crossed that you don't find any more!!!
Posted By: Gayle

Re: Point Arena, add another one... - 09/08/06 05:06 AM

I bought a Point Arena from a forum member years ago on the secondary market. I was still a fairly new collector and didn't know that Point Arena didn't travel well. However; the forum member packed the lighthouse VERY well and it all arrived in one piece. It made a cross-country trip from Missouri to Washington state. He also followed up with me to make sure it arrived safely. I thought that was pretty awesome.

I do hope the rest of your collection arrived safe and sound. I won't even let visitors breathe on my collection let alone touch them so I shudder to think what moving them must be like.
© 2024 Collector Forums