LighthouseKeepers.com

Newbie turns WACKO

Posted By: NiagaraLady

Newbie turns WACKO - 03/11/00 09:42 PM

Finally! Attaining this Wacko status has been almost as obsessive as finding some of the illusive LE's! We began collecting HL's in September '98 and have really enjoyed this forum. I enjoy reading your posts and have learned a lot about lighthouses and collecting.

Our vacations now include lighthouses and HL dealer's and it's a hobby my husband and I both share. Quite an accomplishment after 32 years of marriage! This shared hobby has several advantages - like shopping in the Hallmark stores, deciding what HL to buy next, giving each other HL's for gifts, etc.

It has been so much fun following map directions to lighthouses. Like turn left at the schoolhouse (which no longer exits) and right at the blue house (which is now painted a different color).

Well now I can officially put my order in for two WACKO pins......and that's my final answer!
Posted By: Brent

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/11/00 11:15 PM

You've made it, "Lady".....congratulations!! May you and "yours" continue on in the "Wonderful World of Wackodom"
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/12/00 02:27 AM

Congratulations NiagaraLady! There is not anything like being in love with HL's and this forum.

Rusty
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/12/00 04:24 AM

Congratulations NiagaraLady. Welcome to WACKO-dom.

0 :>)
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/12/00 05:21 AM

Congratulations Niagralady. As is our custom here, tomorrow will be your day to bring the donuts. I know most of us southerners like Krispy Kream donuts.
Posted By: Polly

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/12/00 05:36 AM

Way to go Niagralady! I like the idea of donuts but need to count calories so how you get to treat with a small something like . . . THUMBNAILS all around?

Polly

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/12/00 04:45 PM

Ok, ok - it's donut day.
Treats from me - you won't have to pay!
Krispy Kreme and Peanut sticks
So take your pick ......

Now that comes with a side of:
Buffalo Chicken Wings (the best!!!!) and
Beef on Weck with a pitcher of draft - and a special treat of Sponge Candy - yummy.

Keep the above specialties in mind when visiting western NY (Buffalo, Ft. Niagara and 30-Mile Pt.) and just across the border from a distance - Pt. Abino.

Thanks for your Wacko Welcome!
Posted By: easya

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/12/00 07:54 PM

Now I'm hungry and so I'm shuffling off to Buffalo!
Posted By: JULB

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/13/00 07:17 AM

Congratulations NiagaraLady. Sorry for the belated reply but my son is home from college & I had to wait for my turn on the computer:

Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/13/00 07:37 AM

Congrats NiagaraLady on achieving wackodom! Keep the posts coming

Dale{:=)
Posted By: Augie K.

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/13/00 06:32 PM

Welcome to "WACKOLAND".

The Flame
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/13/00 11:13 PM

Congratulations NiagraLady. Welcome to the dimension of Wacko-mania.
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/14/00 12:25 AM

Contratulations. Welocme to the WACKO world.

------------------
Randall & Linda Ronne
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/14/00 04:37 AM

Congratulations NiagaraLady! Keep on posting.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: DeDo

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/15/00 12:36 AM

Welcome to Wackodom, Niagara Lady & hubby!
We started our HL collection 9/98 too. The hunt for both the HLs & real lights is fun as a team. Hope we get a chance to get upstate someday to see your "New York" lights.

Donna
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/15/00 06:25 PM

Welcome Niagara Lady! My husband knows I'm a "wacko" for HL but he also enjoys them as well. He grew up in Catskill, NY and loves all our Hudson River lights. He keeps those in his office
Posted By: youngone

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/18/00 07:04 AM

I would also like to welcome the Niagralady to the eerie halls of wackodom. May your light always shine bright. From the land of pleasant living and the best blue crabs in the world.
Posted By: Henry J Hupp

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/19/00 06:25 AM

Wheeeee!! Another wacko. Congrats to you Niagara lady. Welcome, Welcome to the world of Wackos. I too am anxiously awaiting the wacko pin.

HJH aka foghornkeeper
Posted By: Pat PalmerBall

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/20/00 09:59 PM

Congratulations !!!!
Maybe someday I will finally attain the "Wacko" status.

KYKEEPER - Pat

Re: Newbie turns WACKO - 03/21/00 04:33 AM

Thanks to all for the nice Wacko Welcome! Looking forward to THE pin.
© 2024 Collector Forums