LighthouseKeepers.com

A true tip sheet

Posted By: easya

A true tip sheet - 01/15/01 06:56 PM

I have purchased a LE as a present for a non-collector friend. Since I am mailing it to them, I will not be there when they open the gift. Because of this, I have slipped a note with "care and maintenance" tips into the box. Such things as "save the box". Also, I gave them an old brochure from HL and the web address to pique their interest. Shouldn't HL do this? By placing care hints and inticing the buyer to purchase more, they would be doing the buyer and HL a favor.
- Joe
Posted By: Bob M

Re: A true tip sheet - 01/15/01 11:15 PM

Hey Joe, I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess it would be kind of like an owner's manual. I made the mistake of throwing away the boxes from the first two HLs I bought. I never thought much about collecting them. I just liked what I saw and bought them. I think what threw me off a little was the fact the enclosed HL wasn't the one pictured on the box. It was only after I stumbled into John Chidester's site in 1997 did I realize I made a boo-boo.

Live and learn....

Bob
Posted By: mci1231

Re: A true tip sheet - 01/16/01 12:16 AM

Actually, that would be a good idea. It seems that with any collection I have had i never started out thinking I was going to collect them until after i acquired a few...then a few more. But, you end up tossing out the cartons or not saving the paperwork inside for all the early ones you buy. It would be nice to have some care and collection tips inside.
Posted By: Brent

Re: A true tip sheet - 01/16/01 04:25 AM

Ditto!! Not only is it an excellent idea but I would think that it adds a "touch of class" to the product-line.
© 2024 Collector Forums