LighthouseKeepers.com

Portsmouth Harbor Problem

Posted By: beaconbyers

Portsmouth Harbor Problem - 07/25/05 03:45 AM

Has anyone had major paint flaking on this model?
All my HL's displayed in northern exposure room. The tower is pealing in sheets. NO cleaners used.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Portsmouth Harbor Problem - 07/25/05 01:40 PM

Mine is fine, so far! What a bizarre thing to happen to a fairly new HL. I think we all thought paint-flaking was a problem confined to only the oldest HL's.

Perhaps you should contact Harbour Lights re a possible replacement.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes:
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Portsmouth Harbor Problem - 07/25/05 01:51 PM

Nothing happening on mine so far. I would contact Harbour Lights as Bob suggested. They should send you a new one with the same number.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Portsmouth Harbor Problem - 07/25/05 03:01 PM

How strange. Are all your other pieces okay? Have you noticed anything else in the room "acting strangely?"

I see you're from HI, so maybe there's some climate thing? confused
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Portsmouth Harbor Problem - 07/25/05 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beaconbyers:
Has anyone had major paint flaking on this model?
All my HL's displayed in northern exposure room. The tower is pealing in sheets. NO cleaners used.
How about a photo of your peeling paint?
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Portsmouth Harbor Problem - 07/25/05 04:27 PM

No problems with mine either.

bobo
Posted By: beaconbyers

Re: Portsmouth Harbor Problem - 07/26/05 12:07 AM

All my others are fine. Contacted HL and was given the number of an artist in California for restoration-no mention of replacment piece. Could buy another for less than restoration. Oh well...maybe HL will make a then and now piece of Portsmouth Harbor someday and I'll already have one.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Portsmouth Harbor Problem - 07/26/05 01:17 AM

I would call Harbour Lights again and ask to speak to Kathy. She is the supervisor in Customer Service and has always treated me top notch. Ask if you can return the piece(or flag) and get a replacement with the same number. Explain to her about the peeling paint and see what she can do. It can't hurt to try again and the phone call is free.
© 2024 Collector Forums