LighthouseKeepers.com

My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection

Posted By: Webmaster

My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection - 01/08/03 06:03 AM

As many of you know, I'm originally from Port Huron, Michigan, home of the Fort Gratiot Lighthouse. This is my collection of 15 sculptures of the lighthouse and a few other memorabilia of this old light. These are displayed in a cabinet in my home office.

Only two include the keepers' home - Spoontiques and, of course, Harbour Lights, the best one of them all.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection - 01/08/03 06:29 AM

Nice collection, John. Need to add your Lightship Huron into the display. Heather also has a specialized collection - Alcatraz. I always figured she was just dropping hints about her living conditions.

Dave
Posted By: Elmer

Re: My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection - 01/13/03 04:42 PM

Looks good, John. I agree with Dave ..... would be nice to add the Huron lightship to the displayed collection.
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection - 01/13/03 06:14 PM

Yes, but who is that svelte male supermodel standing next to them?
Posted By: pierhead

Re: My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection - 01/13/03 10:23 PM

John, is that a BLUE shirt you're wearing?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection - 01/14/03 01:45 AM

Nice collection John. I have a whole room in our house dedicated to Hudson River Lighthouses and Hudson River stuff. It is quite an interesting room with an awful lot of history displayed.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection - 01/14/03 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Harnsberger:
Yes, but who is that svelte male supermodel standing next to them?
You mean the one in the BLUE shirt? Why, it's little ol' me!

Hey, Mike -- how about some photos of that special room?
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: My Fort Gratiot Lighthouse Collection - 01/14/03 04:22 PM

We were up in Port Huron to see a Port Huron Beacons hockey game a couple days after Christmas. Went by Ft. Gratiot and they had it decorated for Christmas. Had icicle lights around the top railing, and a couple of long light strings running from the lantern room to the ground. Took some pictures, but they didn't turn out to well using my wifes auto focus camera. But it was cool to see. Had the lightship decorated as well.

Mike
© 2024 Collector Forums