LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouse curtains

Posted By: mombo

Lighthouse curtains - 09/15/99 03:46 AM

Last month when I was at the museum building at Tibbitts Point Lighthouse in Cape Vincent, New York I noticed that the curtains in their windows looked just like the cafe curtains in the Lighthouse Digest catalogue. When I commented on them the woman there said, "They got them last year at Ames."

A couple weeks ago I decided to see if Ames still had them. They did not have the same ones but they did have others. Actually before I put them up I also found them in K-Mart at a much cheaper price. So I bought theirs and returned the others to Ames.

A package of 15" valance and 36" tiers for $9.99 minus 20% off sale. How can you go wrong? They are white with light blue stars, the bottom border is blue and features four lighthouses: Big Sable Point, Pigeon Point, Cape Hatteras and Point Arguello. The valance repeats the lighthouse border of the curtain. The tiers also come in 24".

Sure has brighted up my kitchen!

Mombo

[This message has been edited by mombo (edited 09-15-99).]
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Lighthouse curtains - 09/15/99 05:10 AM

Heck Mombo. When I saw your topic I just KNEW you were going to tell us about the curtains that were drawn around some lantern rooms to shield the Fresnel lenses! LOL
Posted By: JeffB

Re: Lighthouse curtains - 09/15/99 05:03 PM

LOL Lamar! Thats exactly what I thought too!!!
Posted By: mombo

Re: Lighthouse curtains - 09/16/99 05:35 AM

Now would that be under "The Tip Sheet"?
Guess this is a girl thing.

So what's the story about your curtains?
"Inquiring minds want to know".

MOMBO
Posted By: JeffB

Re: Lighthouse curtains - 09/16/99 06:33 PM

No curtain story, but just picked up some great lighthouse wallpaper for my bathroom, and lighthouse wallpaper border for my study. Guess I know what'll be doing for a few weekends!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Lighthouse curtains - 09/17/99 06:28 AM

Mombo,

Maybe you could get John to open a new forum for lighthouse decorating and accessorizing? Could be a whole new direction to take everyone! LOL

Dave
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Lighthouse curtains - 10/06/99 10:49 AM

Another guy tricked into forum with "curtains".

Rusty
© 2024 Collector Forums