LighthouseKeepers.com

Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica

Posted By: Carl W. Nelson

Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 03/02/13 10:29 PM

Just checked Foghorn Publishing's site and saw they had the Reunion Exclusive New Point Loma, CA. As I have been looking for this replica since I started collecting in 2000 and would complete my collection of HL's skeletal lights, I was amazed that they were offering a $70.00 piece for $725.00!! Come on! That's a rediculous mark-up.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 03/03/13 01:45 AM

Has the piece ever really sold for list price, other than at the reunion, even with the depressed market? Educated guess at their pricing is that they are looking at an old (and very out of date) pricing guide that might have suggested the now significantly inflated value.
Posted By: Mark Wagner

Re: Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 03/03/13 07:42 AM

Within the past couple of years a Npl sold on eBay for less than or very close to it's original price from HL, I think it sold for around $65.00 I would recommend patience, They don't come up on eBay to often but I would think it could be bought at a somewhat reasonable price, if your willing to be patient. Last year I acquired 2 pieces I thought I might never own, I had been looking for over 15 years...
Posted By: Mark Wagner

Re: Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 03/03/13 07:57 PM

Also there is a Npl from Bill Youngers personal collection on ebay right now that ends tonight (Sunday night 3-4-13) it is at $237.00 as of this posting

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bill-Youngers-Ha...=item27d01a773a
Posted By: Rock

Re: Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 05/30/13 04:39 AM

I remember selling my extra NPL to the Youngers back in '98 for $500 after posting it in the Collectibles section of the SD Union Tribune...I asked for 3 years renewal in the HL Collectors Society and they happily obliged and sent me the difference...I wonder if it was this piece?
Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Re: Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 05/31/13 09:15 AM

Carl--check our Trading Post forum. There is a NPL #876 listed for sale as of May 29. 2013.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 05/31/13 03:10 PM

Rock
You would have sold it for more than 500 in 98. It was still going for $700 to $900 at that point. You sold it in 2000. I checked the forum. Isnt this forum great that we can check our history. All this info on hl collecting is stored in this forum. This is the most single reason to keep this forum alive, is to keep our Hl collecting history alive and available to all the members.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 05/31/13 06:45 PM

And to keep the Forum alive is the exact reason to invest $75.00 of your hard earned money and but a couple of EXTRA Wisconsin Point Lighthouses while you still can. Each $75.00 spent almost takes care of another months worth of the Forums.
Posted By: Kathleen

Re: Foghorn Publishing-New Point Loma, CA replica - 03/21/14 09:37 PM

I know this is kind of an old posting, but I just saw it - my apologies for the delay. No, this can't be your piece. I did not get this from LH Marketing. This is my piece that I bought at the reunion. BTW there is one on ebay for $1000.
© 2024 Collector Forums