LighthouseKeepers.com

A Coquille for Sale in a package deal!

Posted By: flacoastie

A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 01:33 AM

Check this out if you are looking for a HL111 Coquille River! From the way I read this the Coquille River, along with all the other lighthouse listed (except The 5 Stamp Series Lighthouses which are $300.00) will run $250.00. You can buy all the lighthouses for $500.00. If you want a Coquille you better run and grab them quick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harbour-Light-li...=item43b2bb444c
Posted By: Mark Wagner

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 02:19 AM

Rich, when I saw it a couple hours ago someone had placed a bid already (removing the buy it now feature, I think)
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 12:48 PM

Mark - I wonder why he/she didn't set a limit on the opening bid if they want at least $500.00 for the large group of lighthouses? This will be an interesting auction
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 02:46 PM

Three bidders allready.
I am the third and
I put a bid on it and ran it up to $61.

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 06:10 PM

well, the seller wasn't very clear what his intention was, and the Q&A at the bottom doesn't clear anything up except he wanted a reserve price, but he was going to edit it to add a reserve but I don't think you can do that after there's a bid. it's funny that he thought the stamp set was the real value in the group, unless he has the rare/mismarked "B" set. Does anyone have a going rate on a regular stamp set ?
Posted By: HCS

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Wagner
well, the seller wasn't very clear what his intention was, and the Q&A at the bottom doesn't clear anything up except he wanted a reserve price, but he was going to edit it to add a reserve but I don't think you can do that after there's a bid. it's funny that he thought the stamp set was the real value in the group, unless he has the rare/mismarked "B" set. Does anyone have a going rate on a regular stamp set ?

What is the rare/mismarked "B" set?

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 07:34 PM

Going by memory only and subject to correction, first couple of hundred matched sets were marked with a "B" prefix (as if they were an open edition) by accident, that was corrected and the rest of the matched sets were continued with either an "A" prefix or with no prefix (like a limited edition) but there were a certain number of matched number sets with the postal stamps included and then after that they were no longer sold as matched sets

I do not remember how the rest of the matched run was numbered, was it with an "A" prefix or just a number ?

I have a matched set #B204

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 07:41 PM

The eBay listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/16/12 07:45 PM

Quote:
What is the rare/mismarked "B" set?

Mark I would like to add to what you said.

When China produced the first of the stamp set in 1995 this was the second year for the GLOWS. So the Manufacturer started the stamp set out with the prefix “B” instead of the “A”. The “B” was stopped as soon HL found out and the prefix was switched to the “A” prefix and the “A” was also used the following year.

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/17/12 07:36 AM

Thanks Daniel, I knew there was more to the story than I could remember
Posted By: wvlights0

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/23/12 05:25 PM

The Coquille is back up for bid...$175 right now.

Ebay Coquille 111
Posted By: wvlights0

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/24/12 05:12 PM

Up to $355 now...less than 6 hours left.
Posted By: Brindfan

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/25/12 04:06 AM

Sold for $430. No box or Styrofoam packaging.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: A Coquille for Sale in a package deal! - 08/27/12 07:00 PM

I made a bid with 10 seconds left but was outbid!

I didn't expect to win but the price was to low to not make a bid.
© 2024 Collector Forums