LighthouseKeepers.com

Stonington Harbor - pewter

Posted By: Cuckolds

Stonington Harbor - pewter - 02/25/09 03:49 AM

The Stonington Harbor that was on E-Bay that Daniel referred to, I was fortuate enough to purchase it at the minimum bid. Harry Hines says there were two produced. The one I purchased on E-Bay was put up by Blair Andrews and came from his private collection as did the Coquille River that was on E-Bay three weeks ago. I have found the other collector with the other pewter of Stonington and as long as no more surface it is 1 of only two.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Stonington Harbor - pewter - 02/25/09 06:34 AM

Very cool addition to the collection.

Re: Stonington Harbor - pewter - 02/25/09 02:55 PM

thank you....I have been very fortunate to be able to obtain five lights from B. Andrews private collection....he certainly had some wonderful pieces....
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Stonington Harbor - pewter - 02/25/09 03:36 PM

Thanks
For sharing this with us.
I wish more would tell us about their purchases.
I feel you got a good deal and an awesome collectable.

I also have purchased on eBay from the same seller. Got a Yaquina Head paint sample for a song.

Re: Stonington Harbor - pewter - 02/25/09 08:54 PM

Yes, there are some good deals out there, but I am especially pleased with the purchases of Stonington Harbor and Coquille River.....
Posted By: JJ

Re: Stonington Harbor - pewter - 02/26/09 06:11 AM

Not to mention the fact that Blair is a good guy too!

Re: Stonington Harbor - pewter - 03/11/09 03:37 AM

I do not know Blais, but have heard only nice things about him. He sure must have had a special collection. Of course he was in the right place at the time to have a nice collection.
© 2024 Collector Forums