LighthouseKeepers.com

Oak Island On Ebay

Posted By: wheland

Oak Island On Ebay - 03/17/00 03:18 AM

I might be missing something, but I don't understand this one. I list an Oak Island in the Marketplace for $85 including S&H and I get no offers. Someone list one on Ebay and has gotten bids to $152.50 plus S&H. Sometimes I think that bidders don't have a clue. Why would someone pay that price for something that they could get at retail at just about any HL dealer? Dennis
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Oak Island On Ebay - 03/17/00 04:08 AM

I suspect many ebay bidders aren't knowledgeable about Harbour Lights. Well, they may know a bit - enough to let them jump to all kinds of eroneous conclusions.

In the Marketplace, you're dealing with very well-educated buyers and sellers who don't have wild delusions of what a currently available item should bring.
Posted By: youngone

Re: Oak Island On Ebay - 03/18/00 07:16 AM

I think that you'll also find that the wording of the E-bay entry has alot to do with the way an item moves. The more times you see the word RARE written in caps, the higher the price seems to go, or as in a case that I remember, if you tie it to some extreme tragedy, that also helps. I don't know, but I'd rather sell my items to knowledgable Hl'ers at the Marketplace, and know they are getting a good home.:>)
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Oak Island On Ebay - 03/18/00 11:28 AM

Sure makes you wonder doesn't it.
Also makes e-bay fun to watch. You never know what great deal may come along.

Dale
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Oak Island On Ebay - 03/18/00 05:02 PM

As the old saying goes " Buyer Beware " ( i forgot the latin spelling long ago). There is Always an advantage to knowing the product. Don't let marketing take you for a ride as in used car lot sales.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Oak Island On Ebay - 03/18/00 05:42 PM

Caveat Emptor

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 03-18-2000).]
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Oak Island On Ebay - 03/19/00 06:55 AM

Thats it. Now I remember. Thanks John
© 2024 Collector Forums