LighthouseKeepers.com

Canadian Sandy hook, W/rod, $100 and no bids???

Posted By: Anonymous

Canadian Sandy hook, W/rod, $100 and no bids??? - 10/19/03 04:40 PM

I saw this on E-bay yesterday, thought it has a heck of a price for a Canadian Sandy hook with a lightning rod, Signed by Bill, but It doesn't have a box. I can't believe nobody bought it for the $100 minium bid with no reserve. I would have put a bid on it myself but I already have 2 Sandy Hooks, 1 with the rod and 1 without. Has the market dropped so much that no ones willing pay $100 because it doesn't have a box? Or did every potential buyer overlook it? By the look of the pictures on e-bay it looks likes its in great shape.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3246782873&category=11132
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Canadian Sandy hook, W/rod, $100 and no bids??? - 10/19/03 06:37 PM

The seller has a good track record as far as feedback goes. I think the turn-off may have been the fact that the label was cut out of the box. Maybe collectors feel this is a big no-no.

The seller should have considered a low starting bid to get things rolling, and a reserve price to protect his or her investment. I would have posted it as "no box".

Ebay auctions are more interesting when they are a gamble, and not a fixed price/for sale/buy now or whatever. You really need to generate interest by starting low and hoping the bidding war will begin before the auction ends.

It will be interesting to see if this piece comes back for round two.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Medicman

Re: Canadian Sandy hook, W/rod, $100 and no bids??? - 10/21/03 08:36 PM

I saw it.... figured it would go higher so I didn't bid on it. My loss.
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: Canadian Sandy hook, W/rod, $100 and no bids??? - 10/22/03 04:40 AM

It has been relisted with a starting bid of $90.00
Sandy Hook wink

Posted By: JJ

Re: Canadian Sandy hook, W/rod, $100 and no bids??? - 10/22/03 05:44 AM

Can anybody read what it says under Bill's signature?
Posted By: Larry R

Re: Canadian Sandy hook, W/rod, $100 and no bids??? - 10/22/03 06:07 AM

Looks like it says Gina...
© 2024 Collector Forums