LighthouseKeepers.com

Gold Lighthouses

Posted By: RCircleJ

Gold Lighthouses - 07/23/02 09:38 PM

Cape St. George and Ft. Tompkins, I believe are the only two lighthouses made in gold. Does anyone have an idea as to what their value might be?
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/23/02 09:56 PM

There are a couple of other gold plated pewter items. The tower from Hannibal and a very few Eddystone.
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/24/02 12:01 AM

Some of the other members might be able to give you a better answer, but from what I've seen the price of these goes for a)whatever the seller is willing to take, or b)how much the buyer is willing to pay. They tend to be pricey. Not much help I know, but there's not a set value on them (that I'm aware of yet).
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/24/02 01:48 AM

Didn't a Cape St. George sell for $5,000 at the auction in Baltimore?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/24/02 12:01 PM

You are absolutely correct, Randy! I'm glad you were paying attention...lol!

Bob
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/24/02 01:46 PM

Moved to Secondary Market

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/24/02 06:28 PM

The GOLD Hannibal tower is hard to value at this time because there are many left to be won at future store signing events! How many were made - did I hear around 100?
Posted By: mombo

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/24/02 08:14 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that the Cape St. George sold at the reunion was a charity auction which probably inflated the price paid.

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/25/02 02:06 PM

There was one (Cape St. George) for sale in the Marketplace recently. No price was given, just best offer considered. I wonder if it sold and at what price?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/25/02 02:56 PM

Did anybody else see a gold Cape St. George on eBay a while back? I thought I saw one but forgot to check what the final bid was, and if it met a reserve price.

Is this the one you were thinking of, Randy?

Bob

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/25/02 07:09 PM

No Bob, Jeff had his for sale, but had no price. I don't know if he sold it or not! I didn't see one on Ebay.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/25/02 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Kremer:
The GOLD Hannibal tower is hard to value at this time because there are many left to be won at future store signing events! How many were made - did I hear around 100?

Debi at HL reports that the number is about 100. Only at the end of the year will we know exactly how many.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Gold Lighthouses - 07/27/02 02:51 AM

It didn't reach the reserve.
I believe it went as high as the mid 2,000's
Daniel
© 2024 Collector Forums