LighthouseKeepers.com

Collector's World Auction

Posted By: JeffMarsh

Collector's World Auction - 08/30/03 09:45 AM

I received a reminder today for the Collector's World auction that ended last week(?). Did anybody keep up on it? Anything unusual this year? I guess I should update my address with them.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Collector's World Auction - 09/02/03 12:15 PM

Hi Jeff,...I didn't realize the auction had already ended. I too would like to have seen what was on their list of offerings. I hadn't purchased anything there for quite a few years so I was dropped from their mailing list.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Collector's World Auction - 09/05/03 11:47 PM

Here is the list. The bids were to be received by Aug 20. I beleive last year was Sept 15

http://www.collectorsworldcapecod.com/specials.html

Re: Collector's World Auction - 09/06/03 12:23 AM

Thank you for sharing that list with us, Dan. There are some great and very collectible pieces being offered. I was surprised to see there were no Pharos Collection being offered. I guess the Coquille River LE will be the most interesting of the auctions. Time will tell...

Hey Dan,...Do they post what each piece brought for a high bid? If they do, it sure would be interesting to see what they got for each piece.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Collector's World Auction - 09/06/03 01:04 AM

Another inquiring mind from New England would like to know what these went for. I had planned on bidding on a couple of the AP's, but thought the auction was in September. What a surprise when I found out I was too Late! OUCH!!!

Bert frown
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Collector's World Auction - 09/06/03 02:09 AM

Bob & Bert
This is all I have on the bids.
I just pulled up their website and got this auction sheet.
There is a 800 number if someone wants to call and see what they went for.

1-800-421-4270.

Re: Collector's World Auction - 09/06/03 10:49 AM

I would be interested in adding an "AP" to my collection. I don't have one. I figure sooner or later I should stumble on to a deal on an "AP". There has been a couple on eBay in the past few months. I'll just have to keep my eye out for a good deal on one.

smile Bob smile

P.S. I just noticed this was post number 4444 for me at 4:49 a.m.. Too bad I didn't post five minutes sooner and it could have been post 4444 at 4:44 a.m.. I'll have to remember to post at 5:55 a.m. when I reach post number 5555...lol!
Posted By: KEWEENAW

Re: Collector's World Auction - 09/15/03 10:15 PM

I dont believe they will make the final results available, but I can give you a few, as I was bidding on a couple of them and they will let you know what they went for if you were bidding.

HL236 Old Mission, MI. AP (with bottom sticker stating # as HL233) $330.

HL111 Coquille River I can't remember exactly, but it was a little over $2K

HL712 Michigan City, IN. XMAS 2001 AP $250. (I won this one!) cool

HL214 Faulkners Island, CT. AP $175.

Maybe if anyone else on the board was in on the bidding they will list the results they know of???

Rob
© 2024 Collector Forums