LighthouseKeepers.com

Gold Mark Twain

Posted By: Bud Schrader

Gold Mark Twain - 07/29/05 03:16 AM

Daniel, what do you suppose my Gold Mark Twain should bring should I decide to sell? My purpose in getting it originally was to sell it and use the proceeds for a new camera. I since bought the camera, and now want to go to the D-70S. Hypothetical, of course, and I know it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, but what would be a fair starting point? Thanks!!
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Gold Mark Twain - 07/29/05 05:10 AM

Between 100 and 130 was made.
I feel that $1200 would be its value.
An other store event (the gold St Clair) went on ebay for $1,284.99 last month.
Even though this is a rare piece so are the collectors that collect them.
I would not take less than $800 for it.
Posted By: Bud Schrader

Re: Gold Mark Twain - 07/30/05 03:05 PM

Daniel, thanks for the input.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Gold Mark Twain - 07/30/05 05:50 PM

Daniel, sorta on the same subject line, what value/resale value would you put on the gold plated Three Sisters?

Anyone know how many of those were made? It could very well be on the HL site, but searching, I haven't located any information.

They were given to one lucky winner at each in-store signing I believe. Maybe more?

Judy
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Gold Mark Twain - 07/31/05 03:07 PM

Assuming we had the same amount of Harbour light store events it would be in the same class as the Mark Twain. 100 to 130. Since there has been some store closings it is possible that each year less of the gold store event was made. Don’t know for sure.
Any way I would class all the store gold event pieces about the same in value.
If one is more popular because of the lighthouse being popular that is also possible.
One also could go for more on ebay because it is one of the event pieces that some of our heavy collectors don’t have yet. And once acquired the price will fall again until some other heavy collector desires it. That is why anymore we cannot just say something is worth a certain price. Anymore to be accurate we have to quote the high and low.
© 2024 Collector Forums