LighthouseKeepers.com

Cape Hattaras

Posted By: ga light man

Cape Hattaras - 11/15/02 03:29 PM

My dealer informed me recently that they have located a 102R and was wondering if I was interested in purchasing it for 625.00. I agree it is a wonderful piece and I really feel that this is not too much to pay.
I value everyones opinion here in the forum and would like your thoughts about it. Will this piece always demand this kind of price and would it increase as the years pass? If I get ahold of it,I plan to keep it for a long time.
Rick
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Cape Hattaras - 11/15/02 03:52 PM

Tough questions, Rick. It sounds like it's worth $625 to you. Assuming you've seen it and it's in great shape, I'd pay that for it. But there are some 102R's out there in touch shape.

There are also a lot of variances in painting style and quality. A higher numbered piece would actually have brighter and better colorings.

There is also a true variation in 102R. This is one where the black and white stripes are reversed.

Will it hold it's value? It has been pretty consistent over the past 5 years at $500-$700. Will it go up? No way to know. But with all the other Cape Hatteras Sculptures including GLOWs, event pieces, and Little Lights, 102R has managed to 'tough it out'.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Cape Hattaras - 11/15/02 04:53 PM

Rick,

I would go for it based on your statement:

Quote:
If I get ahold of it,I plan to keep it for a long time.
I don't collect HL's for investment. I collect them because I like them.

Bert wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cape Hattaras - 11/15/02 09:06 PM

A lot depends on how much money you have to spend. If money is not an issue and you want it, then go for it. If money is an issue - $625 would buy you 7 new pieces next year.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Cape Hattaras - 11/16/02 02:39 AM

The latest book value on 102R is $650.00 so it sounds like it is right in line. I paid $500.00 for mine about 6 years ago and at the height of the secondary market 102R was selling in the $700-750 Range so it has held on the the price fairly well. I've never been sorry that I bought mine and if you have the bucks then go for it before the price starts going up.

Rich cool
© 2024 Collector Forums