LighthouseKeepers.com

E-bay

Posted By: Brenda McHenry

E-bay - 02/02/02 10:30 AM

I was on e-bay the other day and happened to check out a Forma Vitrum stained glass lighthouse the person was selling. When I clicked on the picture it looked like an HL of Hilton Head Glow. Has anyone else seen this? I thought about e-mailing her but figured it was her piece she should know what she is selling.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: E-bay - 02/02/02 02:25 PM

Hi Brenda, ...You never know what is going to appear on eBay. Many of us have observed instances where the picture doesn't match the item being auctioned. Many of us have read fictional and humorous descriptions of HL items and pieces.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Some people just get too tied up in what they are doing and don't take the time to proof read what they have done. It can be embarassing, it can be humorous. One thing for sure is it is very important to be a connected collector so you don't get taken.

Watch out for the P.T. Barnums of this world!

Bob
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: E-bay - 02/02/02 02:59 PM

Hi Brenda,
Welcome to the forums! Do you have the auction # on ebay for this particular piece? We have Forum Vitrum lighthouses, and I am curious! Thanks much!
Mary
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: E-bay - 02/02/02 05:52 PM

Not only is it the wrong image, it is the wrongful use of a copyrighted image.
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: E-bay - 02/02/02 06:53 PM

That definitely isn't a stained-glass lighthouse!
Posted By: shiulong

Re: E-bay - 02/02/02 07:59 PM

Thats ok I saw a HL429 that was a advertised as a LE. Do we have another Alcatraz here?

------------------
bigdragon
© 2024 Collector Forums