LighthouseKeepers.com

Flea Market

Posted By: ktamlin

Flea Market - 09/16/02 04:10 AM

Me and my wife went to a flea market in Illinois today and did we get a deal. Bought the following pieces, Bodie, NC, Fire Island, NY, Lorain, OH and Hunting Island, SC for $30.00 each. They all had the boxes and paperwork. So I guess that there are things to found at the Flea Market.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Flea Market - 09/16/02 01:32 PM

John & Karen, congrats on your 100th post and the collectors dream of finding some gems in the rough.
Bob
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Flea Market - 09/16/02 03:39 PM

I would imagine walking into a flea market or a yard sale (which I do quite often) and finding Harbour lights (which I never find) for sale at great prices (or any price)is something all of us would like to find. Congratulations on your great find and your 100th post. Keep us posted on great finds and keep those posts coming.

Bert wink
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Flea Market - 09/16/02 07:19 PM

Congratulations John and Karen! I think this is a first! Has anyone ever seen Harbour Lights for sale at a flea market? Not me! Great deal also!
Posted By: TexasLights

Re: Flea Market - 09/17/02 02:46 AM

In my fantasy life I go to a yard sale and find Portland Head and Cape Neddick LE's at or below retail. I'm hoping this fantasy becomes reality someday, but I'm not holding my breath! cool Terry
Posted By: ape

Re: Flea Market - 09/17/02 08:53 AM

Way to go Karen & John! What a great find at a flea market of all places! Can we go with you the next time?
laugh
Mary & John
Posted By: lhlover

Re: Flea Market - 09/17/02 03:29 PM

Congrats you lucky, lucky Wackos! I always go to the Flea Market, but I just see the usual flea market junk, you know what I mean - the black & white (or red & white) striped lighthouse that looks like a cross between Cape Hatteras and the Leaning Tower of Piza! The ones that make your eyes hurt just looking at it. Of course these are the gifts everyone always wants to buy you because they "know" how you like lighthouses. I have a couple of those, I hate them, but they were either given to me by my parents or my step-children so I have to keep them out so they don't feel bad. I assure you though, if my house was burning, I'd save the Harbour Lights first and foremost! :p

You sure were lucky! Maybe you should play the lottery while your luck holds out. By the way, want to go shopping with me some time? laugh

BJE
© 2024 Collector Forums