LighthouseKeepers.com

Price Guide

Posted By: flacoastie

Price Guide - 12/10/01 01:53 AM

Was walking the Ocala downtown square last week and stopped in at the library. I was glancing through the collectible area and noticed a Collector's Mart price guide for 2000. They had HL listed under cottages and further downlisted under B. Younger. The secondary market prices they listed for HLs were fairly accurate for the year 2000. I contacted them and they have just published their 2002 guide at a price of $19.95 plus shipping. I ordered one and it should be here this coming week. After I review it I will report back on it. It may have to take the place of Rutherford's Survival Guide.

Rich
Posted By: dkhemming

Re: Price Guide - 12/10/01 05:57 PM

Is there a web address as to where this can be purchased? Dave
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Price Guide - 12/10/01 06:20 PM

Try Amazon.com....
Posted By: dkhemming

Re: Price Guide - 12/10/01 07:05 PM

Paul,
THanks for the info.

Dave
(a fellow Hossier Light Housing Club member)

Re: Price Guide - 12/11/01 01:32 AM

Just received the price guide via UPS. It only took 7 days from ordering to receiving it. The book is $19.95 + $6.00 UPS shipping. You can order on-line at www.krausebooks.com or call them at 1-800-258-0929. The prices for Harbour Lights look resonable and it appears that Matt Rothman may be the person responsible for the Cottage Listings. It is the 2002 Price Guide to Limited Edition Collectibles.

Rich
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Price Guide - 12/11/01 07:48 AM

Rich,

Could you post some examples of the values of some LE's for say
Currituck
Hillsboro
Key West
Alchatraz
Thomas Point

Dale
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Price Guide - 12/11/01 03:33 PM

FYI the Amazon.com price is $6.00 off of the $19.95 and shipping will be just about the same..

Re: Price Guide - 12/12/01 01:37 AM

Dale,

The prices for the 5 pieces you asked about are:
Currituck $145.00
Hillsboro $125.00
Key West $365.00
Alcatraz $155.00
Thomas Point $165.00

Now, could you get these prices if you were to sell? I doubt it unless the wind was blowing from the southeast at 15.5 mph and you held your right index finger out at a 45 deg. angle to the North Pole and had it wet with Diet Pepsi. But, the prices are a place to start for insurance purposes or to make you feel good about you investment in your collection.

Rich
Posted By: smcclure

Re: Price Guide - 12/12/01 03:21 AM

Rich,

Thanks for the info on the Collector's Mart Guide and the sample price listings. Could you tell us about how many pages of the book are devoted to Harbour Lights? Are there any pictures of the lighthouses? What is the most recent HL piece listed? Thanks in advance for the information.

Scott

Re: Price Guide - 12/13/01 01:26 AM

Scott

There are 2 1/2 pages dedicated to Harbour Light listing from the very beginning to halfway through 2000. They do have pictures of some of the Harbour Lights but they are shown more for information then anything else. I would say that if your looking for a replacement for the HL Survival Guide you will not find it in this book. But, if your looking for ball park prices on HL lighthouses, this at least gives you a place to start and it isn't the prices of someone either trying to offload or sell their pieces at a rediculously high price. The prices seem i8n range with the old Collectible Exchange Secondary Market price guide.

What you might want to do is go to the library and check out an oder edition to see if it is of interest to you.

Rich
Posted By: Tower Tim

Re: Price Guide - 12/15/01 11:47 AM

A search on Amazon.com turned up "Harbour Lights Value Guide : Collector's Value Guide" The 2nd edition is dated October '01 so should be up to date. Has anyone seen this guide? The editorial review of the 1st edition from '98 sounded pretty good.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Price Guide - 12/15/01 03:33 PM

The listing indicates the book 'usually ships in 1-3 months' and 'will not be available until after December 25...'

I believe Checkerbee Publishing is out of business. Their web site is missing at www.checkerbee.com.
© 2024 Collector Forums