LighthouseKeepers.com

Welcome josephdiana401

Posted By: flacoastie

Welcome josephdiana401 - 11/15/21 01:48 PM

Welcome to the best lighthouse site on the web. We can always come up with an answer to your question or questions about Harbour Lights and we would appreciate any comments or ideas you have. So, don't hesitate to ask and we won't be bashful to answer and please give us your ideas on everything concerning lighthouses and associated topics.

Please take the time to tell us about yourself, your hobbies and your interests such as photography, reading, traveling and lighthouse activities. If your interested in postcards or games, we have internal Forums for exchanging postcards and playing lighthouse games. We also have an internal Forum for selling, buying and trading Harbour Lights products and we have a dealer Forum for our Dealers that are members to advertise their specials and events.

PLEASE READ THE RULES THAT APPLY TO THIS WEBSITE PRIOR TO MAKING ANY POSTS. HARBOUR LIGHTS ITEMS AND HARBOUR LIGHTS RELATED ITEMS ARE THE ONLY ITEMS THAT MAY BE SOLD OR TRADED ON THIS FORUM. ANY OTHER ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE, TRADE OR ADVERTISED MAY MEAN IMMEDIATE BARRING OR REMOVAL FROM THIS SITE.
Posted By: josephdiana401

Re: Welcome josephdiana401 - 11/21/21 12:52 PM

Thank you for the welcome to this forum. I am writing on behalf of my mother in law who has a large collection of lighthouses and lighthouse pictures. She has traveled the US collecting them over years. She is now 87 and in poor health. She has asked for assistance in selling the collection. Any guidance that could be shared on how to sell such a collection would be greatly appreciated. She would like to sell them as one lot and it would need to be fairly local due to the size. Shipping would be very expensive. I am presently creating a list and photos for reference. Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Welcome josephdiana401 - 11/21/21 10:27 PM

welcome josephdiana401 to the forums.
I would start following ebay and see what the values are.. If her collection is before 2006 many are common and hard to sell . The chance of selling them all is the same chance as Biden making a right decision, Sorry for my political comment., I think you need to give up the idea of selling the whole batch. that happened in the late 1990s but not know.. check the numbers they are important, a low number is more valuable especially for the first 17 . Rich can provide you with down loads showing the rare ones. You can send your list with numbers to Rich or i and we can give you direction.

Re: Welcome josephdiana401 - 11/23/21 12:07 PM

Thank you so much for the guidance. I agree 100% about selling them separately. I should have them all cataloged by next week. May I reach out to you then and perhaps share my list ? Again, thank you kindly.
Posted By: RMau

Re: Welcome josephdiana401 - 11/27/21 07:56 PM

Hello and welcome to the Harbour Lights (HL) forums,

Selling HL lighthouse replica's is a challenge these days, as Daniel alludes to in his post. The market is not nearly as active and vibrant as it was 20 or so years ago. There are many reasons / theories why, but that is a for another discussion.

You said your mother-in-law has a large collection of lighthouses and lighthouse pictures. They are Harbour :Lights replicas? Your post didn't say specifically what brand of lighthouse replicas you have. Some of the responses you receive here on the HL forums may not be helpful if your replicas are from a company other than Harbour Lights.

Some of the (relatively) better deals for HLs on ebay are actually for the HLs Christmas Ornament pieces. These are much smaller than HLs Limited Edition replicas. Other ebay choices are HLs Little Light of Mine line. These are sized in between ornaments and Limited Editions. As you are poking around ebay, try to compare apples to apples to get the best idea of the values that your pieces may have.

Years ago, before the actual end of Harbour Lights, the company, the secondary market was already beginning to fade. I had many HL replicas that I could no longer display and found that a willing buyer was hard to come by. One way for me to find another home for some of my pieces was to donate them to lighthouse preservation groups to be used as fundraisers for their organization. I gave several pieces to the Florida Lighthouse Association and others to a couple of groups working on preserving their local lighthouse.

Admittedly, this won't raise any cash for your mother-in-law, but it may not cost you much, if anything, if organizations like that are still willing to accept the replicas from you. At least your pieces would help preserve a lighthouse or two from the many that your mother-in-law enjoyed over the years.

Best of luck to you!

Rick Mau
Weeki Wachee, FL
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Welcome josephdiana401 - 12/24/21 07:31 PM

Hello josephdiana401,
If you'd like to send the finished list to me at roland@thecapecodstore.com I may be able to help you sell some of them and also add to Daniel's suggestions that may help guide you in the others.

Re: Welcome josephdiana401 - 12/31/21 12:05 PM

Hello Roland,
Thank you so much for the offer of sending over the list. I will definitely take you up on the offer just after the new year.
I have not had very much time to get the pictures taken but, the list is all done. I will see her this weekend and hopefully have everything together to share with you.
Happy New Year!
Again thank you kindly for your help.
© 2024 Collector Forums