LighthouseKeepers.com

Posted By: ericlighthouse

new member - 04/27/03 12:28 PM

Hi,
I am a new member from Central Florida. One of my goals is to help save lighthouses in trouble, just wish I could write bigger checks. I also like to see private lighthouses either open to the public several times a year, or a lighthouse group buy them and return them to public status. Although I realize some of these were saved by private interest, it is fustrating that the public can not see them.
take care, Eric smile
Posted By: Bob M

Re: new member - 04/27/03 02:58 PM

Welcome aboard, Eric! You will meet many people here who share similar interests to yours. You have definitely come to the right place!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: new member - 04/27/03 03:01 PM

Welcome Eric. I too am from central Florida, only a little more north then you are. It's great to have you join our Forums. Are you a member of the FLA Lighthouse Association or belong to a local Harbour Lights Club? If not, just let us know and someone will contact you if your interested. Do you collect Harbour Lights along with your interests in lighthouses?
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: new member - 04/27/03 03:09 PM

Welcome to the forums, Eric. I also live in Florida, Tampa to be exact. And my name is also Eric. I agree with flacostie, if you are not a member of a Harbour Lights Group or the FLA, you need to join up!

Welcome again!

Eric
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: new member - 04/27/03 05:53 PM

Welcome to the forums, Eric!

It's always good to see more people that are willing to help save lighthouses!
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: new member - 04/27/03 11:18 PM

Welcome to the forums Eric! I love your philosophy about saving lighthouses. You join up with Rich, Eric and others in Florida, I'm sure you'll be able to fulfill your wishes.

Bert
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: new member - 04/27/03 11:51 PM

smile Like your way of thinking regarding lighthouses, Eric!
Posted By: plebetkin

Re: new member - 04/28/03 04:15 AM

welcome, Eric, to a group of friendly and helpful people
Posted By: Elmer

Re: new member - 04/29/03 12:51 AM

Hi Eric, Good to have you on the Forums. Hope to hear from you from time to time. Welcome! smile

Dan
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: new member - 04/29/03 03:37 AM

Wow! what a great response.

I am a member of the Florida Lighthouse Association, as well as: Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation (it started one year ago), Ponce DeLeon Inlet (fully restorted), Florida Keys Reef Lights (I believe all need work) and the Egmont Key Alliance (they want to restore the latern room, it now has just a rotating light at the top on top of the roof).
I do collect Harbour Lights, mostly the small ones both for space and costs.
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: new member - 04/29/03 02:45 PM

Eric

Welcome to the forum. I think we all share your interest and desires of lighthouse restoration.
© 2024 Collector Forums