LighthouseKeepers.com

Greetings, all!

Posted By: Kent Babb

Greetings, all! - 08/06/02 10:41 PM

I guess I'm the new guy. I'd send out donuts, but...um...I already ate them?

A bit about me -

My lighthouse attraction is beyond explanation. I was vacationing in Maine several years ago, and visited Bass Harbor Light. I was instantly hooked. My New Age cousin says I was probably a lighthouse keeper in a previous life, or was saved by a lighthouse keeper, or died near a lighthouse. Whatever. All I know is that I'm attracted. Of course, the first replica I purchased was a Harbour Lights.

Currently, I'm landlocked in Columbus, Ohio. The good news is that in Spring of 2003 I'll be breaking ground on my new house in beautiful Charlevoix, Michigan, which will become my permanent residense. Sorry - I won't have a front-door view of the lighthouse there, but it'll be within walking distance, so I expect LOTS of vistors! (and I don't think they have Krispy Kreme up there, so you'll all have to bring your own!)

I love to photographs the lights that I visit. I've recently started my own website that includes a lot of lighthouse pics (along with a lot of other stuff) - check it out at www.babborama.com.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all, and eventually meeting up with you.

Kent cool
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/06/02 10:58 PM

Welcome Kent. Glad to have you aboard. You've got some nice lighthouse photos there!

Now Charlevoix is almost heaven so I can understand someone who wants to relocate from Columbus! (Nothing against Buckeyes.)

Up in Michigan, you'll be a lot closer to a lot more lighthouses.

We'll look forward to seeing your photos and reading your posts on these Collector Forums.
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/06/02 11:05 PM

Welcome Kent. You're gonna' love the Forums. My wife tells me on numerous occasions that I must have been a lighthouse keeper in a previous life, too. Now that gives us two things in common.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/06/02 11:36 PM

smile Hi Kent!

Welcome to the forums! And yes, you will love it here! A great group of people, that you will ever meet!

No, we do not have Krispy Kremes "up north", but give it time, and I am sure someone will start selling em' here!

We know Charlevoix very well.....we live in Petoskey, 17 miles east....in other words, everyone visits here, because of our "million dollar sunsets"! There goes the taxes!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, enjoy your time here, and drop me a email sometime...

Mary and Herm
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 01:45 AM

Hi Kent, I enjoyed your site. Glad to see you`ve joined our humble group.

terry
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 03:02 AM

Welcome to the forums Kent. I liked your site. Great lighthouse pictures! Great group of people here on the forums, I'm sure you will find lots of comapny in liking, loving lighthouses. Enjoyed your story about how you got hooked on lighthouses. Mine was Beavertail, RI. Haaven't stopped since.

Bert smile
Posted By: Elmer

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 03:35 AM

Hi Kent, Your lighthouse photos are very nice. Glad to hear that you are going to be rescued out of that state to the south ---- Oh - Hi- Oh. laugh

Charlevoix is a lovely little town. Carol & I enjoy visiting there and always make it a point to stop at a little restaurant downtown, the Great Lakes Fish Company (I think that's the name) for the whitefish and fried zucchini appetizer. smile

Welcome to the forums. Hang in there. Valhalla awaits,

Carol & Dan

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 03:45 AM

Thanks all for the warm welcomes! I'm looking forward to sharing my two cents with whoever will listen!

Mary & Herm - I'll have to hook up with you next time I'm in your neck of the woods. (Petoskey was my second choice for a new home) Is there any HL dealer closer than Traverse City?

Carol & Dan - Double yum for the Great Lakes Whitefish! Right around the corner is Terry's Place - a bit more pricey, but OH so good!
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 03:52 AM

Welcome Kent. Glad to see that you have joined our group. Hope to see you at one of our weekly chats.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 03:54 AM

smile Terry Left, a Charlevoix native, owns BOTH Great Lakes Whitefish (The Villager), and Terry's Place. We ate at Great Lakes Whitefish a couple of weeks ago!!

Yes, there is a local dealer in town, and I know of several in the area that can help you spend your money!!! laugh

We have a view of Little Traverse Bay. cool
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 04:34 AM

Welcome Kent. I am sure that you will find lots of information and tips here on the forum. Stop by the chat room some time.
Posted By: ape

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 05:05 AM

Welcome Kent,
Welcome to the Collector Froums. Great group of people here.

John & Mary
"Two more "great lakers"! :p
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 06:36 AM

Welcome Kent from the great state of Florida. It's good to have you onboard.

Rich cool
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 03:25 PM

Welcome to the Forums Kent!

It is great to have you here and making posts. It is also great that we will soon have another Michigan resident here in the forums.

Thanks for letting us know a little about yourself and again, Welcome!

-Todd
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 04:33 PM

Hi Kent, glad to meet you.
Bob
Posted By: wheland

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 05:52 PM

Kent,

Glad you could join our little group of Wackos and soon to be Wackos.

I liked your website. you've got some nice pictures there.

I have two questions though-

1. How'd that Chesapeake Lighthouse get mixed up with those Great Lakes Lighthouses?

2. When did they move London to France?

Just curious I guess. laugh

Enjoy the forums - you can find out just about anything here.

Dennis
Posted By: Ron

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 06:44 PM

Kent welcome aboard, great web sight smile I hope you enjoy the fourm as much as I do laugh .Meeting great people and gathering information.

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 07:55 PM

Dennis,

Geography was never my strong point...
laugh
Posted By: berriesncream

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 09:51 PM

Hi! Welcome to the Forums. I'm new myself so we can both work on becoming Wackos.

Amy
Posted By: Beaconfollower

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/07/02 11:53 PM

Welcome Kent. I liked your website. Love the pictures, you have a talent there guy.

smile
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/08/02 05:11 AM

Welcome Kent. Nice to see another Buckeye on the Forums (or at least a future ex-Buckeye). Just don't let them change your Football loyalties.

Rod Watson

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/08/02 04:08 PM

Thanks again, everyone, for the overwhelming welcome.

Rod - I don't think my football loyalties will change - I currently live close enough that I can hear the crowd in the Horseshoe. I'm going to miss that (but NOT the traffic!). However, moving that far north next year I'll probably have to pick a new sport - like curling, or any other sport that involves ice & beer. cool
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/09/02 12:37 AM

Here you go Kent.......
Posted By: Bud Schrader

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/09/02 04:14 AM

Hi Kent- I'm 50 miles south of you in Logan. Enjoyed the pictures, We've been to the Michigan ones in your gallery. Welcome to the forums!
Posted By: jornfl

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/11/02 04:16 PM

Hello from one lighthouse enthusiast to another..I am also a "newbie". I think you'll find that collecting HL Lighthouses is very addicting & lots of fun...beats playing the stock market nowadays! smile
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/11/02 05:50 PM

Hi Kent,

Welcome to the forums. Love the area around Charlevioux. My wife and I visited in the area last Sept. Great lighthouses there. Hope you post often. That OH-HI-OH place is alright too laugh . I was born there.

Dale
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/12/02 12:11 PM

Welcome aboard, Kent! I just checked out your web site, and it looks great! Brrrrrr!!!! Lighthouses in the snow were cool. I hope we see a lot more of your photo skills here at the CF.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Greetings, all! - 08/12/02 07:02 PM

Welcome Kent!

Great website and pictures! Hope to see more in the future! Great bunch of people in here, so keep in touch!
© 2024 Collector Forums