LighthouseKeepers.com

Hello

Posted By: JoanieO

Hello - 09/09/01 03:29 AM

Just want to say, "Hello." I am a newcomer to the Collector Forums and this is my first "posting." A friend of mine gave me the HL Fire Island lighthouse as a birthday gift a few years ago, and I have been collecting lighthouses ever since. It is very hard to be "selective" as all of the HL are so attractive and very well done. I am looking forward to the Baltimore reunion. I will be driving up from Florida with my husband. He is not an avid collector, but is tolerant of my passion for lighthouses. Hope to meet some of you at the reunion.

------------------
JoanieO
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Hello - 09/09/01 03:51 AM

Hi, Joanie. Welcome to the forums. Be sure to visit us down in the "Latest Models" forum and let us know what you think of the new releases as they come out.

Bill
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Hello - 09/09/01 04:20 AM

Welcome to the Forums. Hope to meet you in one of the weekly chats.

Sean
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Hello - 09/09/01 04:44 AM

Hi Joanie, and welcome to the world of lighthouse collectors! You will love it here, and learn something about lighthousing/friends with every click!

C U in Baltimore !!

Mary
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Hello - 09/09/01 05:07 AM

Hi Joanie! Glad to see that you made that first post. Now that you have, jump in and keep on posting. It is a wonderful extended family you have now joined. I'll look forward to meeting you in Baltimore.

Dave
Posted By: Nana

Re: Hello - 09/09/01 05:08 AM

Glad to have another Floridian join us forumites...We do have a good time here and the friendships that are made further extends the collecting activites....you will be glad you stopped in.....

We'll look for you in Baltimore!
Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 09-08-2001).]
Posted By: chris g

Re: Hello - 09/09/01 07:06 AM

Hi Joanie!
Glad to have you along!
At forst, my husband was tolerant of my collecting too. Now he buys more of them for me than I buy for myself! He has even helped me plan vacations around lighthouses! Lighthousing and collecting them is highly addictive and contagious too.
You will find some of the friendliest and most helpful people here. I have been fortunate enough to be able to meet some of them in person- they are all gems!

welcome!

chris g
Posted By: ape

Re: Hello - 09/09/01 06:31 PM

Hi JoanieO,
Welcome to a really neat HL collector's forum. It is fun to communicate with other HL collectors and see their opinions on many topics.

Mary & John
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Hello - 09/09/01 11:14 PM

Welcome aboard the the CF, Joanie! It's always great to see new folks joining us.

Bob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hello - 09/10/01 03:20 AM

Glad to see you took the Forum plunge Joanie. Which is your favorite LH? Is it one of those beautiful ones in Florida?

terry
Posted By: Buz Dean

Re: Hello - 09/11/01 08:55 PM

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see more Floridians are coming on board. Keep in touch and let those from the Tampa Bay area know if you are in our neck of the woods. You are more than welcome to come visit us at our quarterly meetings. The next one is in Nov. on the 15th. Our meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of the months of Feb, May, Aug & Nov.

------------------
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Hello - 09/11/01 09:56 PM

Hi Joanie, and welcome aboard. It's certainly nice to have you as an official poster now!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: TGIFIF

Re: Hello - 09/12/01 05:40 AM

Welcome, Joanie!! From yet another Flordian. When you get to Baltimore look for everyone from Tampa H.L. club. We live all over the state & just meet different places & have fun!!!

TGIFIF
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Hello - 09/17/01 04:12 AM

Welcome to the Forums JoanieO. I look forward to meeting you at the reunion and to your future posts here.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: Lamplighter

Re: Hello - 09/17/01 04:38 AM

Greetings from the West Coast, Joanie.
Be careful. It's that first lighthouse that
bites you and you become well addicted!
Both the Harbour Lights and to the forum.
There are lots of friendly collectors here!

Welcome, Rich & Marilyn
Posted By: JoanieO

Re: Hello - 09/19/01 04:06 AM

Hello again, to all of you who responded to my original "Hello." I am looking forward to meeting you at the Reunion. You seem like a very friendly bunch and have made me feel "at home" here on the forum. Thanks again for the big WELCOME!
Joan
© 2024 Collector Forums