LighthouseKeepers.com

Finally Registered

Posted By: berriesncream

Finally Registered - 08/02/02 04:16 PM

Hi! I'm brand new to the Forums but feel They have been a part of my life since my husband got his home computer several years ago. My other half is Flacoastie and he has finally convinced me to register. It probably has a lot to do with the chance to win a lighthouse.

I spent a lot of time alone with the kids when my husband was at sea, isolated duty or making road trips to repair electronic equipment in the Coast Guard. I love lighthouses and am totally to blame for his starting to collect them in 1993. I bought him a Cheryl Spencer Collin Ponce De Leon Inlet for his birthday and he immediately returned it for a Harbour Lights. He said I could get twice the lighthouse at one half the money. That started him on his way and all I can do is tag along for the ride.

I will not be a constant poster because Rich does most of the computer work but I will occasionally get on if I have something to say. Thanks for letting me join.

Amy
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Finally Registered - 08/02/02 04:34 PM

Welcome Amy!

Glad to have you aboard and to be able to have some alternative to those posts by your other half. (Just kidding Rich.)

We'll look forward to hearing from you.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Finally Registered - 08/02/02 05:52 PM

Welcome aboard, Amy... I hope you win a lighthouse, btw it will be YOUR lighthouse not his...
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Finally Registered - 08/02/02 06:26 PM

Welcome aboard Berriesncream (Amy)
You sound a lot like my wife. She got me started with Lighthouses and now she takes a back seat, letting me buy all the lighthouses.
I think I will try and get her to join also.
We live just up State from You In Middleburg.
Are you going to the Southern regional this November? laugh
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Finally Registered - 08/02/02 08:39 PM

Welcome Amy!

It is good to see you posting here along with your husband. It is always great to see a new face.

Welcome aboard!

-Todd
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Finally Registered - 08/02/02 08:52 PM

Welcome Amy. It's nice to have you with us. Don't let your other half be the only one to post, we'd like to hear your side also!

Bert smile
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Finally Registered - 08/02/02 09:53 PM

It took me awhile to get her to do this but finally made it happen. We do everything together except the computer. She is a little shy when it come to that. Welcome BERRIESNCREAM!!

Rich cool
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: Finally Registered - 08/02/02 11:07 PM

Amy Welcome to the forum. Like it was said before, don't let your husband hog the comupter all of the time.
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Finally Registered - 08/02/02 11:58 PM

Hi Amy, welcome to the Forum. I`m glad Rich could talk you into it and good luck on winning a lighthouse.

terry
Posted By: Elmer

Re: Finally Registered - 08/03/02 01:27 AM

Welcome Amy! How does it feel to be a WACKETTE in training?? You really have some outstanding lights down in Florida ..... which one is your favorite?? My parents live in Port Orange, only a few miles from Ponce Inlet. I love going there. smile

Hope to hear from you, Ms. Berries, from time to time.

Dan (aka Elmer, the wascarry wabbit hunterr) :rolleyes:
Posted By: ape

Re: Finally Registered - 08/03/02 04:05 AM

Welcome to the Forums Amy! I too started my husband John collecting Harbour Lights. The first one I bought him was Michigan City #123 for our wedding anniversary. We are boaters and this is where we launch our boat from!

Mary smile smile smile
Posted By: Beaconfollower

Re: Finally Registered - 08/03/02 04:18 AM

Welcome Amy! Maybe there's hope I can get my husband interested in lighthouses. One can only hope. Again, welcome aboard.

smile
Posted By: Ron

Re: Finally Registered - 08/03/02 07:13 PM

Welcome Amy nice to have you with us.
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Finally Registered - 08/04/02 12:29 AM

Welcome Amy! Hope to see you around the forums often.
Posted By: anniemac

Re: Finally Registered - 08/04/02 03:08 AM

welcome, Amy! I started just as a looker, and finally decided that, after almost two years of being a NEWBIE, that that was enough. so, as so eloquently stated.............be a WACKETTE in training - and keep on posting!
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Finally Registered - 08/04/02 04:43 PM

Amy,

Welcome to the forums.

Rusty smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Finally Registered - 08/05/02 04:02 AM

Welcome to the Forum Amy. Glad to have both of you Fla. L/H lovers on board.

Harry
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Finally Registered - 08/06/02 05:56 AM

Welcome to the forums Amy smile smile smile smile

MelJB
Posted By: berriesncream

Re: Finally Registered - 08/06/02 10:39 PM

Hi! Thanks to all of you who welcomed me with yours posts. I have enjoyed the great sense of humor and funny posts. Being in the Coast Guard for many years Rich and I have loved lighthouses for a long time. Of the ones I have seen Cape Henry and Saint Augustine are the ones that I like the best.

At this time I don't know if we'll be able to make the Winter Regional because of Rich's job but we will sure try. As for making a lot of posts I will probably be a Newbie for a very long time as I am still not a great computer person.

Thank you again for such a warm welcome!

Amy smile
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Finally Registered - 08/07/02 01:48 AM

Yes Amy, Rich also told us that he would probably not post much. :rolleyes:
Just kidding Rich, I like reading your posts.

terry
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: Finally Registered - 08/07/02 01:56 AM

Welcome to this great group of Lighthouse Lovers Wendy. Hope you can get the computer away from your other half on some reoccuring basis to post. wink

Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Finally Registered - 08/09/02 11:34 PM

Welcome Amie,

My wife can relate to your influance on Rich. She bought me a Cheryl Spenser Collins Ponce too. I didn't return it for a Harbour Light because I didn't know about them at the time. Hope you will post often. It would be nice to get the others half's input. Maybe you will be an inspiration to Diana to sign up too. Anyway, welcome aboard.

Dale
© 2024 Collector Forums