LighthouseKeepers.com

My Intro...

Posted By: Anonymous

My Intro... - 11/30/02 03:51 AM

Hello everyone... My name is Bro. Jason. I am new here. I enjoy collecting Lighthouses and I am twenty-six male from Northeast, Tennessee. I am married and I have a kitty! I am a christian and I love Jesus. Hope to meet you soon...
Posted By: shiulong

Re: My Intro... - 11/30/02 07:33 AM

Welcome aboard! There is a great group of folks here who are always willing to help. We all come from different kind of background, but we all love the lights. You wouldn't happen to be near Knoxville would you? Spent 10 years there and loved it, great country there and would mind visiting next time I have some time.

Keep the flame
Chuck laugh

Re: My Intro... - 11/30/02 02:32 PM

Yes... I am about an hour and a half northeast of Knoxville. Have you ever heard of Tri-Cities?
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: My Intro... - 11/30/02 02:42 PM

Welcome Jason,

Great to have you join us. You've already heard what a great group of people we have here on the forums. Glad you could join us and share your love of lighthouses with us, as we will with each other.

Bert wink
Posted By: Nana

Re: My Intro... - 11/30/02 07:10 PM

Welcome Jason,
Glad to have another Tennessee lighthouser. I try to spend as much free time as I can in Clarksville, TN. There are several lighthouse lovers who live there.
Derith
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: My Intro... - 12/01/02 01:31 AM

Welcome Jason from the Sunshine State. It's great having you join us. We'll be looking forward to your future posts.

Rich cool
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: My Intro... - 12/01/02 09:03 PM

Welcome Jason! Sounds like you are close to one of our favorite vacation places - The Smoky Mountains! Hope to hear more from you in the future!
Posted By: Bob M

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 12:38 AM

Welcome Brother Jason! I hope you visit us frequently here at the CF (Collector Forums). The folks here are the best people on earth!

smile Bob smile

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 05:08 AM

Took me along time to find this forum. I will stick around as long as you fine people will have me. So far all I have is one question.

How do you get the picture in the corner under your username?
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 05:10 AM

Welcome aboard Jason, nice to have you join our group. Out of curiousity - how did you find us?

__
/im
Posted By: wheland

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 05:16 AM

Jason,

Welcome to the Forums. you'll find the folks here very helpful.

As for the little picture you need to go to the top of the home page that says Collectors Forum click on my profile which is just to the right of the picture and the click on View/ Update Profile.

Scroll down to Avatar Image. this is the little picture. You can choose one of the images that John has laoded into the system or choose your own.

If you choose your own you'll need to go to this Forum
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000275

which explains how to upload images to the Website.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me, or use the link on the form to send your question to Dave Hannum. He's extremely helpful.

Dennis
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 05:16 AM

Welcome Jason!

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 05:18 AM

Long story... Well It took along time. I typed in "Lighthouse Forums" in google and after clicking twenty-five pages of searching I found it! laugh
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 05:22 PM

Glad to have you Jason laugh You'll find this is just the beginning. If you want to know something, somebody here knows it. Have fun wink
Posted By: Ron

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 06:06 PM

Welcome Jason, hope to see you often here on the forum its great smile
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 06:30 PM

Jason

Welcome to the forum. As was said before, if you have any questions, you should be able to get them answered here.

Looking forward to future posts from you.

God's blessings.

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 08:16 PM

wheland... Thanks for all your help. I don't have a section in my profile about an avater. I need help from an webmaster.

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 10:14 PM

Brother Jason,

I am not a webmaster or cruise Director or a Saint. I fall under the catagory of WACKO, which you may have noticed most of us are. NO PUN INTENDED! Your category is that of a NEWBIE. That's not as bas as it looks! Having said that I am going to take an educated guess about why you don't have a section for an AVATAR. You get that privelege when you reach the status of WACKO! That requires that you have 50 posts here on the forum and you are then automatically made a WACKO and you get to post an avatar! Now that's something to strive for. Imagine telling your flock that you've reached the status of WACKO.

If I'm not right someone will fill in the gaps and you will know for sure.

God bless!

Bert laugh

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 10:28 PM

Thanks Bert. I was starting to think I didn't know what was going on... LOL I have my own message board and I was reading all the Doc files to find my problem here. Thanks for everything... This board is really nice. I am glad I found it.
Posted By: wheland

Re: My Intro... - 12/02/02 11:31 PM

Bert / Jason,

No, Bert, you are correct. If my brain was working correctly last night I would have remembered that.

You cannot set an Avatar until you get to Wacko status.

Jason my instructions will work when you get 50 posts. So think of something to say and start saying it. LOL

Sorry for the confusion.

Dennis
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: My Intro... - 12/03/02 02:55 AM

Hi Jason, glad you found us. smile

Re: My Intro... - 12/03/02 07:50 AM

I thank everyone for such a nice warm welcome. It really means alot to me. It is great to have new friends.

I have been doing some research on lighthouses. I am going to write my first book about them. I am having fun gathering information. Thanks again for this fine forum and I like my new friends. Have a blessed day!!!
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: My Intro... - 12/04/02 09:20 PM

Hi Jason, and welcome aboard. We are certainly glad you found us. By chance, you do know where Rogersville is, do you? I have some family who live there. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tim

Re: My Intro... - 12/04/02 10:09 PM

Yes I live 30 minutes east of Rogersville. laugh
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: My Intro... - 12/09/02 05:56 PM

Just thought I'd let you know the directions work.
Just got my WACKO today and got my AVITAR badge laugh

Re: My Intro... - 12/09/02 06:29 PM

Congratulations on getting to the WACKO Status. I like your avatar. I find them very interesting! As much diversity in Avatars as there are in the collectors. Great group here! Can't say that often enough!

Bert smile
Posted By: lhlover

Re: My Intro... - 12/10/02 05:48 AM

Welcome Jason! I'm sure you will love it here as much as the rest of us. We talk about everything from Lighthouses to . . . well. . . lighthouses. smile We pretty well talk about everything, but everything always seems to turn back to lighthouses. wink

I'm sure you will enjoy joining our family, we love to chat and have fun. And before you know it, you will hit your Wacko post and be just like the rest of us. . . WACKO!!!

Also, Congrats SilverFox51 - nice Avatar! smile Wow! It only took you two years! eek Welcome to the elite of the elite! :p

Re: My Intro... - 12/11/02 07:09 PM

Thanks Bonnie... for the nice warm welcome. I am glad to be around. This is a great place.
© 2024 Collector Forums