LighthouseKeepers.com

Posted By: eastpoint

New member - 01/17/02 05:04 PM

Hello from new jersey. East Point lighthouse is the light closest to me. I have been reading the forums for a while but just decided to join. I enjoy reading all the comments and seeing what lights are available in the marketplace.
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: New member - 01/17/02 05:21 PM

Glad to have to here Eastpoint!! If you have been visiting the forums you know what a great place this is. Now it will be even better with your participation. Welcome !

------------------

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 01-17-2002).]
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: New member - 01/17/02 05:54 PM

Welcome Eastpoint! Glad to have you onboard. I visit the forums at least three times a day and enjoy them very much as I hope you will. Always a pleasure to see new members coming on the forums.

Bert (MtnHkr)

[This message has been edited by MtnHkr (edited 01-17-2002).]
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: New member - 01/17/02 07:29 PM

Welcome aboard Eastpoint! It's always good to see a new face! Don't be a stranger, see you on deck!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New member - 01/17/02 09:27 PM

Hi EP, its good to see another forumite. Feel free to jump in with an opinion, there`s always room for more.

terry
Posted By: Bob M

Re: New member - 01/17/02 11:53 PM

Hi Eastpoint, ...Welcome to the forums. I don't know if you know this but New Jersey has more Harbour Light Collectors than any other State (so I've been told).

It's good to have you aboard!

Bob
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: New member - 01/18/02 12:40 AM

Welcome to the Forums. I was born in Mountainside, NJ and raised in Pennsylvania but saw the light and moved to Florida after retiring fron the Coast Guard. This is a great Forum and a very knowledgeable group of people.

Rich
Posted By: vsnlex

Re: New member - 01/18/02 12:41 AM

Welcome to you Eastpoint.....from the land of NO lighthouses.
Terry
Posted By: wheland

Re: New member - 01/18/02 01:53 AM

Welcome from another NJ collector Eastpoint.

Did you participate in the NJ Lighthouse Challenge in 2000 0r 2001?

If not keep the week end of 10-19/20-02 open.

The NJ Lighthouse Society in conjunction with the individual lighthouses organizations will have the 11 landbased lighthouses open- including East Point.

Also, don't forget there will be a Regional in NJ on 4-6 up in Berkely Heights and the Collectors Show in Atlantic City 4-27/28.

Glad to have you aboard. Don't be shy - drop your thoughts into the mix.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 01-17-2002).]

Re: New member - 01/18/02 02:03 AM

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 01-17-2002).]
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: New member - 01/18/02 02:08 AM

Welcome aboard!

__
/im
Posted By: eastpoint

Re: New member - 01/18/02 03:39 AM

Thanks for all the welcome aboard messages.

Yes Dennis my wife and I did the NJ Lighthouse challenge this year. We started out by driving to Sandy Hook on Sat and came down the coast and finished the day at Cape May. Started on Sunday with the Tinicum Range then Fort Mott and finished at EAST POINT. We also attended the Collectors reunion in Baltimore so it was a busy two weekends.

Looking forward to the regional event but don't quite know how to get there from south jersey.

Re: New member - 01/18/02 04:34 AM

We may have met then.

I'm a volunteer at Sandy hook and was volunteering for the Challenge on the Saturday at Sandy Hook. Shirin, who is also on this list also was there on that Saturday.

My wife and I Volunteered at Hereford Inlet on Sunday. I did the Challenge in 2000 (she could only make one day each year).

I can also give you directions to the Regional- after all it's what I do all day long. I work as a Travel counselor at AAA.

The simple way takes you a little out of the way but keeps you on major highways. The complicated way is shorter, but takes you thru many turns at the end.

Here's the simple way-

Take Rt 55 to I-295 take this until it changes to I-95 (at the intersection with US 1 near Trenton) continue on I-95 to the Exit for RT 206 North.
Continue on Rt 206 thru the Somerville Circle (stay to the right for the Exit for RT 22/ I-287. As you get to the top of the ramp get over to the left as soon as you can because that's the direction for I-287 North. Take I-287 North .

When the road divides stay in the right hand lanes. Take I-78 East to Exit 40.

Make a left at top of exit ramp onto Hillcrest Road. Continue on through blinking light baring SLIGHTY left to end. Make a right on Valley Road. Follow Valley (road changes name to Springfield) for 1.5 miles. Make a left on River Road. The first left past Berkeley Plaza.

This will bring you to the site of the Regional. It should take about 2 hrs and 45 minutes from Millville.

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me directly. wheland@juno.com

Dennis
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: New member - 01/18/02 05:39 AM

Hi Eastpoint and welcome aboard. We are happy you have decided to join in!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: RFoster

Re: New member - 01/20/02 07:30 PM

Hi eastpoint. Welcome to the collector forums. Are you looking for any lighthouses in particular on the marketplace? From time to time some of the members of New England Lighthouse Lovers (NELL)have lights that they want to sell and I also receive emails from others who want to buy or sell Harbour Lights. Maybe the folks here on the forums can help youfind what you are looking for.

I had the opportunity to visit East Point LH on the way home from the HL Reunion in Oct. I was pleased to see all of the work that had been done on the lighthouse. The previous time I had been there the walkway around the lantern room was hanging down and there was much that needed repair. Are you involved with the group who is responsible for the restoration of East Point?

I look forward to your future posts here, where we are all like family.

"Keeping The Flame Alive in New England"
Ron
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New member - 01/30/02 02:23 AM

Eastpoint is truly a beautiful Light. The forum is great to enjoy L/H info and much Fun.

Welcome!!
Posted By: jessgordon

Re: New member - 01/31/02 04:37 AM

Welcome! You'll love it here.
Posted By: Nana

Re: New member - 01/31/02 05:10 AM

Welcome and may your posts be many!
Derith
Posted By: Digger

Re: New member - 01/31/02 02:06 PM

Welcome Eastpoint
Posted By: Rusty

Re: New member - 02/18/02 06:15 AM

Eastpoint,

Welcome aboard!

Rusty
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: New member - 02/19/02 03:17 AM

Eastpoint,

Sorry for the late welcome but know that we are all glad to have you join in on the forum discussions. You can't find a greater group of people anywhere on the internet like we have here. Thanks for joining and I look forward to reading your posts. God bless and happy lighthousing!!

Dale
© 2024 Collector Forums