LighthouseKeepers.com

New to forum

Posted By: rakramer

New to forum - 04/16/02 07:59 PM

I'm new to this forum and thought I would say Hi. Looking forward to talking to others with like interests.

Ruth
Posted By: LamarB

Re: New to forum - 04/16/02 08:17 PM

Welcome Ruth! You've certainly come to the right place!
Posted By: wheland

Re: New to forum - 04/16/02 09:14 PM

Ruth,

Welcome! Look around, ask questions, post opinions. Have fun.

Don't hesitate to do any of the above. We have experts in everything- and some of them are even right sometimes.

Dennis
Posted By: eastpoint

Re: New to forum - 04/16/02 09:30 PM

Ruth

Welcome to the home of the Harbourlights Wackos. Dennis is right in that you will surely find the answers to your questions and maybe even the right ones.

Hank
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: New to forum - 04/16/02 09:35 PM

Welcome Ruth! This is the place to be if you love lighthouses! Don't be a stranger, you are amongst friends! Lots of friendly and helpful people here!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: New to forum - 04/16/02 09:51 PM

Welcome to you from one Ruth to another Ruthie...This is a really fun place to hang out...hope to hear more from you.

Ruthie
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: New to forum - 04/16/02 10:50 PM

Hi Ruth, you`ve made it to the best forum.

terry
Posted By: Mitch

Re: New to forum - 04/16/02 10:58 PM

Welcome aboard, Ruth!
Posted By: TexasLights

Re: New to forum - 04/17/02 12:26 AM

Welcome Ruth! As I'm sure you've noticed...the people here know a lot about lighthouses plus they have a great sense of humor. Happy posting.

Terry
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: New to forum - 04/17/02 12:56 AM

Welcome Ruth to the Forums from the great stae of Florida. It's great to have another member that will be adding their wisdom.

Rich
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New to forum - 04/17/02 02:54 AM

Glad to have you aboard!

Ned
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: New to forum - 04/17/02 04:47 AM

Hi Ruth, and welcome aboard. We are certainly glad you have joined us!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: Dave H

Re: New to forum - 04/17/02 06:19 AM

Welcome Aboard, Ruth. What kind of background do you bring? Lighthouse lover, Harbour Lights collector, or both? Lots and lots of great people here and as much information as you would ever want!

Dave
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: New to forum - 04/17/02 08:07 AM

Hi Ruth,

Glad that you joined the Forums. As has been said already, you will find a great deal of information about lighthouses and particularly Harbour Lights. Your input to the different threads is very much wanted. It is always good to get fresh new ideas, so post often.

This is the best site anywhere on the internet. It is the special people you will find here that makes it so. Now you are one of them. Welcome!

Dale
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: New to forum - 04/17/02 02:48 PM

Welcome Ruth,

Glad to have you with us. Great family here on the forums. Lots of great information too!

Re: New to forum - 04/17/02 11:17 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've been a Lighthose lover for some time, but I really don't have that much of a collection, but hopefully will be able to add to what I do have.

I downloaded the screensaver yesterday and absolutely love it!

Ruth
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: New to forum - 04/18/02 05:59 AM

Welcome Ruth from Wisconsin! Iron River in the UP? Wonderful country!

Suzanne Murphy

Re: New to forum - 04/18/02 08:35 AM

Suzanne
Yes, Iron River is a small town in the UP. It is nice country.

Ruth
Posted By: RFoster

Re: New to forum - 04/19/02 12:07 AM

A Warm Welcome to you Ruth. I look forward to reading your future posts. I'm hoping that someday MJ and I get the chance to visit your neck of the woods, we have never been to that part of the country.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: New to forum - 04/19/02 02:24 AM

I've been to all the Iron cities in the UP.. Ironwood, Iron Mountain, Iron River. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another one hiding in the lower part of Michigan. I don't know the lower part of Michigan as well as the UP. Besides lighthousing in the UP, I have also been to numerous waterfalls and many copper and iron mines. Have you visited most of the lighthouses in the UP, around Lake Superior, around Lake Michigan?

Suzanne
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: New to forum - 04/19/02 05:21 AM

Welcome Ruth,

I'm planning my first trip to the UP in the fall. After all the suggestions I've gotten, it seems like I'll have to make it an annual trip.

- Tammy (A Minnesota Newbie)

Re: New to forum - 04/20/02 05:30 AM

Hi Ron,
It is beautiful country! Also wanted to mention we lived in Groton for 13 years while my hubby was stationed in New London on the USS Fulton and also stationed on the Sub-base in Groton. I really liked CT.

Suzanne,
I don't think there is one hiding in Lower Michigan. Have you ever been to Iron River, WI? I guess it is on US 2 also. A lot of people get confused with all the different Iron's. Actually, we haven't visited as many as I would like too. Right now hubby is unemployed so we stay pretty close to home. We really like the Charlevoix/Petosky area in the Northern part of the UP.

Tammy,
I'm sure you will really enjoy visiting the UP.There is a lot to see and the colors are beautiful in the fall.

Ruth

Re: New to forum - 04/23/02 02:01 PM

Welcome Ruth-
Know you will enjoy this forum and it's members.
I also plan a L/H trip to your area this year.
Happy Lighthousing!!!

Harry

Re: New to forum - 04/30/02 02:40 AM

Welcome Ruth! I keep planning to get up your direction to photograph the lighthouses and always seem to get distracted by those I run into on the way up. Oh well, one of these days I'll get there too!

If you've got some photos of the lighthouses up in your corner of Michigan, please share them on the lighthouse photography forum!

Gary
aka lighthouse_photo
© 2024 Collector Forums