LighthouseKeepers.com

I'm new here......

Posted By: Shepherd62

I'm new here...... - 11/03/00 07:45 PM

At the suggestion of one of your members (JChidester)....I came here looking for someone who may be interested in some lighthouses that I have. I'm not a collecter, per se........but, I've had a couple of sets for 5 years and a couple of Christmas pieces and a couple of club sets because I used to be a dealer and kept these pieces when I sold my business in 1997. I came here looking for folks who are interested in Harbourlights...it appears this might be the place........I've managed to visit a couple of lighthouses in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...one was White Fish Point and the other...Iroquois...(I believe)...very beautiful and intriguing.......
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/03/00 10:13 PM

Well, I'll say my welcome here too Shepherd...

...Keep in mind the Marketplace is the one Forum where we accept buy/sell/trade posts.

You'll find lots of people from the Great Lakes area here and one or two for whom Whitefish Point is about as close to nirvana as one can get.

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/03/00 10:17 PM

Thanks again.........I understand....(marketplace is the place)....What a pleasant place this is..friendly folks...and helpful too....
Posted By: LamarB

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/03/00 11:16 PM

Welcome Shepherd62!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shepherd62:
What a pleasant place this is..friendly folks...and helpful too....

That's why John has the word 'Saint' under his name. There are other Saints here, too.

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/03/00 11:47 PM

How could I have missed that "Saint"....but, now that my eyes have become accustomed to the light in here......I'd say...A Saint by any other name...would no doubt be a Cruise Director........
I'm beginning to wish I was a continuing lighthouse collector...instead of an ending one...just so I could stay in here and visit..
Posted By: Art

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/04/00 01:27 AM

Welcome, Shep. Don't feel you have to run off now just because you are selling a few lighthouses. All are welcome. If you have any interest at all in lighthouses, this is a great place to be. In fact, there is information and theory presented here that may interest you as a collector of just about anything. For more on this last subject, check out the Secondary Market and Fog Signal Building Forums in particular. Welcome again.

------------------
-Art
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/04/00 02:04 AM

Hi Shepherd62, glad to hear you`re with us.

Terry
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/04/00 02:04 AM

Welcome, Shepherd62!

You have found THE "lighthouse" website!!!

We are approximately 5 hours southeast from you in Petoskey, Mi. Welcome again...and MICHIGAN has 116 lighthouses to visit and explore! Enjoy!
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/04/00 02:17 AM

Oops!!! That is what happens when you watch all of the political news and type at the same time......UGH!!! Houghton LAKE, MI. not Houghton, MI.

Welcome, Shepherd62! Houghton LAKE, MI. is 90 miles southeast from Petoskey, MI....

I think JChidester thought he took the wrong
road in Michigan, and ended up in the Upper
Peninsula, instead of the Lower Peninsula!! WHEW!!!
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/04/00 02:20 AM

Welcome Shepherd62! There are many wonderful lights in the Great Lakes to visit! Whitefish Point is very nice lighthouse and museum.

Suzanne

[This message has been edited by Suzanne Murphy (edited 11-03-2000).]
Posted By: lkeasyliving

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/04/00 02:38 AM

Welcome shepherd62 from another fellow Michigander you will find a lot of imfo here
Larry
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/04/00 03:07 AM

Hi Shepherd. Welcome aboard! We are certainly glad you have come to pay us a visit, and hope you stay a while. There are a lot of wonderful people who frequent these Forums. Not an active collector? That's okay... we still value your input.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
[img]http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/torchbearer55/Octopuss[/img]

Re: I'm new here...... - 11/04/00 03:36 AM

Well for heaven's sake............I don't know where all you folks were when I came in...but you surely are a friendly bunch....I was just about to correct you,Bright Eyes, about the location of Petoskey from here...but then you corrected yourself...many people mistake Houghton and Houghton Lake....I understand the man, Houghton, was a surveyer...and on his way through Michigan stopped at quite a few places...I never knew how many lighthouses grace the shores of Michigan until I started carrying Harbour Lights in my store...My favorite is Big Red at Holland....It's a beauty...
© 2024 Collector Forums