LighthouseKeepers.com

Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz?

Posted By: Nana

Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz? - 05/03/04 02:09 AM

The plans are in the works for an Alcatraz climb on Monday,. July 5th. Advance tickets need to be purchased for the first tour out to Alcatraz. If you are planning on going to the San Fran Regional and are going to be in the area on Monday, the 5th, let me know here.

Derith
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz? - 05/03/04 06:14 AM

Count us in Derith. We will be in the Bay area for a week after the Regional. We've been out to see Alcatraz before and going again for a climb would be fantastic! laugh laugh
Posted By: dkhemming

Re: Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz? - 05/04/04 06:58 PM

Hey Nana,
Count us in too. Were not leaving out until Tuesday the 6th. Sounds great!

Dave & Kate smile smile smile
Posted By: smcclure

Re: Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz? - 05/11/04 01:39 PM

Count me in for the Alcatraz Climb and please send me further information when available. How much time should I set aside for this venture on Monday the 5th? Thanks, Scott
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz? - 05/12/04 01:46 AM

One of these days I'm going to be able to on one of these special trips. As it is right now, I'll be riding a Fire Engine for my department in a 4th of July Parade (on the 5th). It's only been six months since I was at Alcatraz, but I'd sure like to go back, especially to climb it. Oh well. Somebody please take pictures for me.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz? - 05/12/04 04:25 AM

Here you go, Jared

and from the lantern room:

Posted By: pierhead

Re: Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz? - 05/13/04 02:54 AM

Thanks Dave. We went on the night-time tour at Alcatraz, and it was absolutely phenomenal. Although we weren't able to see as much of the island as I was hoping, it was one of the highlights of our trip. Standing at the base of the tower and looking at San Francisco at night was something I'll always remember. Climbing the tower would've been the icing on the cake. Maybe some day. smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Have you always wanted to climb Alcatraz? - 05/13/04 03:54 AM

We also did a night time tour of Alcatraz when we were there on spring break 3 years ago. Very interesting to see the place at night. What really bummed me out was there was a beautiful sunset highlighting the Golden Gate Bridge and the boat was going around the wrong end of the island so no pictures.
© 2024 Collector Forums