LighthouseKeepers.com

Mother's Day Event

Posted By: rscroope

Mother's Day Event - 04/14/99 05:49 PM

Just realized the May 9th Event at Medford Card & Gifts, Medford, Long Island, NY at 2-4pm is Mother's Day.
Bummer!
Wife, Mother, Mother-in-Law and Bill.
I hope they all understand!!! LOL
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Mother's Day Event - 04/16/99 03:54 PM

Mother's Day? Perfect, Bob -- just buy them each a Harbour Lights (Pick ones you've been going to buy, but haven't yet.)
Posted By: sidd

Re: Mother's Day Event - 04/18/99 04:39 PM

Better yet, load them up with your favorite pieces, take them along to get them signed and for the inconvenience, tell them this is the best "Father's Day present" or Birthday present ever. They can't grumble with you being so gushingly grateful. Or take them and buy them an HL, sign it and explain to your Moms the historic preservation aspect not to mention the investment quality because you are looking out for them "in their old age".

------------------
Sidd

[This message has been edited by sidd (edited 04-18-99).]

Re: Mother's Day Event - 05/03/99 01:48 PM

We spotted two advertisements in Newsday over the weekend about Bill's signing this Sunday.
Actually my wife spotted the first one in Saturday's paper - "Hey, isn't this the guy you know from Harbour Lights." (Bill has been very kind to my children.) So I guess I can sneak out in between Mothers visits and see BY.

Re: Mother's Day Event - 05/06/99 02:49 PM

All right Long Island who's going?

------------------
Long Island BOB

[This message has been edited by rscroope (edited 05-06-99).]
Posted By: Lighthousedude

Re: Mother's Day Event - 05/10/99 12:48 PM

Helo Bob (and other collectors),

Mike the "Newbie" here.

Stopped by the Medford signing Mothers Day. Couldn't stay to long, it was Moms Day after all. I had a brief chat with Bill while he was signing my Old Field Christmas piece. I found him to be a very nice person (first time I met him).

I didn't by the Kilauea Point LH at this event, I'm saving it for the Oct. 31st in Huntington event because it's very close to my birthday (hint!).

Any other Long Islanders there yesterday??

What did you all think??

Re: Mother's Day Event - 05/10/99 02:08 PM

I was at the signing yesterday, and renewed acquaintances with Bill. As usual he was very friendly and cordial.
I asked him about the rumored Cape Hatteras move HL, and he said it was a pretty sure thing, and that he was going down there with his camera on May 13th. He also said that he was in contact with the firm moving the light. BY said there would be a lot of steel rails on the HL.
Then I asked him if he had brought any minatures with him. He asked me how I knew about them, that they were suppose to be a secret. He said to me, "I didn't see you at Long Beach." He then told me the official unveiling would be at Rosemount.

Nothing really new but a second sighting of what was rumored at LOng Beach!

------------------
Long Island BOB

[This message has been edited by rscroope (edited 05-10-99).]
Posted By: mombo

Re: Mother's Day Event - 05/11/99 02:49 AM

Guess if BY wants to know stuff he's got to read the forums - lol!
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Mother's Day Event - 05/11/99 03:40 AM

Hi Bob, ... I attended a "Nancy Signing" in Plymouth, Massachusetts just over a week ago and asked Nancy about the minis. She asked where I heard about them. I advised her on the "net". She kept a pretty good poker face saying she hadn't heard anything about the proposed minis. We'll have to get Maureen to show her where to go on the computer to find information first hand about Harbour Lights...lol!

Bob
© 2024 Collector Forums