LighthouseKeepers.com

Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend?

Posted By: Webmaster

Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/22/99 01:55 AM

Anybody get to see Bill last week at his two stops in Michigan? Holland and Traverse City?

Like to hear how it went.
Posted By: Al and Kathy

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/22/99 07:27 AM

John, according to the calendar Bill was in Northport, Traverse City, and Kalamazoo in Michigan. I had to look it up since we were in Holland this weekend - I would have been upset if we had been that close and hadn't stopped in to see BY.

Kathy
Posted By: drwhok9

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/23/99 06:20 AM

This does not answer the question posed in this post, but I just thought I would respond and help fill up this forum post.

I was not able to travel to the northern part of Michigan to see Bill, but I am waiting for Sept. for his return to Mi. I have already made plans to try and get to the stores he is going to be at near Detroit.
I WILL be get to Saginaw for his visit there. I want to get there because it is my home town and I hope I can get my father to the store to meet Bill. I have talked a lot about Harbour Lights with my father and we look for them when we are able to get together and visit different places. I want to take two or three of my lighthouses to have Bill sign them and I hope to buy some at the signing and get them signed also.
If I remember I will wear my collectors badge and maybe meet some other collectors from these forums there.

Jim.

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/23/99 03:52 PM

I guess I should participate here too.

My Mom and Dad drover over to Nautical Works in Traverse City on Saturday to meet Bill. I got a call late Saturday from Mom who reported it rained hard most of the day, but they did get there and met Bill and Paul Brady. Not much detail provided beyond that.

John
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/23/99 04:56 PM

Hey Jim,

I will be at the event in Saginaw, MI come September 19th as well. Block's Hallmark is one of my primary dealers and I wouldn't miss an event there! In fact I would be in trouble if I missed it. I'll be the wacko wearing my "connected collector" badge. See you there!

-Todd

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/27/99 06:12 AM

Well, got a letter from Mom & Dad today with a photo enclosed, thought I'd share it with everyone. It was taken the 17th at Nautical Works in Traverse City.

Left to write, my Father John, My Mother Zaida, and Bill

Not sure who the lady is over Bill's left shoulder.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 07-27-99).]
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/27/99 06:45 AM

...Not sure who the lady is over Bill's left shoulder...

No wonder Bill is smiling. LOL
Rod Watson
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/27/99 02:52 PM

The lady over Bill's left shoulder certainly adds a different perspective to that photo. Great idea on the part of the HL Dealer to add an "attention getter" to the HL Display. Makes you wonder if they are LEs or OEs.

LOL !

Bob
Posted By: QC

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 07/27/99 07:36 PM

Maybe it is Bill's sister Roberta. I think they have gotton closer since Bob's passing.
Take Care,
QC
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Who saw Bill in Michigan last weekend? - 08/04/99 02:44 AM

Are you sure that picture was taken at Nautical Works ? Maybe your parents took Bill out for a couple beers and a plate of hot wings, or maybe the floor show was just starting at Nautical Works as the picture was being taken.
They probably had a lot to talk about, considdering that all three of them have probably have a lot in common. Your parents were probably wondering how you were doing and what kind of people you are hanging out with.
© 2024 Collector Forums