LighthouseKeepers.com

Susan Hannum Passes

Posted By: flacoastie

Susan Hannum Passes - 10/20/21 06:45 PM

I received an email this morning from our Webmaster Dave Hannum informing me that his wife had just passed away. I will include a portion of the email in this post, but, since Dave is a very private person, he asks that you do not let this information be posted on gossip websites but feel free to let other collectors know:

"I have to share sad news with you. Unfortunately, things progressed very quickly over the past few weeks leading to Susan entering hospice. This morning Susan lost her 9 month battle with cancer. She has been in the hospital in hospice care since early last Thursday morning. We were very fortunate to be in the care of some excellent, caring nurses and other staff. One of the hospitalist doctors was able to arrange for her to be admitted to the hospital and stay through her passing rather than be discharged after three days as is normal. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers you all have shared with us over the past few months. They have meant a lot to us. We are tentatively planning a celebration of life for next Saturday, October 30th. As we get things set up I will let everyone know."
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Susan Hannum Passes - 10/29/21 07:26 PM

Dave, My deepest sympathies on the passing of your wife Sue. I will keep Sue, you, and your family in my prayers. God bless you !!!
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Susan Hannum Passes - 11/01/21 09:53 PM

At our age this becomes a more of a common occurrence of facing death. But when it hits close to home it is devastating.. It is a change of our lives forever. Just letting you know I care and am thinking of you and what you are going through.
© 2024 Collector Forums