LighthouseKeepers.com

Pray For The Babineaus

Posted By: flacoastie

Pray For The Babineaus - 03/18/20 05:03 PM

I just wanted everyone to know that I had Roland's permission to post this thread. I have copied the email that Roland sent out Tuesday to his customers.

Hi all,

As some of you are aware, this has been a very trying year for us, both personally and professionally. This note is to keep everyone informed of what is happening here, especially those of you who may not have heard from me for a while.

After a few months of pain and health issues, my wife Karen was diagnosed with kidney and ureter cancer in January. At that time it seemed that the cancer was contained within that area and plans were made for the removal of the kidney and the ureter. Before the surgery, extreme pain in her back forced numerous trips to the emergency room and more tests were conducted and higher doses of pain killers prescribed. Those follow-up tests revealed that the cancer had spread to other areas of her back, as well as the spine. The surgery for the organ removal was cancelled and an appointment was made for her to see an oncologist. However, before that date arrived, she once again was forced to the ER with excruciating pain and had a week's stay in the hospital. While there, a procedure was done to remove a piece of bone in the spine and a biopsy was taken of the tumor. It has been determined that there is cancer in the bone and the prognosis is that it is most probably terminal. We are in the process of developing a treatment plan at this time.

The reason that I have passed on the above information is to let you know to have patience and understanding with us at this time, and prayers for her are absolutely welcomed. Thank you!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Pray For The Babineaus - 03/20/20 01:43 AM

Roland and family will be in our thoughts and prayers during this time as they work to develop a treatment plan for Karen.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Pray For The Babineaus - 03/21/20 08:44 PM

Roland
This has to be the worst time of your life to watch your wife suffer and most of us can't even imagine the pain your wife is going through.
Of course my prayers with you, your wife and all involved.
Posted By: cclighthousebuff

Re: Pray For The Babineaus - 03/23/20 10:33 PM

Roland, My prayers go out to both of you. This is a humbling time for all of us. Best wishes.
Posted By: Rock

Re: Pray For The Babineaus - 03/31/20 02:09 PM

Prayers and healing vibes heading your way, Roland.
© 2024 Collector Forums