LighthouseKeepers.com

R.I.P. John Chidester

Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

R.I.P. John Chidester - 03/25/18 06:22 AM

Suzanne Murphy posted this note onto the Harbour Lights Facebook page...
John Chidester passed on February 12, 2018
I just saw that Marta Labus posted on John Chidester facebook page:
"I am very sad to say that John Chidester passed on February 12, 2018. He had been in and out of the hospital since December 27, 2017. His memorial service was held February 23, 2018. Photos from his award-winning Mingus Camp cookbook were displayed at the service and the reception following."
Posted By: Rock

Re: R.I.P. John Chidester - 03/25/18 07:56 AM

Rest in Peace, John.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: R.I.P. John Chidester - 03/25/18 08:57 AM

I'm sure that he will be missed on the Forums, even though since selling the Forums to us, he has not frequented them very much.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: R.I.P. John Chidester - 03/27/18 07:55 PM

Everyone who reads, or has read, the material contained within the Collector Forums owes John a debt of gratitude. Beginning with his AOL board, then continuing into the creation of these Forums John created a place for collectors of Harbour Lights and lovers of lighthouses. Over the years there have been many spirited discussions about Harbour Lights and the many models it produced. We were able to do this because John took the initiative to create this site and kept it going for many years. There is less participation today, but people still benefit.

RIP John, and thanks for the Collector Forums.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: R.I.P. John Chidester - 03/31/18 08:30 PM

Dave you are so right. I feel that the Creator of this forum is not getting the recognition he deserves so I wrote a history of Johns involvement with this forum and harbour Lights. See "The General Forum"
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: R.I.P. John Chidester - 04/02/18 10:33 AM

Rest in peace John..... THANK YOU !!!
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: R.I.P. John Chidester - 04/04/18 03:53 PM

Was sorry to see this. Harkens back to the "good old days" of Harbour Lights collecting.
© 2024 Collector Forums