LighthouseKeepers.com

Sick kitty and I.O.

Posted By: mombo

Sick kitty and I.O. - 07/30/11 03:34 AM

Just wanted to let you folks know that I.O. is in the hospital for Arterial Fibulation (elevated and eratic heatbeat). They are trying to treat it with medication. If that doesn't work they'll put in a pacemaker.

Also my last cat (can you believe I'm down to one?) is diabetic and needs insulin shots twice a day.

Guess who's the easier patient????
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Sick kitty and I.O. - 07/30/11 04:29 AM

Sue said she is putting I.O. on her church's prayer chain.. You and I.O. are in our thoughts and prayers, Mombo.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Sick kitty and I.O. - 07/30/11 04:34 AM

Sue & IO, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

ps Rob C was asking about you.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Sick kitty and I.O. - 07/30/11 04:06 PM

We will keep IO and the kitty in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Sick kitty and I.O. - 07/30/11 04:32 PM

Mombo,

Appreciate your message, and all the prayers and good wishes for you, I.O. and kitty sending your way!

Post when you can!

Mary

Posted By: Bob M

Re: Sick kitty and I.O. - 08/01/11 11:47 PM

I hope everything turns out okay, Sue.

Bob
Posted By: mombo

Re: Sick kitty and I.O. - 08/27/11 05:27 AM

Well first off I got it wrong. It's Atrial Fibrillation or AFib for short. Hard to pronounce in any event. I.O. did wind up with a pacemaker and oxygen when he came home. He had his first check up today with the doctor. He's doing fine and is off the oxygen too.

Sweetie the cat had to have an increase in his insulin dosage and will have to go back to the vet in a couple of weeks to see if it's the right amount. He doesn't seem to mind the shots, as they're followed by a treat!

Thanks for your concern.
© 2024 Collector Forums