LighthouseKeepers.com

Retirement

Posted By: dwood

Retirement - 01/22/01 06:15 AM

I retired on 1/3 after 33+ years with the Federal Government. Plan to have time to travel more and visit lots of lighthouses. Since my rule is I don't get a Harbour Lights til I've visited the lighthouse, there should be many more HLs I can get. Hope I can afford this!

Dixie
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Retirement - 01/22/01 06:32 AM

Congratulations, Dixie! Hope you enjoy your retirement of lighthousing. We will look forward to hearing of your advenures.

Dave
Posted By: mombo

Re: Retirement - 01/22/01 06:57 PM

Congratulations Dixie on your retirement! The best is yet to come, enjoy!
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Retirement - 01/22/01 08:10 PM

Congratulations Dixie on your recent retirement. I wish you all the best!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Retirement - 01/22/01 08:20 PM

Dixie,
Congratulations on your retirement. Hope you have a great time traveling and visiting lighthouses.

------------------
Randall Ronne
Posted By: wheland

Re: Retirement - 01/22/01 10:01 PM

Dixie,

I hope you enjoy your retirement. There are plenty of lights out there to visit.Take your time and do them right.

I retired from the State of NJ in july, but my wife made me an offer I could not refuse- get a job. So I did.

Dennis
Posted By: Joanne

Re: Retirement - 01/22/01 10:07 PM

Dixie,

Congratulations on your retirement after 33 years of working. Enjoy your time and travel.

Joanne
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Retirement - 01/23/01 12:52 AM

Dixie,

I envy you! Only 30 some odd years to go for me! Enjoy

Mike
Posted By: Rich

Re: Retirement - 01/23/01 01:44 AM

Congratulations Dixie. 33 years is a long time and I know you will enjoy your retirement. I just recently retired after 37 years with a bank. I too am looking to visit more lighthouses. I hope to run into you at one!! Best of Luck.

Rich
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Retirement - 01/23/01 02:10 AM

Congrats Dixie! Enjoy your retirement! That's what life is all about.

Bob
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Retirement - 01/23/01 03:10 AM

Congrats Dixie,

You have earned the right to go lighthousing. Take you time and enjoy them. If you come to Michigan let us know we will take you for pictures of Big Red and the Grand Haven lights.

2beacons
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Retirement - 01/23/01 03:38 AM

Congratulations Dixie. I couldn't live on one retirement, so now I'm closing in on #2. The Coast Guard pays for my house including insurance, utilities and phone. College of the Redwoods pays for food & clothes. Guess I'll have to keep working for Harbour Lights.

Enjoy yourself.

Rich (the one in California)

------------------
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Retirement - 01/23/01 04:18 AM

Way to go Dixie...My husband and myself are retired now too and I can't say enough about how great it is... We too only buy lighthouses we have visited and believe me it can get expensive, but it so much fun... The very best to you...

Ruthie
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Retirement - 01/23/01 05:05 AM

Congrats on your retirement Dixie! I hope you enjoy your newly found free time....

Myself, 20 years to go...

-Todd
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Retirement - 01/23/01 06:59 PM

Enjoy your retirement Dixie. I would love to think about it, but 2 kids in college and 1 in high school brings me back to reality!
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Retirement - 01/24/01 03:03 AM

Congrats Dixie! Always glad to see that another person has found that light at the end of the tunnel! I can only see the light from a distance! 14 more years for me!

[This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 01-23-2001).]
Posted By: Brent

Re: Retirement - 01/24/01 04:12 AM

Congratulations, Dixie!! I envy your new-found freedom to visit all those wonderful "lights" out there. ENJOY!!!
Posted By: NiagaraLady

Re: Retirement - 01/24/01 04:38 AM

Congratulations and ENJOY lighthousing!!! This is the benefit of all those 33 years....
Posted By: Nana

Re: Retirement - 01/24/01 04:40 AM

Dixie,

Congratulations on retiring. Come on down to Florida to see some of our lights real soon.
Derith
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Retirement - 01/24/01 06:34 AM

Dixie, congratulations and happy lighthousing. If you are ever out our way I would be happy to show you some of the wonderful lighthouses we have in CT.

"Keeping The Flame in New England"
Ron
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Retirement - 01/24/01 02:55 PM

I wish I was with DIXIE - HURRAY - HURRAY!
Enjoy.
Posted By: KT

Re: Retirement - 01/24/01 11:43 PM

Congrats! Three years, nine months, and five days and I'll join your ranks (but who is counting!). Two words for your lighthouse travel destination - NEW ENGLAND!

------------------
Ken T
Posted By: easya

Re: Retirement - 01/25/01 12:35 AM

Congrats Dixie - I'll join you in 1 1/2 years. God willing.
- Joe
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Retirement - 01/25/01 04:43 AM

Quote:
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle.

Albert Einstein

Enjoy your retirement.
© 2024 Collector Forums