LighthouseKeepers.com

Beware, personal horn tooting

Posted By: Larry

Beware, personal horn tooting - 08/24/03 04:08 AM

Last month it was the Harford County Farm Fair .

This weekend was the beginning of the Maryland State Fair. I entered my Concord Point sunset picture and Kristin's West Quoddy pencil drawing again, but neither won this time.

However, at that farm fair, I took some pictures of sleeping piglets. I played with the picture in Photoshop, cropped to where I liked and flipped it to black and white. The problem was, we couldn't decide which we liked better, color or black and white. So, we matted and framed them both and entered them both. I thought that entering the same photo in two categories might hurt my chances.

Well, the results are in......

A Red Second Place Ribbon (and $6.00) in the 'Color Digital Photography, Birds and Animals other than Pets' category:

And Blue First Place Ribbon and a big purple Champion Ribbon (and $7.00) in the 'Black and White Digital Photography, Birds and Animals other than Pets' category:

So that's another $13.00 to bring my total to $17.00. I can't earn anymore than $183.00 more dollars, or the state will consider me a professional. laugh
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 08/24/03 04:27 AM

Well, congratulations, Larry. You've earned enough to go out and buy Kristin a Little Light! Wonder if both catagories had the same judge?

Dave
Posted By: Shirin

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 08/24/03 02:45 PM

Congrats on the latest wins. I wouldn't have been able to pick my favorite either. How cute!
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 09/11/03 09:20 AM

Great Pictures Larry, Congrats on the big win!!!
laugh

Dale
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 09/11/03 02:34 PM

We're all proud of you, Larry! There is never a need to be shy here at the CF! Congratulations!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 09/11/03 04:28 PM

Congratulations Larry! cool smile

Judy
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 09/11/03 07:20 PM

Topic: Beware, personal horn tooting

Shouldn't that be 'Oinking or Snorting', Larry?
congrats,
Bob
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 09/12/03 04:14 PM

Congratulations Larry.

Bert smile
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 09/12/03 11:13 PM

Great pictures... cool When I first looked I saw just two little piggies...but at closer look I see another little snout in the middle just under the leg. laugh So the title of this picture should be THREE LITTLE PIGS
Ruthie smile
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Beware, personal horn tooting - 09/27/03 07:25 PM

You da man Larry !
Great pic !
© 2024 Collector Forums