LighthouseKeepers.com

A Prayer Request For My Wife Please

Posted By: Anonymous

A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 01:40 PM

On November 1st my wife Michelle found out she has colon cancer, On November 8th she had a section of the colon removed. She will soon begin chemotherapy to drive off this terrible disease. So please keep Michelle and our whole family in your prayers.

Thank You, Mark Wagner
Posted By: rscroope

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 03:11 PM

Mark, Michelle and family, you'll be in our prayers. God Bless,
Bob & MaryAnn
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 03:29 PM

God bless Michelle, Mark and the Wagner family. You will all be in my prayers.
Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 03:50 PM

Mark, Michelle, you, and your familiy will definitely be in my prayers to help you through this terrible event.

Gary
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 03:58 PM

Yes Mark your wife and family will be in my prayers daylie. May God Bless her future and give you the understanding to cope with what ever the Lord has instore for her.

Stephanie
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 04:58 PM

All of you will be in our prayers. May God's presence be with each of you during these trying times.

Bert + Sharon wink
Posted By: Dave H

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 05:12 PM

Mark,

Michelle and the whole family will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers.

Dave
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 06:59 PM

Mark, my family has been there as well, so we'll remember you in our prayers, remember: "On the mountain of the Lord, it will be provided."
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 07:00 PM

Mark, Michelle, & family...our prayers are with you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: eskilady

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 07:06 PM

Good luck, Michelle!! Keep your spirits up! We are all thinking of you and your family and praying for your quick recovery!

Eskilady
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 10:26 PM

Michelle, Mark and Family, You will be remembered in my prayers. Judy
Posted By: Bob M

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 10:40 PM

I was shocked to hear the news, Mark. My sister was also striken with colon cancer just about two years ago. It came as a total surprise and without warning. My sister spent a week in the hospital followed by six months of chemo.

It wasn't an easy thing to go through. I'm very happy to say she is a cancer survivor and doing fine now.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and Michelle, and your kids during this difficult time. Be strong and keep a very positive attitude to get you through it.

I'm also a cancer survivor and I credit early detection by my alert physician as saving my life. The sooner they find the problem, the sooner they can fix it. Give our best to Michelle during this difficult time.

Lorna & Bob McKeon
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/14/02 10:48 PM

Mark, we know this will be a very difficult time for Michelle, you and your family...keep the faith and your spirits up..I've always heard that a positive attitude helps you get through times such as these. Our prayers are with you all too. God bless.
Ruthie & Terry
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 12:23 AM

My prayers for comfort and healing go out to your family. Stay focused and positive in the Lords love.
Pam
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 12:44 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with Michelle and Mark, for a quick and complete recovery.
Posted By: ape

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 02:06 AM

Michelle,
Please always think positive as you go through the chemo. I truly believe positive thinking helps your body get through difficult times like this. May God watch over you and keep you safe in His love during this difficult time.

John & Mary
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 02:33 AM

Michelle and Mark, You are in our prayers. We have added you to our Church's prayer chain as well. May God protect and comfort you through your treatment and ultimately cure you.
Sue and Paul
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 02:48 AM

Amy and myself will keep you and Michelle in our prayers daily until all is well. Please keep us informed.

Rich
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 03:13 AM

Mark, Michelle and family. My God bless you and keep you in his arms. We just pray that he will remove all of the cancer and return Michelle to health.

You will be in our prayers and we will put you on the prayer chain at church.

My God bless you and keep you in his favor.
Posted By: mombo

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 04:27 AM

Mark, along with everyone else I wish you, Michele and the kids all the best during this difficult time. You will certainly be in my thoughts.
Posted By: Nana

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 04:56 AM

Mark,
I've been away from the Forums for a while and just read your post. Please know that my husband and I will be praying for a complete recovery.
Derith
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 05:29 AM

Michelle,

We will keep you in our prayers as to progress toward a full recovery. Keep your spirits up during this difficult time.

Mark will take care of the kids, house and whatever else comes along.

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: Elmer

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 05:31 PM

Michelle,

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery .... You will most definitely be in our prayers. Put up your dukes and fight!!

Carol & Dan
Posted By: JoAnn

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/15/02 11:12 PM

Mark and Michelle,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
JoAnn&John
Posted By: anniemac

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/16/02 12:12 AM

My thoughts and prayers are certainly with both of you. My husband Darrell was diagnosed with colon cancer last February and spent a week in the hospital, followed by about 6 weeks recuperation here at home before starting chemo AND radiation, simultaneously. Radiation was six weeks, and chemo six months. A tiring and trying time for both of us.

Looking back, he did well, and I am really proud of him. He's regained his appetite and stamina - in fact, 10 days after his last chemo session, we hiked several miles on Isle Royale (Michigan) on a lighthouse trip with the US Lighthouse Society. We had planned the trip well before his diagnosis, and it was truly the carrot at the end of a long stick....he (we) were bound and determined to make it on the trip!
I can't say it will be an easy path for EITHER of you, but as his oncologist said, if you're gotta get cancer, colorectal is one of the 'better' ones with a HIGH survivor rate.
Anne Camp
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/16/02 03:14 AM

You're in our thoughts and prayers Michelle and Mark.

Rich (& Cam)
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/16/02 08:19 AM

I emailed Mark for an update today and got some upbeat news in return.

Quote:
Michelle came home this evening, She is doing quite well following the surgery which was one week ago today.

The doctors (3 of them) all believe the surgery went very well, they removed the section of colon with the tumor and were able to reconnect the two ends successfully. They removed 20 lymph nodes for biopsy and unfortunately 9 of them came back positive (the good news is that those 9 nodes are out), Had there been no positives she wouldn't have needed chemo, So she will need to have chemo, the doctor told us to wait 4 weeks to recuperate from the surgery before starting chemo.

She has an appointment with her Oncologist here locally next Wednesday and she will start making arrangements to go up to the University of Chicago for a second opinion and or treatment at the University. They have a very highly rated cancer center there.

As you may know, Michelle is a registered nurse so she is fairly knowledgeable about cancer and has been able to explain a lot to me about everything.

Michelle is very upbeat and positive that she will beat this, It is considered a highly treatable type of cancer, and we think it was caught pretty early, so we are hopeful and PRAYING that it can be stopped here and now.

Michelle and I greatly appreciate all the thoughts, well wishes, and prayers and other success stories. It is very comforting.
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/16/02 09:11 AM

Praise the Lord! That is a heartening report. Hang in there and best wishes.

Tim
Posted By: Bob M

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/16/02 01:06 PM

It sounds like things are headed in the right direction. Michelle's medical background is a definite asset to a full recovery.

The miracles of modern medicine get better each day.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Kaiz

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/16/02 02:18 PM

Mark & Michelle,

You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully everyday will be a little better. Michelle sounds very strong...positive attiude always helps.

Patty & Mike
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/16/02 06:53 PM

The Wagners are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Digger

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/18/02 05:44 PM

Mark & Michelle, I Just heard about this today. We will praying and thinking about you everyday!!!
Posted By: shiulong

Re: A Prayer Request For My Wife Please - 11/18/02 05:59 PM

Michelle and your family will be in our prayers every day.

Bless you all,

Chuck, Betty, Amanda and John Anderson
© 2024 Collector Forums