LighthouseKeepers.com

Sailing On Fair Winds Now

Posted By: Kat

Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 02:04 AM

Dear Friends of Harbour Lights, again I am asking for your prayers for not only myself and my family but also my mother. On January 25th 2000 God has asked me to carry another cross...my father, a USN sailor for 26 years was called home by his heavenly captain. His death was very shocking, I had just spoken to him the saturday before his passing and he told me his cardiologist had given him a clean bill of health. I called him to thank him for a beautiful wooden painted replica of Montauk Point he had sent me. We were talking about making more such beauties for the upcoming reunion. I will miss him dearly, he always loved to give big bear hugs when he saw you and they will be dearly missed. My mother is taking his death very hard and so I most especially ask that you keep her in your prayers....her name is Mary Williams and my fathers name was John Williams. Thankyou all so much for being the supportive group you are.
I just got back from Virginia, which is where they lived and guess what Larry did...took me lighthouse shopping...thanks hon, I really needed that.

Sincerely
Kat Waterson
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 02:21 AM

You and your mother-in-law will certainly be in my prayers, Kat.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 02:33 AM

Our prayers are with you.

"TheLightkeeper"
Posted By: JJ

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 02:56 AM

Kat, so sorry to hear of this loss for you and your mother. Kathy and I send along our prayers and all our sympathy to you...Jim
Posted By: Joanne

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 02:58 AM

Kat, my condolences to you, your mother and the rest of your family. You will be in my prayers.

Joanne
Posted By: Jake

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 06:58 AM

Kat-

We are so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you.

Stephen
Posted By: Nana

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 07:00 AM

Kat, I too will be holding you and your Mother in my thoughts and prayers.
Derith
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 07:10 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother Kat.

Eric
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 07:53 AM

Kim and I will keep you and your Mom in our prayers, too Kat.
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 03:01 PM

Kat,

MJ & I will have you, Larry, your Mom and the girls in our thoughts and prayers. It is never easy to lose a loved one and especially when it is unexpected.

I will be visiting Avery Point today, at the mouth of the Thames River here in Groton, CT (home to the submarine base & where you lived when your Dad was stationed here). I will be able to see New London Ledge & New London Harbor lighthouses, past which your Dad sailed many times while serving onboard submarines in the US Navy. I will say a special prayer for John Williams.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: Art

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 04:38 PM

Kat, You and your family remain in my thoughts & prayers.

------------------
-Art
Posted By: mombo

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 06:49 PM

Kat, I was sad to read of your loss. My sympathy and prayers go out to you and your family.

Sue
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/06/00 07:02 PM

Kat,

Marla and I are sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in out thoughts and our prayers.

-Todd
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/07/00 04:21 AM

Kat,

I've lost me Dad too, so know how bad it can be (still is). I'll simply echo everyone else with my sympathies and prayers.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: Digger

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/08/00 03:13 AM

You and your family will be in me prayers Kat. Sudden and unexpected losses are very difficult. Always remember that we will be here for you.
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/08/00 05:08 AM

Kat, I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your dad. I lost my dad too and know the pain it brings. I will certainly be praying for you, your mom, and your family.

Barb
Posted By: Lighthousedude

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/08/00 01:16 PM

Sorry to read the news of the passing of your dad. May the lord bless him. My prayers are with you.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sailing On Fair Winds Now - 02/09/00 05:32 AM

Kat,

I don't know if you remember reading here on the Forum that my dad passed away in August. I have found myself doing a lot of remembering. And those memories really seem to ease the feeling of loss quite a bit; more so as time goes on.

And my mother, both grandmothers, grandfather and step-mother very suddenly and unexpectedly passed away over just the past few years. My one Grandma was my absolute best friend. Of course, I loved them all. One thing I can tell you is that time does heal the hurt a little more with each day.

Christmas was a little tough this year. But I found myself at the Christmas dinner table with what little is left of my family, with grandma's, mom's and my step-mom's recipes on the table on my grandmother's china looking at one of daddy's and grandpa's favorite meals. My brother asked me to offer the prayer and I surprised myself when I said a prayer of thanks thanking the Lord for blessing us all with the man that my father was.

We will pray that the Lord ministers to you and your family during this really difficult time.

Karen
& Michael
© 2024 Collector Forums