LighthouseKeepers.com

New Granddaughter

Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 04:19 AM

On Monday morning, our second grandaughter, Annabel, was born. My wife and I have had Madison, our first granddaughter, (now 3), all week. Karen, (my wife), had matching t-shirts made up for Madi and Anna, (that's what I've decided to call her). Madi's says "I'm the big sister" and Anna's says "I'm the little sister". Though not ready to wear her's yet, Anna's first encounter with her sister on Monday consisted of a very proud Madi wearing her new "big sister" t-shirt.
This photo of the two of them was taken at the hospital today. And yes, I'm a VERY PROUD Granddad!!!! [img]http://www.thecapecodstore.com/images/Madison_Annabel.bmp[/img]
Posted By: Dave H

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 04:45 AM

Congratulations, Roland & family on your newest addition. I have a feeling that Anna will join Madi in the "I can control the grandparents" club . . .
Posted By: wvlights0

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 05:38 AM

Two granddaughters. You're in trouble!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 06:01 AM

What a beautiful picture! You all must be so happy & proud. It's so great being grandparents!
vhappy
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 06:20 AM

Two beautiful girls - that picture will be a treasure to both of them for the rest of their lives. Congrats to you, Karen and the extended family!
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 06:47 AM

Two very beautiful girls. I know you are proud as well you should be. I know they will both have you wraped around thier fingers for years to come!

Grandchildren are GREAT!
Posted By: WVsister

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 06:55 AM

Congratulations, Our mother always said "Any man will say he wants a boy until you put a little girl in his arms." You will have great fun. I hope you get to see them often. Grandchildren living long distances away is not always easy. Have fun with both of them.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 04:13 PM

groupwave

Congratulations, Roland and family on your newest addition.

I see you have another future employee for the store !!!
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 04:51 PM

Big Congratulations, Granddad!

And I love the photo, especially the softness of it. Beautiful girls!

Judy

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/02/09 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WVsister:
Congratulations, Our mother always said "Any man will say he wants a boy until you put a little girl in his arms." You will have great fun. I hope you get to see them often. Grandchildren living long distances away is not always easy. Have fun with both of them.
Luckily Nancy, they live in the next town and Madi's second home is with "Nana" and "Bamp". I expect it will be much the same with Anna. That is, as long as these old grandparent bodies hold out!
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/05/09 09:49 PM

Beautiful grandkids and lovely photo.

Congratulations and best wishes for many wonderful years of fun with these precious gifts.

Judy
Posted By: 5lights

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/06/09 07:15 PM

Congratulations!
Beautiful girls!!! I agree with Judy on the photo and the softness. Reminds you of a studio portrait...what a keepsake.
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/06/09 08:40 PM

Congratulations! Wonderful picture of two beautiful girls.

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/07/09 12:08 AM

Thank you all for the comments and well-wishes. I feel extremely blessed with two beautiful granddaughters and both being so close and a large part of our lives.

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/07/09 12:10 AM

And, oh yeah, that photo was taken with a cell phone!
Posted By: docsweetie

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/07/09 03:52 AM

Two beautiful granddaughters you have, Roland. Congratulations! Also I didn't know cell phones could take such great photos.. Good info to have.

Enjoy those grandchildren. They are the best!
Posted By: 5lights

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/07/09 03:08 PM

Hard to believe you could get such an awesome photo with a cell phone! Impressive!!!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/07/09 05:27 PM

As the proud Papa of two Grand-daughters myself I have been meaning to post congratulations on both the new addition and the great cell phone photo. It just doesn't get any better than this!!
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: New Granddaughter - 04/09/09 04:44 AM

Congratulations to the entire family!

Grandchildren are a blessing and help to keep us young. I had our two grandsons today and we went swamping at a local nature center with a group of other people. We got to catch tadpoles, frogs, salamanders and some water bugs. Of course on of the grandsons fell in the swamp and got wet. The other just loved looking and holding on to the tadpoles. What more can you ask than to spend time with these precious children and to teach them about the world we live in. Enjoy them!

Mary
© 2024 Collector Forums