LighthouseKeepers.com

Wedding and Golden Wedding

Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/17/05 05:28 PM

Our busy year carries on...
On the 30th of September we will be proud glad happy delighted to welcome Wendy into our Familiy. Son Ian is getting married and we love his bride.
And then on the 8th of October we will have a very special celebration in Germany. My (Margret's) parents Golden Wedding.
Think of us and of both "Happy Couples" in this time of celebration!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/17/05 05:36 PM

Best wishes and much happiness to the bride & groom, Wendy & Ian...May you be as fortunate and loving as Margret's parents to make it to your "Golden Anniversary." The very best to both couples and also to Stan & Margret. cool
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/17/05 08:51 PM

Wow - one generation reaching the Golden level, another starting the elevator ride from the ground floor. Your plate is full. Enjoy, enjoy.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/18/05 04:04 AM

Our best wishes from this side of the pond to all of you. Really remarkable! Stan or Margret you must be somewhere in the center of the two happy couples.

Bert & Sharon

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/18/05 07:10 PM

... and WE are a happy couple too !! smile
It isn't the first time married for either of us, but it is certainly the BEST TIME !!!
Posted By: Kat

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/18/05 11:30 PM

Congratulations to the Happy Couple on their upcoming nuptuals and also to the Golden Anniversary couple. God Bless them and their entire family as well.

Our daughter is getting married September 24th and hope to post a picture here next week. We are very happy for her and look forward to being able to call Mark our son.

Kat and Larry Waterson

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/19/05 10:03 AM

Congratulations Kat & Larry on the expansion of your family. It is nice when the kids choose good partners and the family grows in harmony!
We wish you lots of joy!
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/19/05 09:08 PM

Congratulations Stan and Margret and Kat! Both (all three?...whatever) of your events are wonderful! laugh

BTW...do you call "anniversaries" "weddings" in England? To expand my UK vocab... smile

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/20/05 10:39 AM

"Golden Wedding" is just the lazy way... we should say "Golden Wedding anniversary", but - sorry - I was too lazy to type all that :rolleyes: wink

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/23/05 10:30 AM

I am in the process of starting the layout for a "Wedding newspaper" for my parents golden wedding anniversary and found this photograph of the "happy couple" on October 6th 1955. Thought I'd share it with you.

It is astonishing that my mum found enough material to make such a lovely dress. In 1955 there was still not much to be had in Germany. I remember my Dad telling us that he had to borrow the top hat and the only one he could find to borrow was too small so he made sure he did not have to actually wear it. He carried it a lot of the time. smile cool
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 09/23/05 12:30 PM

Nice photograph. smile Really love those old black and whites. laugh Congrats to all the couples. smile

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 10/15/05 09:59 PM

Well finally I have some more pictures.

First the youngsters, as the wedding was first on the calendar. So here is the happy couple with Stan and myself ...

... and then the Golden Couple as they were on the day ...

Both days were wonderful and we are grateful that we were allowed to be part of them both.

Thank you all for the thoughts and congratulations, which we have passed to both couples!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 10/16/05 02:29 PM

Great memories, Margret. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Welcome home.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 10/18/05 04:02 AM

Two beautiful brides, only 50 years and a few countries apart. Congratulations to all. I'm sure you had a wonderful time. smile
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Wedding and Golden Wedding - 10/18/05 08:42 AM

Beautiful pictures, beautiful story. Thanks for sharing them.
© 2024 Collector Forums